Abortion: Right or Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK time for my actual views now.

Personally I don't think it's fair to the baby, if something has the ability to become a living breathing human being and you decide to end it's life when their are options for adoption/foster homes, it makes it really stupid.
First of all, my semen has the ability to become a living breathing human being. Should I be saving that too?

Second, adoption and foster homes can suck...

I think that the woman should have every right to as the baby is a part of her. As long as the baby has no feelings I see no problem with it. We've got no shortage of people on this planet, so there is no need to bring another one on it if it isn't even wanted by the mother.

It's actually not fair for men too because they don't get to decide if their baby is going to die or not

That's like your mother killing you and your father saying, "don't worry, we can make another child right now", and BAM:
images

Why, thanks. I take pride in my ignorance. :)

Okay, fine. Just one tiny example to put a hole through your "opinion".

The baby's killing the mother. The baby can't survive without the mother. When the mother dies, the baby will inevitably die. Neither the baby nor the mother will be able to survive without the abortion.

Yeah, you lose. :p

But really, what we're all talking about are the teenagers who accidently fall pregnant. And I say that it's their prerogative. And no, it's not just like any other form of contraception... if you've actually ever talked to someone who's had an abortion, I'm quite sure that you'll have found that the experience is on the whole a little more emotionally crippling than going down to the shops and buying condoms. Whether it's due to a stupid mistake or a tragic coincidence, it's not like it's an easy choice to make. So yeah, I applaud those teenagers who have chosen to give birth to the child - either giving it up for adoption or raising it themselves - but I completely understand why a teenager would choose to abort. And I'd do the same thing if I was in her shoes.

Right if the parents are ugly dimwit scroungers that have never worked a day in there life

By the way that should be compulsory for that class of people

Okay, fine. Just one tiny example to put a hole through your "opinion".

The baby's killing the mother. The baby can't survive without the mother. When the mother dies, the baby will inevitably die. Neither the baby nor the mother will be able to survive without the abortion.

Yeah, you lose. :p

You got me there. I guess it's different then, but since I'd never be in those shoes, I can't really decide on what'd I do.

I believe a woman should have a right to her own body. There are circumstances which an abortion is acceptable in my opinion and to deny it to a woman in need is barbaric as I see it.

[STRIKE]You're stupid.

I think I'll leave it at that.[/STRIKE]

It's not stupid it's true. His line is self-explanatory

That was a very stupid thing to say.

I could make you admit that you're wrong with a plethora of examples, but I think I'll leave it at that.

It's not stupid it's true. His line is self-explanatory

I'm against it in certain situations and for it in others. For example if a 14 year old girl (any age really) gets raped and gets pregnant I believe she should have the right to get an abortion. Or if the child poses a threat to the mothers life. HOWEVER I do not think people should use it as a form of birth control. Just my $0.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back