All this trash talking about PS3 having no games needs to stop, it just came out!

arcticreaver said:
nintendo is making a quick buck. i've never even heard of a new gen system till now. (maybe i'm not hardcore enough?) whatever that is.

the thing is that the Wii doesn't have the 3rd party support that it would like. and with the Wii being dated, there will be a limit to how much nintendo can market the console based on the wiimote since that is the only thing "new" about it.

first of all, it lacks things that other systems can do. we look at Sony and MS - they all support dvd play back. where is the wii? sure, it's just a game console, but these days, a dvd play is not a must-have, it's common sense, it should just be there without question.

with me, personally, after i got over the wiimote, i found that the wii isn't that impressive, it doesn't offer that much as a console itself with only a hand full of good games that are coming(let's just count games for Wii and no ports and no VC games).

that's not to say the Wii doesn't have good games coming, but compare their line of games to PS3, the PS3 has a better line of games with much more 3rd party support for their system.

looking at the Wii, to me it's more like a GameCube these days. really, what is the difference beside the wiimote? so i paid 249.99 for the wiimote but the system itself is a gamecube wanna be?

i don't have the PS3 yet, but just reading about the system is blowing me away.

let's not talk about the how much the PS3 is, because right now i'm talking about the system itself, i'm not talking about cost and prices. the system(PS3) *****-slaps the Wii 100x times and back hand slaps it another 100x in terms of technology. i would like to see someone say that the Wii is more advance than the PS3.

in terms of the games. okay. it's like PS2 when it came out. developers saying it's so hard to make games for it. okay, fast forward, PS3 came out and it's also hard. why? because it's NEW technology. yeah that's right, sony pushes the system and the developers to make games that they didn't think was possible.

face it the Wii is using old technology. so what does old technology bring for us? when the majority want the best of the best?

ive heard it refered to as "new gen" on here i guess because of the whole motion control but thats not the issue here...

i never said the wii is advanced tech.. and im not a f@#king moron to say Wii in terms of hardware is better than PS3 you have to be an idiot to think that, i know computers im A+ certified, working on network + and a few others so i know hardware limitations.
so you need to slow your role buddy..

but whats to say that developers cant make games on the wii fun and interesting? im sorry i dont need fancy graphics to have fun... hell i played CS before it was on the source engine and way before it was even on steam.

heh gamecube wannabe.... funny you say that because its actually like 1.5 steps up from the cube not saying much but they put in a little effort to surpass game cube specs.

if the majority wanted the best of the best then the Wii would be low in terms of sales and the PS3 would be breaking sales records in australia not the wi... but thats not saying the wii is better.
as of right now the wii is the new fad, will it last? who knows....

nintendo is picking up alot of 3rd party support even if they are just pumping out stupid games the fact is PEOPLE WILL BUY THEM! maybe not alot but people will buy games.

At least 15 first-party games due in fiscal year

Sony has promised PlayStation 3 owners that at least 145 titles are on the way to the US, which includes approximately 40 PSN titles and more than 105 boxed games.

The clarification follows Sony Computer Entertainment president Kaz Hirai's recent statement promising 380 titles within the fiscal year ending March 2008.

According to an SCEA spokesman, Hirai was citing international figures.

The number of first-party titles announced for fiscal 2007 stands at 15, including Heavenly Sword, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, LAIR, Little Big Planet, Eye of Judgment, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Just wanted to clarify on the actual numbers of games coming out for everyone.

GamerCon said:
People are cheap and stupid, but mostly cheap.

ok heres my situation.. i want a PS3 but i know that i wont get the 600 dollars out of it for just one game...

now would you buy PS3 for one game?

not acting like a dick just wondering your opinion.. i know the ps3 can and will be used for more than just gaming but im talking as a gaming machine can you justify spending 600 for one game?

just so everyone knows that game is gran turismo 5...

GamerCon said:
People are cheap and stupid, but mostly cheap.

you are so f-ing right.

Mystical said:
It may be old tech,, but its selling like crazy in storez

selling like crazy doesn't mean it's a better console. nintendo is a marketing machine. i, for one know that... now that i've been tricked.

games on the Wii are all old and has been games. they are still great games (talking about VC games here) but they are old and the majority of the people want NEW games with new and improved graphics.

nintendo is smart and they aren't anywhere near dumb. they know how to market a system. it's the question of what else can they market with the Wii? i'm not sure if they can market it anymore than they already have.

i mean, it doesn't support a dvd player (yet anyways), the system is not technically advance (view the specs, i'm too lazy to post a link), therefore, it limits the capability of the wiimote, 3rd party support is not that strong, and the system only offers 480p in terms of HD resolution.

while technology is moving forward by leaps and bounds, nintendo is not moving forward with the technology, at least not for the Wii. while the PS3 is basically putting not new technology and a whole lot of it. like i said, they are the only really pushing the envelope. it's like writing mail the old fashion way but we can write e-mails with faster delivery time with a faster response. PS3 is e-mail. Wii is not even mail, it's freakin' pony express.

sure, the PS3 is probably outdated in terms of technology right now. but in terms of new technology, it's not that far behind. Wii is FAR behind for our time.

No. I wouldnt buy anything for just one game. I have a PS2 but hardly use it cause of great PS3 support for PS1/2 titles. I play old PS games on it mostly sure, but i do the same with the Wii cause, the games are pretty bad for it. I eventually put the Wii away and just got out the GC cause i didnt want to have to switch between remote and controller.

Is the Wii a good buy for just one game? Is it even a good buy for what it can do?

I might not play many PS3 games but at least it makes up for the lack of games in one way or another. Im glad Sony's not throwing games out, Nintendo has so many bad games for the Wii, like almost all of them, that are not even worth $50.

you are so f-ing right.

Of course. I feel the same way, tricked by Nintendo. I was the biggest supporter until i played the PS, which i hated. I cried when my mom got me a PS for christmas cause i wanted a N64, thats how bad it was.

Last edited:
JeremyGTS said:
ive heard it refered to as "new gen" on here i guess because of the whole motion control but thats not the issue here...

i never said the wii is advanced tech.. and im not a f@#king moron to say Wii in terms of hardware is better than PS3 you have to be an idiot to think that, i know computers im A+ certified, working on network + and a few others so i know hardware limitations.
so you need to slow your role buddy..

but whats to say that developers cant make games on the wii fun and interesting? im sorry i dont need fancy graphics to have fun... hell i played CS before it was on the source engine and way before it was even on steam.

heh gamecube wannabe.... funny you say that because its actually like 1.5 steps up from the cube not saying much but they put in a little effort to surpass game cube specs.

if the majority wanted the best of the best then the Wii would be low in terms of sales and the PS3 would be breaking sales records in australia not the wi... but thats not saying the wii is better.
as of right now the wii is the new fad, will it last? who knows....

nintendo is picking up alot of 3rd party support even if they are just pumping out stupid games the fact is PEOPLE WILL BUY THEM! maybe not alot but people will buy games.

does it look like i give a damn if you know computers or not? i know my role and i'm telling it like it is. Wii is dated. and i never said that you are a moron for calling Wii more technically advanced than the PS3. so i have no idea what you are talking about.

and thanks for pointing out that they only did put a little effort in terms of hardware.

ouch so it's ONLY 1.5 step up from the gamecube? since you are such a savvy computer tech, tell me the improvement from the PS2 to PS3.

as far as i was concerned, i was mainly talking about how Wii is lacking technology and not about the games. while i also do point out that the Wii does have some good titles coming along. so what are you talking about? aside from red herring my post.

GamerCon said:
Of course. I feel the same way, tricked by Nintendo. I was the biggest supporter until i played the PS, which i hated. I cried when my mom got me a PS for christmas cause i wanted a N64, thats how bad it was.

i wanted the N64 for 2 games only. starfox 64 and Killer Instinct 64. Killer Instinct was my favorite figter on SNES.

Last edited:
I have Wii for all the cool games that I love like Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Donkey kong 64 was the **** they kind of ruined him with Donkey Konga and well you get the point and a 360 for the Hardcore Shooter's Like I have GoW and pre-ordered H3 and thinking about getting the darkness not sure yet though

Jangles said:
I have Wii for all the cool games that I love like Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Donkey kong 64 was the **** they kind of ruined him with Donkey Konga and well you get the point and a 360 for the Hardcore Shooter's Like I have GoW and pre-ordered H3 and thinking about getting the darkness not sure yet though
Oh ya and for my old xbox games like doom 3 and H2(Ive worn that game out though) beat it about 4 times and 1k games played on Xbox Live

Wtf Did not mean to double post I ment to press edit instead of quote

Microsoft is the only company that is in the far lead when it comes to actual console growth. Consoles of the past have had their ups and downs too. It takes time to make great games. But, I don't look forward to the joke they call E3 this year. Without support for smaller game developers we can expect more of the same.

MS is also a company that talks a lot of FUD too. downplaying the PS3 like crazy. and what happened? PS3 silenced them. Hard.

Yup. Sony is always on top for everything, but the price.

The price is great, they are on top of that too.

Microsoft said the 360 would have a lot more then it does, they lied so hard.

XwiimasturX said:
Do you wanna play Zelda or Mobile Suit Gundam?

What you don't realize Shift is the fact that all your arguments could be used for both systems. A game doesn't have to be graphically pleasing to be enjoyable. Games like Mobile Suit Gundam *lol* are fairly graphically pleasing except for one thing... the game sucks.

And in another post, you said something like.. "you dont recognize the wii's weakness"

but, for the most part (excluding nfanboy) EVERYONE KNOWS THE WII IS UNDERPOWERED. you dont have to keep bringing that up. and you dont recognize the ps3's weaknesses either. <--not just the price tag.
gotta agree with that

Back