All this trash talking about PS3 having no games needs to stop, it just came out!

it's funny, i was at my buddy's house and he's got an XBOX 360. i was talking to them about the PS3 since i was getting one and i told them you didn't have to pay to go online. they just sat there in silence for like a whole 3 minutes. it was great.

arcticreaver said:
it's funny, i was at my buddy's house and he's got an XBOX 360. i was talking to them about the PS3 since i was getting one and i told them you didn't have to pay to go online. they just sat there in silence for like a whole 3 minutes. it was great.
did you also tell them the online kinda sucks compared to live?

It's always interesting to me to see how so many people can get so riled up over something that's really not that important. Everyone has their own reasons for buying their consoles of choice. Every now and then, you get the spoiled child or the working adult who makes it a point to get all three consoles in an attempt to "look cool" or to simply get the best from all three. It really doesn't matter.. The fact is, people buy their console of choice for different reasons and will tend stand wholeheartedly behind their monetary decisions with the fear they may have made the wrong choice. It's human nature.

I bought a used Wii a couple months ago, because that was only way I could own a console with my current income. As a 3rd year medical student with roughly 200,000 in debt, the Wii was the most logical choice for my situation. I don't own an HDTV. I'm not even a big time gamer. Therefore, I would argue that the Wii was best choice for me.

If I had the money, I would love to buy a nice widescreen high-definition TV. I would love to own a PS3 with it's superior graphics and Blu-Ray compatibility.

If I had the time, I would love to buy an Xbox 360 with its large library of games. I would buy every single one and play each game non-stop from beginning to end. I would figure out a way to eat all my meals out of a tube, and to build a toilet into my couch, so that I would never have to worry about getting up to fulfill my human necessities.

Truth is, I don't have such luxuries, and as a result, I didn't buy a PS3 or a 360. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want one. I'll be graduating from med school in 2 years and will starting my 3 year pediatric residency with even less time to play video games, and making less than 50,000 dollars a year. By the time I finish my residency, I'll still be 50,000 dollars in debt.

So really.. more power to you if you have the time and the money to own a better system. I'm jealous of your success. Bottom line is, everyone chooses their favorite system based on their own personal preference. There is no reason to be arguing about which is better or which is worse. While a PS3 may be better for someone because of its superior graphics and Blu-Ray playback, I would argue the Wii is better for ME because of its price and innovative gameplay.

We already know all the facts. It just seems like some of us are SO bent on picking and choosing which facts they want to present. Maybe it's fun for you..

i agree with flood.

just some points im puttin out there:

1) yes the ps3 is powerful and stuff but that dosent matter. the ps3 is a GAMING SYSTEM, therefor it must have good gaming, or it just sux. as of now, it dosent have that many good titles.

2) and then the PS2 is better than the ps3, which is sad, cause next gen is supposed to be better than the previous gen.

3) and the power of the PS3 dosent matter, cause just face it, the wii will beat the ps3, and we all know it. so all that power and technology really dosent matter cause its gonna get its ass kicked by a consel with that has only 1/9000 of its power. and you all know i have some good points there

You have no proof for that Shoko.. the Ps3 actually has better reviewed games than the Wii's... The best reviewed games on wii are ones from the Virtual Console

Celestial said:
You have no proof for that Shoko.. the Ps3 actually has better reviewed games than the Wii's... The best reviewed games on wii are ones from the Virtual Console
i have no proof that the ps3 dosent have as many good games as it should?

think about that and then look at ur post

edit: oh yea, and go to game stats.com. ull see that the best reviewed games arent vc games......

Last edited:
I meant you have no proof for your third point... Wii doesn't really have many good games either you know...

more than the ps3. and then, it has more great games coming out in the future than the ps3 does

and wat do u mean i have no proof of the wii beating the ps3? are u ok celestial?

the wii just came out too and it's doing alot better than the ps3 and xbox 360 combined

Back