Buying a PS2 tomarrow

dave mirra freestyle bmx 2, loved it..

oh and get some gran tourismo

(cant help with the online, my brother took the ps2 before i got a chance to try anything)

Just get a slim ps2 so you dont have to try and find an online adaptor.
SOCOM ll is the only online game I like for ps2, "and if you get it, pm me"
3 and combined assault were bad in my opinion. I must have played for 200,000 hrs online with socom lol

of course that's just an exageration [maybe] but you get my point)

sherwood3570 said:
Thanks Tails. I forgot to ask...What games are good for online play, what do I need to get online?

I'm googling right now but other feedback is surely nice.

You're goin' need an online adapter which can't be found anywhere, you might have to resort to ebay if ya do.

I always found Star Wars Battlefront Online to be fun, since it's really the only online game i played on the PS2 =X.

clocktower!!! i remember playing i think it was the 3rd one and that game freaked me out great game! took me like all of a month to beat it though. not very complex if youre an avid gamer. then agian, i also didnt put the controller down that whole month because school was out for winter recess back in the day when it came out.

kingdom hearts 1 was amazing. the second one i never played since i dont have my ps2 anymore. if you cant seem to get into final fantasy (dont get any for PS2, IMO they sucked! find the ones for ps1) for the fact that it bores you, give it a try disney style! i can almost guarentee youll love it.

everything else is just a given for fun like DDR and karaoke revolution. id hold off on DDR for Playstation 2 because its comming out for the wii. in due time i can almost guarentee the wii will have some sort of singing game as well since there have been talks of a headset/microphone thing going on.

Well I went out today on my search. I almost....this - close bought a used PS2 Slim. I just couldn't do it though becuase I'm worried about it breaking. So I bought myself a new PS2 Slim. It's silver and pretty good looking. The silver controller rocks. I only bought Devil May Cry and it turns out that it doesn't work:(. I'll have to bring it back to my gamezone tomarrow for a new copy or a re-surface.

I went out to a few rummage sales today and found Sonic The Hedgehog in the case, NFL 94', Blazing Blades or something, and Driver 2. All for $1.00. Driver doesn't work yet. It needs to be re-surfaced as well.

Edit:500th post :O

Okami is the dog in you're avy right?
I heard that, that game was marvelous.

A lot of the online games for the PS2 have closed servers. Don't bother buying an adapter now. It's only a matter of time before they remove the rest. Metal Gear Online was one of the best. If you missed out, you missed out on a great game. Hackers did ruin the experience...

Dang, so a lot of games I wouldn't even be able to play online. Why the hell would they do that, considering PS2's are still selling in stores..Is Socom still working online??

Okami is a MUST BUY for any PS2 owner which im assuming you already have.... Mercenaries is a great shooter/adventure game. Some great RPGs are Star Ocean Till the End of Time, Dragon Quest 8, (a must for any ''RPG lover'') and Rouge Galaxy. All these games are 40-100 hours long so you will definitely get your moneys worth and they my favorite titles at this moment...and Ive played many PS2 games.
You can check out these titles at www.IGN.com or www.Gamespot.com

Last edited:
I have Dragon Quest 8 And Star Ocean, but DQ8 sux, Star Ocean, on the other hand, is sex on a screen!

Well you may think DQ sucks, but its truly a brilliant game if you play it long enough. Exploring is what really made me love the game, and the interesting characters. Even then, the series is huge and it sells great in Japan. So it one of those series that stick around forever.
But I loved Star Oceans bizarre storyline. It had so many twists! Man, I really hope we see a sequel! Id buy it in a flash!

Last edited:
Back