Confirmed: No Online for Metroid Prime 3

callme.nasty said:
but that's the thing, it could. they could easily create an online multiplayer mode that could be as good as halo's. and with the single player being much better than halo's campaign crap, MP3 could be the next great game and overtake the halo series.
Please explain how you knwo it "wouldn't be much trouble" to set up an online option? Are you an experienced game developer? Metroid could overtake Halo if it weren't for the fact that Halo has this impenetrable hype around it. For some strange reason, people use Halo as a mark to pit other fps with, despite the fact that Halo isn't all that original, nor all that great (IMHO).

yes it is! both XBox360 and PS3 have an online mode for nearly every single game they come out with. even the ps2 and xbox had online for just about all the games, or atleast every one i played... nintendo is really screwing up with this online stuff. online is the future. i know that they lost thousands of sales after no online is confirmed.
Rumble is standard (sorry Sony, but it's true). Analogue stick is standard. D-pad is standard. Online is not standard - people often play games without it.

Whilst having games online compatible, it's not a feature that possibly even most people often utilize. Whether people like it or not, online is not essential for selling a game, at least to those that play games for the fun rather than "pwning newbs on the intarweb".

It doesn't bother me that MP3 isn't online. I would like to see an online FPS in which developers focus on multiplayer. Usually, its either good multi or good single player, not both.

What is the first online shooter going to be?

FoxRox said:
It doesn't bother me that MP3 isn't online. I would like to see an online FPS in which developers focus on multiplayer. Usually, its either good multi or good single player, not both.

What is the first online shooter going to be?
Well, Battalion Wars 2 is confirmed online, although it will be third person view, rather than first. Looks quite funky.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battalion_Wars_2

Battalion Wars 2 will feature three online multiplayer modes. In "Assault" one player simply defends a base while the other attempts to take/destroy the base in a time limit, "Skirmish" or no time limit is more for tactical depth with both players fighting each other using the most of the new features like bases to give a more thought through attack.[2] Among the available multiplayer matches is Capture the Flag, for up to four players.[4] At the 2006 Games Convention, a full-screen two-player demo was accomplished through two Wii consoles connected via wireless LAN.[5] The lack of multiplayer was the most commonly cited shortcoming of the first game.[citation needed]

The gameplay will combine land, sea, and air combat and will feature five new naval units: Battleship, Frigate, Submarine, Dreadnought and Transport.[2] There will be six playable nations,[2] with all the original sides from the first game (Western Frontier, Tundran Empire, Xylvania, Solar Empire, and the Iron Legion) confirmed to return, the Anglo Isles as the newcomer.[citation needed] The game will also feature the ability to capture facilities (such as the HQ, Barracks, Factories, Airfield, and Docks) that can be used to generate more units.[2] BWii will also feature a map for commanding units from far away called Map Screen Commanding,[2] thus fixing another cited downside of the previous game, the inability to micro-manage units.[citation needed]

With new screenshots it appears each country has a different map, as well as revealing new vehicles that were previously unavailable to most factions.[original research?]

Sounds pretty good to me!

Exactly, whether you like Halo or not it is a huge seller and has an incredible amount of hype surrounding it. The first two Metroid Prime games sold really well and received a lot of critical and commercial appeal, but they couldn't touch the first two Halo games. It will be much the same with the third game in each series.

Now, Metroid can still be a huge success, and should be. It can still help bring in a new era of fps control, something more in line with the mouse/keyboard computer controls. But, it will not outdo Halo 3.

Why do I feel like I'm the only person here who actually played MP1 MP2...

What in the sweet hell made you think it would make a good online multiplayer shooter?

And you can't really call Halo 3 "over hyped" when it goes multi-gold months before it's release. "over hyped" implies it dies down once it comes out. Which isn't going to happen with Halo 3. And I'm not even a Halo fan.

Im tired of Nintendo and how they DONT push developers to make games online crap.....I think Metroid is one of the hottest FPS games in Nintendos life span but yet they fail to take it to the next lvl....theres nothing wrong with some half arse'd online service like Sonys :p Ridge Racer 7(god that sucked)

....Back then I was ready to pre-order this game from stores that didn't even accept pre orders...but now....pff Ima jus sit this aside once i get my Fill of shooting mofos.

After a few hours weekly of playing and knowing Im not gonna be able to own some person in the game...This game is gonna sit on the side and collect dust......finishing a level in under 3min is not enough to show my skills to the world. Take some more time out and make a decent multiplayer(2 types of guns only, some bombs colors suits for specific spots in lvls and BAM ur in :p)this game would last way longer with more depth(even the title screen has a little bit of buttons :p) and maybe even get a dedicated fan site or even tournys<--(Haven't really seen many Metroid prime sites up sry if there are.)

Having a hot single player is one thing but having a hot single player and multiplayer WITH online is....well....three things i guess :p.....

as least EA got the online picture but Nintendo themselves havent....:eek:ut:

Either way I'm pretty sure Metroid's gonna get a good score.Even though its not the online that makes this game its gonna be the online that kills Nintendo....ONE DAY BEWARE!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm thinking it will make people forget about Metroid period....accept for those Die hard fans..... dout there will be much new ones either. Ima get the game just because Samus is my main in brawl and to support Retro in making an online one day....

So you would have rather had a crappy online mode that takes away from developing the single player mode than have a complete and polished single player game with no online? Yep, that makes a lot of sense.

NO!!!!!....I'd rather have a polished single player mode that was perfected for the fans and THEN<----!!! a crappy online mode slapped on after there for delaying the game another few months....screw the desperate "need play now" fans get the money FTW!!!

But you see the thing is. Games usually have a crappy campaign and awesome online play like halo, or awesome campaign and crappy online play like games like Prey.

Rarely do you get a game with both that are awesome and when you do it is made by Epic.

come to think of it, Wiichat didnt report anything...and did those reports actually come from ninteno, or from those gaming sites? If ninty officially announced it, wouldnt wiichat post it as news?

vagrant said:
But you see the thing is. Games usually have a crappy campaign and awesome online play like halo, or awesome campaign and crappy online play like games like Prey.

Rarely do you get a game with both that are awesome and when you do it is made by Epic.

dood, i would have to disagree.i think halo has a great story, and an aswome online mode.

Last edited:
..Halo has a pretty weak story :/ I gave up caring by level 3.

Back