Confirmed: No Online for Metroid Prime 3

kevbomac05 said:
im so short sighted okay im open to anything its u little nintendo fanboys who are brainwashed or are too poor to buy a 360 or ps3, because thats where its at, online is what u remebmer
lol im not a fanboy and i never have been, this is the first ninty ive had since the snes lol, in between ive had PS and xbox, and i intend to buy a PS3 and maybe a 360 however I have to work for everything ive got as well as paying rent,power,food,ect. i cant just run to mummy and ask for a new console as soon as it comes out
as far as i know owning only a wii doesnt make you a fanboy.

Last edited:
callme.nasty said:
because it only takes a little more than a year to make a game. plenty of games come out at the same time every year. granted, they build upon last years edition, but they still have to redo a lot of the game. MP3 has been in the making for over 2 years, so they could've released one when the wii came out, like it was supposed to, and they could've had another one out by beginning of 2008 if they wanted to.
How do you know that? I didnt realise every game took a set time to make. No exceptions. Hurrr hurrr hurr I like to complain hurr hurr hurr.

If they released one when the Wii came out it would have been rushed, as would have the next as you said...are you even listening to yourself?

callme.nasty said:
how can i take you seriously when you exaggerate this much?
I'm not, its the truth :/

callme.nasty said:
ok, how about online multiplayer campaign mode... there you ****ing go, same game, except you can play along with someone else. i officially have more creativity than all of you.
Bwhahaha Metroid wouldnt work that way either..have you played Metroid? Your alone in Metroid...its always been that way, Samus doent have someone you could team up with. Also knowing how big metroid planets are, you'd get lost and never see your partner again.

Very Creative.
kevbomac05 said:
im so short sighted okay im open to anything its u little nintendo fanboys who are brainwashed or are too poor to buy a 360 or ps3, because thats where its at, online is what u remebmer
I have a 360, which broke, and now have another sitting beside my Wii. Glad you know so much about everyone.

kevbomac05 said:
Ye, you see the problem with saying stupid things like that?

Idiot.

Where have we been saying things that weren't backed up by any evidence or examples?

360 and PS3 is "where it's at" for people who like those consoles. For the people that like the Wii, The wii is "where it's at".

Even for a 15 year old, you're not doing terribly well here, are you?

whats the point arguing with you guys? some of the most closed-minded people i have ever seen are in this thread right now. how can you argue so much about a multiplayer mode when you don't even have to play it. i'm not saying that they should replace the single player mode with an online multiplayer mode. i'm saying they should have both. i'm not even saying they should force in a multiplayer and then also have a shitty single player mode. i'm saying they could have both. i have not once complained about the delays, i am only stating that they have had time to make a good single player, along with a good multiplayer. i wouldn't even mind if they just slapped in a bad multiplayer mode. you know why? because when you play online with other people, its different every time. even if its not the greatest, its still fun because its always different. open your f*cking minds.

so much for: ZOMG METRIOD PRIME IS TEH HALO KILLER

which it wouldnt have been anyways

callme.nasty said:
i have not once complained about the delays
Re read every one of your posts on this thread, you moaned about delays ALOT.

And its already a Halo killer in my eyes, multiplayer or not..its main game has beating Halos generic signle player twice in a row as far as I'm concerned, and is set to so do again.

That said, its only my opinion at the end of the day.

callme.nasty said:
whats the point arguing with you guys? some of the most closed-minded people i have ever seen are in this thread right now. how can you argue so much about a multiplayer mode when you don't even have to play it. i'm not saying that they should replace the single player mode with an online multiplayer mode. i'm saying they should have both. i'm not even saying they should force in a multiplayer and then also have a shitty single player mode. i'm saying they could have both. i have not once complained about the delays, i am only stating that they have had time to make a good single player, along with a good multiplayer. i wouldn't even mind if they just slapped in a bad multiplayer mode. you know why? because when you play online with other people, its different every time. even if its not the greatest, its still fun because its always different. open your f*cking minds.

/cut /cut /cut

Sovieto said:
so much for: ZOMG METRIOD PRIME IS TEH HALO KILLER

which it wouldnt have been anyways
:wtf: I don't recall anyone actually saying that. - D'oh, Jay proved me wrong. Even so, at least he accepted that it was his opinion. I would much prefer to play Metroid than Halo personally. I do hope Metroid sells more than Halo, for then we are more likely to see people saying "It's not as good as Metroid" rather than "it's not as good as Halo".

callme.nasty said:
whats the point arguing with you guys?
We've been wondering that for a while...

some of the most closed-minded people i have ever seen are in this thread right now.
Indeed. I'm replying to one now.

how can you argue so much about a multiplayer mode when you don't even have to play it.
How can you argue about game development cycles?

i'm not saying that they should replace the single player mode with an online multiplayer mode. i'm saying they should have both.
We all know what you're saying. We simply don't agree.

i'm not even saying they should force in a multiplayer and then also have a shitty single player mode. i'm saying they could have both.
Not without doing some major work on it. You do want to play it in 2007 don't you?

i have not once complained about the delays
Indeed, you seem to be hung up on online. It's just not healthy having an obsession like that...

i am only stating that they have had time to make a good single player, along with a good multiplayer.
Say it with me now - Polished. That's what great games are - extremely polished.

i wouldn't even mind if they just slapped in a bad multiplayer mode.
Ye, because it worked for so many other games didn't it?!

you know why? because when you play online with other people, its different every time.
I challenge you to play through a game until you literally have the same experience that you've had before.
"Whoops, the guy dodged left this time, better start again..."

even if its not the greatest, its still fun because its always different.
Why sacrifice that extra polish for a sub-mediocre to mediocre online experience?

open your f*cking minds.
Our minds are open. You're just not filling it with anything actually useful.

Last edited:
Jay61 said:

And its already a Halo killer in my eyes, multiplayer or not..its main game has beating Halos generic signle player twice in a row as far as I'm concerned, and is set to so do again.

or you could read every one of my posts and see how i talked about how in the time they've taken, they could've put in multiplayer. not, " i wish this game came out a while ago", but "it could've came out a while ago."

and yes, its only your opinion, and this is only mine. i respect that. the difference is, my opinion isn't at all hurting what you want this game to be. you're bashing my opinion simply because you think MP3 doesn't need an online mode, and it doesn't, but it could.

callme.nasty said:
and yes, its only your opinion, and this is only mine. i respect that. the difference is, my opinion isn't at all hurting what you want this game to be. you're bashing my opinion simply because you think MP3 doesn't need an online mode, and it doesn't, but it could.
I wasnt refering to you dude, hense me mentioning Halo.

Glasses pls.

Squall7 said:
We all know what you're saying. We simply don't agree.

yeah, i guess you could say that's open minded.

Not without doing some major work on it. You do want to play it in 2007 don't you?

once again you seem to have me figured out. i'd love wait until 2008 if they put in a good multiplayer mode. SSBB is coming out later this year, so that'll have me content until 2008.

Indeed, you seem to be hung up on online. It's just not healthy having an obsession like that...

arguing for an hour doesn't mean i have an obsession. i have more of an obsession about hating people like you than wanting this online multiplayer. i don't even play video games too often. i play maybe 2 or 3 times a month. i work full time, i have a life besides video games.

Ye, because it worked for so many other games didn't it?!

i'm not so sure about so many other games, but other games. Socom 3 for the PS2: absolutely horrible online multiplayer. put together terribly and was full of glitches. but, i played it all the time, every day because it was fun. things don't have to be perfected to be fun. at the time, there were tens of thousands of people playing that game at every moment, not because it was such a perfect game, but because it was fun. and, as time went on, they realized that the multiplayer could've been better and they kept updating the game with new weapons and levels and other stuff. they could do this with MP3.

I challenge you to play through a game until you literally have the same experience that you've had before.
"Whoops, the guy dodged left this time, better start again..."

no, no, but it'll always be the same objectives, the same story, and you'll end up doing the same things you did before.

Our minds are open.

maybe someday...

Jay61 said:
I wasnt refering to you dude, hense me mentioning Halo.

Glasses pls.

my bad, when you quoted me, i figured you were talking to me. that doesn't mean that what i said doesn't still apply.

Well,
I won't be buying Metriod Prime if it doesn't have online
Stupid move Nintendo. Any more slip-ups and my Wii will become 360 money

Wii_Smurf said:
Well,
I won't be buying Metriod Prime if it doesn't have online
Stupid move Nintendo. Any more slip-ups and my Wii will become 360 money

Omg yes another one who will be leaving the forum. This place is bought to get hot in hur.

Jay61 said:

what? have you even played halo 1, the single player is awesome and anything but generic

Back