Gaining XP

You're completely missing the point. Raw XP per match is useless information.

800XP in 10 minutes is about equal to 300XP in 4 minutes. Conflict games go to 10 minutes routinely, where it's very rare to see a Black Box go to the full time (iirc, the Poke-team claims to clear Jungle black box in ~40 seconds). As an indirect result, the fixed end-of-match bonuses pay out more often, so for newer players it makes sense to be in a gametype they can get more of those.

Also, Heroes is great until you go 3 matches with a team who won't hero up. I don't mean to imply you should constantly have a hero on the field as I do understand it's conditional on the situation and it's daft to hero up when staring at 3 enemies, but out of an entire match you ought to find a few opportunities.

No, I got the point. I've learned, from how I play at least, that Heroes and Conflict (Golden Gun is good if you can kill with it.) provide me with the most consistent xp; usually 800-1200 per match. Everything else mentioned will benefit players in every mode (kill streaks, weapon prof. 2:1 kdr, etc)

As far as not spawning heroes, or spawning to often, yeah it can be frustrating. It's a broken mode in that sense. But if you can get 4 players together and get a teammate as host its pretty easy to rack up xp.

You actually pick up & use the golden gun? That's kinda confusing. You get a maximum of 8 kills with it. Even with the golden gun 5-streak bonus I never find it giving more XP than just treating it like a 40-kill Conflict where everyone else inexplicably runs towards a giant marker on the battlefield for my convenience. I know I'm not the only person who thinks like this, a few days back I got a 30-kill streak block on a player named 'abc'. I'm normally pulling host myself, not really sure why I'd want a teammate to have it.

And really, you're advising a new player based on your experience pulling a grand a match. You've got to be getting multiple 10-streaks and 5x domination to get up there without weapon levels. Can you not see how that's not good as 'general' advice? I mean, just post "suck less" and call it a day if that's all you really have to offer.

Ok then bub. My bad for giving good advice to a newer player, which my advice was. Get streaks. Level weapons. Suck less. Thats really all I was saying. The better you get at...now follow me here pal....getting streaks, leveling weapons quickly and generally "sucking less" the xp will come all by it's lonesome regardless of the mode. I would hope this is the ends the topic poster is looking for.
Golden Gun-
If you can get 2 kills before the getting the gun, and go on a 10 streak then:
3 kill streak-25
5 gg kill streak-50
10 streak-150
10 kills @10 xp each-100 xp (2 head shots)
Match win 75 xp.
400 xp in a short match. Now thats best case as you had mentioned but its still more xp and a lot quicker than any BBox game. This probably won't happen which means more kills, streaks and xp for everyone and a lot more for the winner.
Take it all in. Think before you respond with silly attacks that really aren't needed. See now...you got me all defensive.

Last edited:
No, I got the point. I've learned, from how I play at least, that Heroes and Conflict (Golden Gun is good if you can kill with it.) provide me with the most consistent xp; usually 800-1200 per match. Everything else mentioned will benefit players in every mode (kill streaks, weapon prof. 2:1 kdr, etc)

As far as not spawning heroes, or spawning to often, yeah it can be frustrating. It's a broken mode in that sense. But if you can get 4 players together and get a teammate as host its pretty easy to rack up xp.

You actually pick up & use the golden gun? That's kinda confusing. You get a maximum of 8 kills with it. Even with the golden gun 5-streak bonus I never find it giving more XP than just treating it like a 40-kill Conflict where everyone else inexplicably runs towards a giant marker on the battlefield for my convenience. I know I'm not the only person who thinks like this, a few days back I got a 30-kill streak block on a player named 'abc'. I'm normally pulling host myself, not really sure why I'd want a teammate to have it.

And really, you're advising a new player based on your experience pulling a grand a match. You've got to be getting multiple 10-streaks and 5x domination to get up there without weapon levels. Can you not see how that's not good as 'general' advice? I mean, just post "suck less" and call it a day if that's all you really have to offer.

Ok then bub. My bad for giving good advice to a newer player, which my advice was. Get streaks. Level weapons. Suck less. Thats really all I was saying. The better you get at...now follow me here pal....getting streaks, leveling weapons quickly and generally "sucking less" the xp will come all by it's lonesome regardless of the mode. I would hope this is the ends the topic poster is looking for.
Golden Gun-
3 kill streak-25
5 gg kill streak-50
10 streak-150
Match win 75 xp.
400 xp in a short match. Now thats best case as you had mentioned but its still more xp and a lot quicker than any BBox game. This probably won't happen which means more kills, streaks and xp for everyone and a lot more for the winner.
Take it all in. Think before you respond with silly attacks that really aren't needed. See now...you got me all defensive.

I do apologize, I really wasn't attempting to 'attack' you and I'm sorry that I posted anything that could be interpreted as such. I think your posting is a little misguided, that you DO understand this game, and you're just failing to see what would constitute useful advice. Please don't take this the wrong way.

I just really don't get advice along the lines of "suck less." It's like trying to teach someone how to drive stick shift (or any other mechanical task) and not explaining the mechanisms in play, just sitting in the passenger seat and screaming the words "SUCK LESS" whenever they kill the engine. They're never going to learn it that way and you'd look pretty foolish.

I actually find it incredibly insulting to Blackecho to assume that his main misconception with the game is that he's dying when he should be killing or something. That seems to be the failure mode you're implying with the advice of "suck less". He literally doesn't know that streaks give extra XP and he's suiciding after every 2 kills.

Hey Blackecho, just go on 10-streaks, did that ever occur to you? Oh, you know that there's XP for getting a 10 streak? Just go on a 10-streak. Now, I do this regularly and I'm not going to bother posting any tips on actually achieving a 10-streak like don't chase an injured opponent, reverse directions frequently, try to get 1 shot on a scoped opponent to knock them out of it before running, etc. I'm just going to say "go on 10-streaks" and assume that you a) know how to do that already and b) have not yet figured out that this is a good avenue to gain XP.

There's a legitimate discussion on which playlist to choose, but the main tradeoffs have been enunciated (individual games have higher bonus for first but lower EV for second and worse, time spent in a match is just as important as average XP, etc.) and Blackecho has the requisite tools to determine what playlist he's most profitable in. Given the ridiculous amount of caveats you attached to your own analysis of the GG game, I don't see how that's a useful analysis though. It's really only worth discussing aggregate trends, not theoretical maximums. E.g. "Black box games go fast. Conflict games have more streaks."

Golden Gun-
3 kill streak-25
5 gg kill streak-50
10 streak-150
Match win 75 xp.

I do apologize, I really wasn't attempting to 'attack' you and I'm sorry that I posted anything that could be interpreted as such. I think your posting is a little misguided, that you DO understand this game, and you're just failing to see what would constitute useful advice. Please don't take this the wrong way.

I just really don't get advice along the lines of "suck less." It's like trying to teach someone how to drive stick shift (or any other mechanical task) and not explaining the mechanisms in play, just sitting in the passenger seat and screaming the words "SUCK LESS" whenever they kill the engine. They're never going to learn it that way and you'd look pretty foolish.

I actually find it incredibly insulting to Blackecho to assume that his main misconception with the game is that he's dying when he should be killing or something. That seems to be the failure mode you're implying with the advice of "suck less". He literally doesn't know that streaks give extra XP and he's suiciding after every 2 kills.

Hey Blackecho, just go on 10-streaks, did that ever occur to you? Oh, you know that there's XP for getting a 10 streak? Just go on a 10-streak. Now, I do this regularly and I'm not going to bother posting any tips on actually achieving a 10-streak like don't chase an injured opponent, reverse directions frequently, try to get 1 shot on a scoped opponent to knock them out of it before running, etc. I'm just going to say "go on 10-streaks" and assume that you a) know how to do that already and b) have not yet figured out that this is a good avenue to gain XP.

There's a legitimate discussion on which playlist to choose, but the main tradeoffs have been enunciated (individual games have higher bonus for first but lower EV for second and worse, time spent in a match is just as important as average XP, etc.) and Blackecho has the requisite tools to determine what playlist he's most profitable in. Given the ridiculous amount of caveats you attached to your own analysis of the GG game, I don't see how that's a useful analysis though. It's really only worth discussing aggregate trends, not theoretical maximums. E.g. "Black box games go fast. Conflict games have more streaks."

Dude. Suck less were your words. I was making fun of you. You have twisted this into some sort of chest beating contest. I was simply trying give some advice on what to shoot for. He wanted to know how to earn xp. I gave him some things to think about. Dying less does not imply that he dies too much, only that maybe he should be cautious running into fire fights as that can kill a streak real fast. Nice essay by the way...

Golden Gun-
3 kill streak-25
5 gg kill streak-50
10 streak-150
Match win 75 xp.

Dude. Suck less were your words. I was making fun of you. You have twisted this into some sort of chest beating contest. I was simply trying give some advice on what to shoot for. He wanted to know how to earn xp. I gave him some things to think about. Dying less does not imply that he dies too much, only that maybe he should be cautious running into fire fights as that can kill a streak real fast. Nice essay by the way...

They were my words characterizing your previous attempts at advice. I, too, am capable of following a discussion. You actually managed to give some good advice here instead of a worthless platitude, although couched in baseless attacks on me and attempts to cast me as the aggressor. Thanks!

LOL - this was AWESOME! Thanks for the entertainment Jawn and Succthis. And Ethan - I know you're young so I won't argue the point that I actually AM the boss of you. ;)

@Jawn....lmao. You are a great debatir and twister of words and also very one minded. Succthis was just giving good advise. I to gain most my xp in conflict and heroes. About the same as succthis 800-1400xp. Played conflict exclusively till I got to level 30 and did it very fast. PS, I almost fall asleep everytime you write a novel. You are good with words but are abvioisly not any good at GE.

I like how the one guy used 300 xp as the basis for deadeye players. If I get 300 xp in a match I failed miserably. 600 - 700 xp is the lowest I get usually.

Heroes mode is the best for xp, unless you Black Box farm, but I'm sure nobody here knows what that means judging by the lack of gameplay knowledge that I've read so far.

Achieving all the weapons and combat proficiencies (injury to insult/insult to injury, etc.) is a great way to boost your XPs, too. Wait...is this conversation over? The advice: "Suck Less" is actually really motivational. I'm constantly telling myself that, all throughout the day.

Seriously...has anyone ever gotten "Most Reloads"? I've been in rounds where everyone left but me...and I start poppin' off rounds like crazy...and still nothin'.

Dok sobrave...I believe you've killed me in the past...

I simply don't believe "most reloads" is possible at this point...or the "Improvise" accolade.

And what about expansion packs? Are we ever going to get new areas to play? It can't be that hard, right?

FC 5342 7874 1364

Back