Gears of War is Overrated...

I beg to differ... Have you ever actually tried playing the game?

Sovieto said:
i was more or less giving my def. of hardcore, but i did state that hardcore means different things elsewhere (ex: nintendo's hardcore games)
nintendo gamer i just dont liek him cause hes a fanboy
and gow is nothing like unreal or halo! you must not have played GoW or have a very dim light over shooters, because halo and unreal are all about getting in there running around and killing super fast, gow is actually like real life where you use guriella warfare, (until you meet up then its who can stay the most calm with a shotgun)

Umm i don't think you could be anymore wrong.... unreal or halo are about planning, and tactfully capturing the flag, or killing the enemy. you don't just try and do it as fast as you can. and umm since when did the U.S.A use Guerrilla warfare? thats nothing like real life at all.... and if you don't know what Guerrilla warfare is, its when a small group of people usually ambush, or preform a surprise attack on a larger enemy, and moving them into an area more suited for them to combat them. how about you actually know what your talking about next time....

Spiderking13 said:
Umm i don't think you could be anymore wrong.... unreal or halo are about planning, and tactfully capturing the flag, or killing the enemy. you don't just try and do it as fast as you can. and umm since when did the U.S.A use Guerrilla warfare? thats nothing like real life at all.... and if you don't know what Guerrilla warfare is, its when a small group of people usually ambush, or preform a surprise attack on a larger enemy, and moving them into an area more suited for them to combat them. how about you actually know what your talking about next time....
okay mr. unreal is the farthest thing from tactical, its all about circle strafing :lol:
halo is somewhat tactical
and yah...what you described is what they do for the USA forces, why do you think there is such few soldiers in iraq,(but when did i mentioned usa) i did misuse guirella warfare, just the wrong name, but still more life like nontheless

so my good sir, i suggest you stop posting on wiichat, and go play some of the games you describe and come back to me

Last edited:
Whatever i actually have a life and stuff and shouldn't really be bothered with arguing over the interenet like you guy's, so just go ahead and believe what you want, and have fun.

come on u just hate microsoft im a wii fan but u r all just sad because microsoft brought out a good game

p.s ( i dont like microsoft)

one more post. i actually do like Microsoft very much. i just don't think GoW is really that great of game. there are plenty of other shooters i would rather play before it.

Spiderking13 said:
Whatever i actually have a life and stuff and shouldn't really be bothered with arguing over the interenet like you guy's, so just go ahead and believe what you want, and have fun.
yah what? PWNT. :devil: :prrr:
its what forums are so your little "i have a life im to cool to do something i signed up for" dosent work, you really have no life you go on forums to tell peopl e they have no life

Well, back on topic, I liked GoW just as I like Halo. But to me they are just shooters. Halo is more to me about memorizing a map and pixel searching with the sniper rifle. GoW co-op with friends is much more fun. I like the hiding behind stuff, the slower gameplay. Halo is more run and gun, no matter how much you say it isn't. Maybe its just cuz you can roll in that game. I like rolling *cough* zelda.

Idont think its over rated. but in my opinon the game play is not the greatest. the worst thing about the game to me is. when your behind some thing u can just get off it you have to choose to go to the left or the right i want to no if u can just press a buton and get off of that selected object can any one help me on that?

.:shippuuden:. said:
Idont think its over rated. but in my opinon the game play is not the greatest. the worst thing about the game to me is. when your behind some thing u can just get off it you have to choose to go to the left or the right i want to no if u can just press a buton and get off of that selected object can any one help me on that?
opposite direction you got on, like if its infront of you and you get on it, just pull back on the walking stick and youll get off of it xD

Yeah, well my chainsaw bayonet will chop your Wii off! I'm sorry, I just had to get that really bad pun off my chest.

Gears of War is one of the best heart pumping games I've played. Don't take my opinion for gospel as I don't play that many games because I'm not that great at them. If you want realism though I think the Tom Clancy games are your best bet.

Sovieto said:
yah what? PWNT. :devil: :prrr:
its what forums are so your little "i have a life im to cool to do something i signed up for" dosent work, you really have no life you go on forums to tell peopl e they have no life

ya and your an idiot with an opinion that means sqwat.

Back