Honestly Ps3 vs 360 vs Wii

OK since we're on the whole stupid ps3 thing, I thought that this console would have awesome graphics, boy was I disappointed when I actually saw some game-play, I wasn't going to buy it anyways. I am only getting a Wii, 360 super sucks, and ps3 is nowhere near worth the price, a lot of the movies and screens you see from ps3 are actually CGI movies, NOT GAME-PLAY. MGS4 hasn't had an actual game-play screens yet, and that heavenly sword Sony is trying to push down our throats is nowhere near what a $600 console should be creating, and the $500 ps3 is so knocked down is senseless. Also where is anything new in the ps3, I see nothing new, just upgraded graphics and the blue-ray which will probably fail just like their beta tape player and the games don't need that much storage, they will never use that space unless they are just trying to fill the disc and not care about the game, thats the same for movies. The Wii is the only console this time around with something actually new, then Sony tried to copy it but failed since they didn't come up with the idea they don't know how to use it, and don't say they didn't add motion sensitivity because of the Wii, that tech was out before the ps3 even went into development. There are mice for pc that have this tech, not used well on pc like on the Wii though. As for the Wii not being par for graphics, to tell you the truth in game you will most likely not notice the slight difference unless the game sucks so bad the graphics are the only redeeming part. I have a ps2 never thought of buying a gamecube but there were games I wish I could have gotten because, Nintendo makes the best games, end of story, they focus on quality not advertising crap to make us buy into what they want us to (Sony). I used to like Sony till lately when all their tech is becoming crap, I have a clie, pretty good, light is broke though because Sony didn't do enough quality control and would not cover fixing it, still don't know why the damn ps2 never picks up my new dvd player driver from Sony all the time other than Sony just didn't take the time to test it out. the only reason Sony has won previous console wars is third party exclusive support, but with the high price of the Sony development most companies are now turning to the Wii since the costs are so much less. Also Sony has made everything harder than it has to be in the past and I doubt they are changing now. end of ramblings

Last edited:
the wii will win. first of all nintendo is doing something new and not the same old crap that the x box 360 and the ps3. It has a new controler that makes interact with the game and feel like you are really there playing it. second of all the ps3 may have better graphics but in wii you have more fun and if you are a true gamer that is what matters. And third and last the nintendo is being smart by not putting very expensive consoles or games.

Wii will come first, then Xbox 360, then PS3.
And seriously, in my opinion, this is the last PS we will see. Sony has only made error with his last console, and I believe that the biggest one is the price.
First, they only made bad Press conf, announcements and marketing plans for the PS3. Second, they have TONS of problems with the Blue-Ray and some other things as well like the Sensor in the Controller. Because of it, they had to remove the Rumble! Ahah, way to go. Anyway...Third, Nintendo is completly Killing them ''if'' They do release their console in early October.
Last but not least, the PRICE! 700$ Bucks for a console is simply crazy. Imagine your a parent, and you want to buy a console for your son for X-mas. You go shop and see a Wii at 250$ with some funny gameplay, and you see a PS3 at 700$$$...Well, thats without the games too, adds 2-3 games with that and the choice is pretty easy.

Yeah, and your not even including taxes. PS3 will cost another $100 atleast when that's considered and if the games sell for $60 a piece, like some Xbox 360 games (which they seriously need to stop pricing them at), were talking about $1000 for PS3+games and it's not that much better in terms of graphics than the Xbox 360.

Yeah I heard that PS3 will be $1000 and some kids at the EB store looked really disappointed about the price. Obviously they wanted the PS3 but could not afford it or thought the price was sony's way of asking too much of us to buy their stuff.

IMO, sony's stuff have always been mediocre compared to many other companies. Sony walkmans, sony mp3 players (iPOD beat sony's share of the music industry), sony computers etc and sony ps#.

Finally! A fresh start in experiencing video games. I was already getting sick of the double joystick config that are the norm with many FPS esp on XBOX. And the carbon copy games that follow from the first launch games that came out on the XBOX and PS2 etc and some from GC.
Reminds me of the time when N64 came out in 1995. Everyone was looking forward to the joystick control in 3D worlds for the first time :p

Wii costs: <$250 +taxes when comes out, $100 on games

linkzeldagame said:
I was already getting sick of the double joystick config that are the norm with many FPS esp on XBOX.
I actually think the dual joystick layout is the best for all game genres, from racing to platformers. The only place where it falls short is in FPSs. Keyboard/mouse is the best for FPSs and perhaps MMORPGs, but that's about it.

So, the wiimote/nunchuk combo combines the keybord/mouse pin-point accuracy with the variable-movement joystick and adds in an accelerometer to create what will most likely be the definitive control scheme of the "new generation" as Nintendo would say.

Winners

PS3 = Graphics:zzz:
Xbox 360 = Nothing :lol:
Will = Gaming Experince and involvement:)

So if you just care about graphics get a PS3 but if you prefer orite graphics and great games get the Wii and if you are mentally ill and have severe concussion get a 360.

I know loads will disagree but who cares

RhythmGen said:
Like I can see with the Playstations that it is viewed as a cheap way of getting a new media player (since ps2's were cheap DVD players and the PS3 is a cheap blu ray player) but honestly it is irrelevant to gaming. Honestly, I think the playstation has some quite good games for it, but the price is just stupid, cutting technology would not affect those good games. For the Xbox... okay my non-serious, anti-xbox answer is that its for people without friends, that's why so few games have splitscreen multiplayer and it's all online, but seriously, it lacks good games, especially exclusive good games. Maybe I will get a playstation when the price drops and when the 2nd version comes out, or an xbox if the releases pick up, but the only console you can be confident that it will be affordable, non-buggy, with enough solid games released is the wii.

i thought that at first too but now it's getting good games here's a list

1.mass effect, video here http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/718/718963/vids_1.html
2.bioshock, game of the show award at e3
3. gears of war, video here http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747891/vids_1.html
4.too human, video here http://media.xbox.gamespy.com/media/748/748783/vids_1.html

those are 4 games that are supposed to be really good for the xbox 360

too many people think the xbox 360 is stupid just because they have a one track mind and its on the wii. the wii is the coolest out of the three but that doesnt mean that the others royally suck ass... The wii is innovative and even though it has less graphical capabiities, it has fun looking games. The Xbox 360 has great graphics and games like Halo3, Gears of War, And Elder scrolls: Olivion. PS3 ... well ... erm ... the ps3 has stunning beauty ... for 600 dollars, and if you want to take that risk of relying on new hardwarre like Blu-ray then go ahead...

Back