How did you get/find Your Wii?

I found one on eBay that was used and had 2 Wiimmotes, HD cables and Madden for $300 ($325 shipped). I got it January of this year.

Got it form Walmart when I had school break. It was in the morning and there was 9 left.

Got mine before christmas 2006 on ebay and got ripped off i paid £300.
But im still happy and playing my wii all the time:smilewinkgrin:

a supervisor at one of the targets in my area let me know that they were going to get a certain number in and start selling on a sunday. got up and was in line at 4 in the morning. was like 3rd in line. there was a mcdonalds in the parking lot that was open. so it was all good. cold as %$#% though

I got mine but actually intended to buy it for my mom to "play" with it so that she can move abit here and there.

Cost me SGD 659.00 (with 1 remote) 1 Wii Sport and 2 free games.

p/s: Ya mine is a US set

pro gamer said:
I have a story too.

We were looking for a wii but they are always sold out. I looked for about a month then I just quit.We went to a store that is right next to Gamestop.
Then my mom said "check if they have a wii". I thought it was pointless But I went to check. They had one more in stock! So I asked my mom if we could get it and she said yes. I was so happy that day.
:wtf: u looked for a month and gave up!?! omg lol well heres my fully tiering story,
i decieded i wanted a wii for cristmas so mum took me down to big w and we walked in and said to the ppl behind the entertainment section counter, we want a wii. they went out the back and grabed a box for me, forked out the 400 bucks and i was a happy chappy.

Well, after trying since the beginning of December (2006), we weren't able to find any. We went to stores all the time. Went to gamestop, etc, and was lied to a bunch of times, "Oh, yah; Getting some tomorrow." Oh, they're not here. K.:wtf:

Well, eventually on Dec. 17th we decide we're going to do an all nighter. We find out Target is getting them in. So, I say we go start waiting outside of the store at 5pm the day before. My mom argues with me about it, and doesn't want to wait that long. She thinks that we'll be fine if we just leave at 2am. I actually wanted to start before 5pm, but thinking now; That would have been stupid.

Well, I win, and we go early. We walk around the store a bit, grab some munchies, and set up our chairs. Directly after that, someone comes. We're worried, as they sit down right in front of us. No worries, though. Someone that works there comes out, and sets us up behind a sign. We're first in line still! Come to find out later, it was a distant cousin. So, we got to sit next to family.

During the night, there was freezing rain, and annoying kids. These kids kept running around, and acting like jackasses. My mom had to go to work at 2am, so I was alone until around 6am. She picked me up some food beforehand. We had warm clothes, and umbrellas, though; So we were covered, Literally. lol

It was so great knowing you were first in line. Seeing all these jackasses coming in at 5am, thinking they beat the rush; Then, seeing us. Hehehehe. Turn around, and go home. I finally got to know what the people seeing us come up around the corner felt like. After all those let downs, we finally are assured one. If you want it, you have to work for it.

15hours later, we get our ticket. There must have been at least 100 in line, and only 20vouchers. The family we had met pissed some people off, as a friend she had brought who hadn't planned on getting one, took a ticket. So, someone who thought they had one, didn't get it.

We also ran into someone who we had seen try to get the Wii as much as us. They laughed when they saw us. "You again!? :O "

We go in, and get the wii, Twilight Princess, and Rayman. They don't have any extra remotes, so we go to Best Buy. We run in, and some guy picks up the last 3remotes right in front of us. So, we run to Toys 'R' Us, and the same damn thing happens. We were so pissed. So, we finally go to Circuit City, and they have remotes/nunchucks in. They also have consoles in. We could have actually slept at home, and ran there in the morning if we wanted to. Whaa?
Also picked up a glove, and SD card.

It was originally a Christmas thing, but we just opened it up when we got home.

/End.

I asked my Dad for one for Xmas(yes Im 26 but hey dont judge me) and my Dad walked into Walmart one day and there was just one in the store and he bought it. He got lucky in finding one during the Xmas season.

I bought mine used off a guy who happened to be selling it on eBay but lived near me. I did the math and got a deal considering the extras he had.

I've been happy as a clam.

Luck...or being in the right store at the right time.

A couple months ago we decided we were serious about getting a Wii, so I started checking at the local stores - Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart. One morning I called Target right after they'd opened, asking if they'd gotten any Wii's in, and she said they had. I high-tailed it across town with fingers and toes crossed that they'd still have some left by the time I got there. Sure enough, there was 1 in the display case and I asked the electronics employee if I could get 2 (my 60-year-old parents wanted one...which I still find funny!). He radioed to someone in the stock room to bring up some more, so I was able to get 2 Wii's. This was about 2 weeks after we decided we wanted one, so I figure I did pretty good.

We've since picked up 3 more for other family and friends...my husband stood in line at Circuit City for one for his sister, but the other 2 I just happened to be in Wal-Mart at the right time when they got them in. Of course it helps that I don't work outside the home and am able to get to the stores at opening time after I drop my older daughter off at school.

Well i went to Midnight at 12:00 and stood in line they had 10 wiis for sale and i thought i was number 10 but wait someone int he front bought TWO so i ended up fighting a fat guy for his, It was a epic battle we went from the clothing department all the way to can food and back to the bikes it was epic but in the end i was able to crush him with a mini fridge in the home appliance section, After that i prived my wii from his cold dead hands

That realy didnt happen im just realy bored right now lol I got mine for x-mas lol

PrinceLink said:
Well i went to Midnight at 12:00 and stood in line they had 10 wiis for sale and i thought i was number 10 but wait someone int he front bought TWO so i ended up fighting a fat guy for his, It was a epic battle we went from the clothing department all the way to can food and back to the bikes it was epic but in the end i was able to crush him with a mini fridge in the home appliance section, After that i prived my wii from his cold dead hands

That realy didnt happen im just realy bored right now lol I got mine for x-mas lol

I eould LOVE to see that though.........................................................................................................................................

Back