How did you get/find Your Wii?

nice I bought 2 Wiis in Nov 2006, and I kept one and sold the other for about $700 and then in Nov of 2007 I bought 2 again and kept one and sold other for $750 and since I had 2 I just kept the newer one and sold the 3rd Wii for about $880 ( idiot actually bought it for $880-LOL)

I went to Wal-Mart to buy some movies for the store that I work for. Just by chance I happened to check out what Wii games they had for sale...just browsing. I looked down and saw two boxes in the cabinet! One guy before me asked for one, and before anyone could ask for the other one, I jumped in and asked the lady for the last one. She had told me they had just gotten the shipment of 7 in that day, and I was buying the last one! What luck that was. lol

got mine the day it released at walmart at 12 am. we called every walmart within like 45 minutes of us and one about 30 minutes away still had 7 spots to sit and wait till midnight.

so we got in our car and headed up there (doing about 90) and we made it. i was so happy to have a wii from day 1. still play it almost everyday and i just had to dissect it to get it to play smash brothers.

Tracks said:
when i got mine target got 10 in, i bought 5 with 5 diffrent credit cards, sold each for 500 on craigslist. alot of people hate me for doing it but w/e gotta get money however i can.
nah in fact when my mom said there were two wiis i keep thinking that i should've had her buy two of them instead. It would've saved me some money after blowing my first two paychecks on the wii.:lol:

What I did...

I contacted GameStop as a unanimous caller to find out when their next shipment would come in, so that I could just walk in just at the right time to grab a Wii before it hit the shelf. They did not give me this information.

I took it a bit further and decided to infiltrate the store a few hours after closing, and I avoided the moving cameras by moving under a cardboard box. I went to the vault where they kept all of their documents and records of transaction and found the order confirmation of a shipment of a lousy 10 Wiis.

I obtained the tracking number for the UPS delivery, and looked it up online. The delivery truck was in Oklahoma City on the road to it's destination: Austin, Texas. I waited several hours along the highway it would have to drive on to reach Austin, Texas...INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 35.

I saw the first UPS truck and KNEW that it was the one carrying the Wiis. I chased it as fast as I could, but got stuck in traffic after it took it's exit. By the time I got to the store where it was dropping off the shipment of Wiis, I was 7.896 seconds late and they were all already sold out....I did not get my Wii that time...but I will try again with a better plan.:mad2:

I was begging my mom for a wii for christmas, then when I saw Amazon had some in stock, I told her to buy one. A couple days later, I log onto her account (without her knowing) and in Recent Orders it says Wii. :D

First off this is different than "i got a wii thread".

Ok now that we got that out of the way, anyone have any interesting stories on how you got your wii? Pay a ridiculous amount or get incredibly lucky?

For me my mom was looking for phones or something at Best Buy so she walked through the games isle and amazingly there happened to lie two wii's, so she got me one. Some Insane amount of Luck is why i'm here fortunately or unfortunately if you don't like me for some reason lol!

What's your story?

Wait until you hear my story lol!!!!

Well I bought a wii when it first came out back in 2005. I had it for 8 months. I got bored of it because there wasn't much games for it back then. (i'm not patient lol) so i traded it in for a 360. I had a 360 for 6 months until it gave me problems so i traded it in for a ps3. I had a ps3 but there is no game that i care for. 2 months later i traded the ps3 in for a xbox 360 elite. so i had elite for 4 months until MGS 4 came out so I wanted to play that really bad. so i had a ps3 again (80GB bundle pack) for 4 months until finally I got bored of ps3 and 360 for the last time. I traded the 360 elite and ps3 in for a Nintendo Wii. So this is actually my second wii lol. This time I plan on keeping it. You probably think I'm crazy, but this is a true story and I went through each console twice. I'm done with sony, and I might buy xbox 720 when it comes out, but I do know that I'm staying a nintendo fan forever. So theres my story. SEE THIS IS WHY I WISH THEY WOULD MAKE A CONSOLE THAT PLAYS ALL GAMES! and I'm not a fanboy, but the wii is the best out of them all. It has the best games and its not annoying online. I only liked ps3 for mgs 4 after I beat it, ps3 was useless to me. and trust me lbp was a flop. and 360 is great, but the paying for online was annoying.

Back