im planning on gettin a 360 but im not sure

get one, you will get a console that has great grafics great games and great online. i got a 360 this christmas, i was originally planing on getting a wii bet changed my mind a decided on waiting till spring for the new one and meanwhile to satisfy my gaming need's i bought a 360. lets face it, most of the whole 360 line of games are awsome

get it! DONT HESITATE! i dont know how i went without one for so long, once you get one you wont regret it ever and youll probably be addicted if you get online

Go get one i got my partner one on release day and he continually plays it.
got him the force feedback steering wheel for it for xmas.
he loves his 360 best buy in a long time.

Well worth getting. The games are superb, there's many more promising titles on the way, and with Xbox Live, Microsoft have shown everyone how online console gaming should be done.

NintendoGamer said:
Sovieto, why havent you moved to a 360 forum yet?
cause i like this forum, its hard to get status and feel that you "fit in" to already established forums, and i do belong to a gow forum =]

I suppose this would be a good place to ask a similar question as I am new here and do not want to make my own thread.

I am confused on what I should get as my first console of this generation. Tomorrow I will have the funds available to get a Wii or I could wait two weeks and get an Xbox 360, OR I could wait a month or so and get a PS3.

I guess I feel like a Wii would be fun but it seems like there isn't very much software there yet to truly take advantage of the Wii's unique control scheme. I do have Xbox Live and an HDTV so a 360 would be nice and it does have a wonderful selection of games. However, there are some PS3 games I am looking forward to and both Silent Hill 5 and Metal Gear Solid 4 have not yet announced whether or not they will be on the 360. Anyone care to share their opinions? That would be great, thanks.

By the way, I still am leaning towards the Wii (just a little more). It is so cheap!

n3gative3 said:
I suppose this would be a good place to ask a similar question as I am new here and do not want to make my own thread.

I am confused on what I should get as my first console of this generation. Tomorrow I will have the funds available to get a Wii or I could wait two weeks and get an Xbox 360, OR I could wait a month or so and get a PS3.

I guess I feel like a Wii would be fun but it seems like there isn't very much software there yet to truly take advantage of the Wii's unique control scheme. I do have Xbox Live and an HDTV so a 360 would be nice and it does have a wonderful selection of games. However, there are some PS3 games I am looking forward to and both Silent Hill 5 and Metal Gear Solid 4 have not yet announced whether or not they will be on the 360. Anyone care to share their opinions? That would be great, thanks.

By the way, I still am leaning towards the Wii (just a little more). It is so cheap!
well for starters 360 and ps3 both give you more bang for your buck (bigger value) hdtv goes awesome with 360 and if your a hardcorish gamer then you should go with 360, plus there are super awesome titles spanning all genres out already so they got whatever your interested in, plus im sure you have plenty of buddies to play on xbox live with <--great service, + you can rent HD movies off of xbox live
wii provides more fun if you like to game with friends most of the time, its more revolved around that and not so much hardcore, but dose have promising titles in the future, but getting one now only gives you trills for so long because of the lack of games (so if your planning on getting more nex gen consoles in the future, this should be your second choice)
ps3 dosent have the great software but also promises to deliver with great titles right around the bend, cool psp support if you have one and solid features such as a blu ray player for your hd needs, all though a lot of it is a bit weak right now, in time it will bloom into what its meant to be, a hardcore all in 1 entertainment system, and if you cant already, im sure it will implenent all the features xbox live offers you sooner or later (such as renting hd movies and what not) but it probably wont get as good as xbox live overall :thumbsup:

hope i could help

Thanks for your insight, I appreciate it. Yeah, my initial thought was always the 360 but sometimes I get in this mood to play those kiddy games that come with any Nintendo system. The only games I have for my GC are Nintendo exclusives like Mario Kart DD, SSB:M, and Metroid Prime.
The TVs in Best Buy really don't do either 360 or PS3 justice because they always have tons of jaggies and they shouldn't. I did see Dead Rising on my friend's 60" HDTV and was blown away.
I would consider myself a hardcore gamer and I believe you are right about maybe getting the Wii second. My only real problem with the Wii is the fact that many of the games seem so... mini game-ish like pretty much all the games on the DS. It is sad that that is the way they are going because it is really limited in scope. Sure, it is fun but if you don't happen to have friends to come over and play all of the time because they have jobs and lives, it is difficult. Now if I were 9 or 10 again then sure, that would be awesome. Back then it was all about Goldeneye, ha.

n3gative3 said:
Thanks for your insight, I appreciate it. Yeah, my initial thought was always the 360 but sometimes I get in this mood to play those kiddy games that come with any Nintendo system. The only games I have for my GC are Nintendo exclusives like Mario Kart DD, SSB:M, and Metroid Prime.
The TVs in Best Buy really don't do either 360 or PS3 justice because they always have tons of jaggies and they shouldn't. I did see Dead Rising on my friend's 60" HDTV and was blown away.
I would consider myself a hardcore gamer and I believe you are right about maybe getting the Wii second. My only real problem with the Wii is the fact that many of the games seem so... mini game-ish like pretty much all the games on the DS. It is sad that that is the way they are going because it is really limited in scope. Sure, it is fun but if you don't happen to have friends to come over and play all of the time because they have jobs and lives, it is difficult. Now if I were 9 or 10 again then sure, that would be awesome. Back then it was all about Goldeneye, ha.
it will get more fleshed out games in time, ds started off mini games but not so mayn anymore

Well I think everyone can agree that the Wii needs a game that takes advantage of the full motion not just swiping left and your character does a half a$$ed swiped to the left. Sure, it may require more extensive programming to say, swing a lightsaber whichever way you want and the character would have the same reaction on the screen. Once the games become more immersive it could get interesting indeed.
I still really can't decide because I have some sense of loyalty with Nintedo because they have always been so great with their products. I'm just wondering if they lost their touch with the core gaming audience. Maybe people just grew up too much.

wait for the 360 v 2.0 thats what im doing they say its speculation but with Microsoft that means yes

dds said:
wait for the 360 v 2.0 thats what im doing they say its speculation but with Microsoft that means yes

Oh, you mean the one with the alleged HDMI port in it and a larger HD? I may, but I really think I want a Wii first... been pondering it all day. I know I will eventually get the other consoles, well at least an Xbox 360.

Sovieto said:
well for starters 360 and ps3 both give you more bang for your buck (bigger value) hdtv goes awesome with 360 and if your a hardcorish gamer then you should go with 360, plus there are super awesome titles spanning all genres out already so they got whatever your interested in, plus im sure you have plenty of buddies to play on xbox live with <--great service, + you can rent HD movies off of xbox live
wii provides more fun if you like to game with friends most of the time, its more revolved around that and not so much hardcore, but dose have promising titles in the future, but getting one now only gives you trills for so long because of the lack of games (so if your planning on getting more nex gen consoles in the future, this should be your second choice)
ps3 dosent have the great software but also promises to deliver with great titles right around the bend, cool psp support if you have one and solid features such as a blu ray player for your hd needs, all though a lot of it is a bit weak right now, in time it will bloom into what its meant to be, a hardcore all in 1 entertainment system, and if you cant already, im sure it will implenent all the features xbox live offers you sooner or later (such as renting hd movies and what not) but it probably wont get as good as xbox live overall :thumbsup:

hope i could help

HOLD THE PHONE! you can rent movies! sweet! i thought you could buy them aswell? but are there any other cool xbox 360 features?

Back