is the ps3 really that good

Thechickenman27 said:
I have heard of the new titles but they keep on getting delayed or they go multiplatform. If they go multiplatform then whats the point of even buying a ps3, I could have bought a 360 4 200$ cheaper

.... lol are you serious?

Example: The darkness, great looking game, multiplatform for the 360 and ps3. Why get it on the ps3? Blue Ray allowed the developers to put more content on the PS3 version. If you had to choose between a game that had more content and one that did not, if they were supposed to be the same thing, which one would you want? Just because a game is multiplatform doesnt mean it wont be better on another system. Also, multiplatform games has online capabilities. You have two options, pay for the 360s xbox live, or play it free on the PS3. I wouldnt use money as an argument since that 200$ less console will end up being more than $599 when you are done with all the services and addons you need.

You do also realize that multiplatform games go multiplatform to make more money? Games like GTA cost way too much to make, Sony and Microsoft both understand the reason for wanting to be multiplatform. Keeping exclusives means paying off that loss they would have from going multi. The PS3 has the upper hand when multiplatform games actually use the capabilities of the PS3. WHich we are starting to see.

I agree with, Dblpr. They fired Ken Kutaragi. Imagine if Nintendo fired Shigeru Miyamoto? Ken put the Playstation on the map. When he starts telling Phil Harrison to get realistic, he gets fired. Unless they can find someone to fill Ken's shoes they are toast. Microsoft has Bill Gates, Nintendo has Miyamoto, and Sony has no one(Phil, Kaz, and Howard don't count).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Kutaragi

sagema said:
I agree with, Dblpr. They fired Ken Kutaragi. Imagine if Nintendo fired Shigeru Miyamoto? Ken put the Playstation on the map. When he starts telling Phil Harrison to get realistic, he gets fired.

Thats kind of funny, because last time I checked, he RETIRED. You dont know what happened, dont assume you do. He said he retired, thats all we have to go on.

I do not feel Ken Kutaragi is even close to being on the same level of Shingeru Myamoto. Right now, it is almost as Myamoto has been fired. They do not take him seriously anymore, they treat him like a figure head, an image, but no one with any real power. Like the Emporer in Japan, he exists mainly for looks sake.

This happened back when they switched CEO's and the power struggle that took place put myamoto in the back seat. He cant say " i have a great game I wan to make" and garantee to have it made anymore. He is not nintendo anymore. He "was" as in past tense, but present nintendo is very different than the nintendo of the past.

Unless they can find someone to fill Ken's shoes they are toast. Microsoft has Bill Gates, Nintendo has Miyamoto, and Sony has no one(Phil, Kaz, and Howard don't count).

Thats one of the most stupid things I have heard you say.

as a console it stumbled a bit due to the price and game line-up on the release day.but so far its has started to gain its momentum again with re-released games thru the PS online store and upcoming new games.BUT as an overall system it has done a really good job with playing movies and more features that has yet to be exploited ;)

^^loving that sig man :)

Shift how can you at all claim to be a Sony fan, and bad mouth the guy who made the PS1-2? He also worked on the PS3. So by your contradicting logic the PS3 will fail because Ken Kutaragi is no genious. I guess you didn't read the news articles, it says he was forced out. Get the facts. Miyamoto designed a large chunk of the Wii. You have no clue at all what you are talking about. I'd say get a brain, but you were lacking that day 1.

sagema said:
Shift how can you at all claim to be a Sony fan, and bad mouth the guy who made the PS1-2? He also worked on the PS3. So by your contradicting logic the PS3 will fail because Ken Kutaragi is no genious. I guess you didn't read the news articles, it says he was forced out. Get the facts. Miyamoto designed a large chunk of the Wii. You have no clue at all what you are talking about. I'd say get a brain, but you were lacking that day 1.

I dont claim to be any fan. lol dude havent you been paying attention since I have joined? I dont go where the company goes, I go where the good product goes. Im tired of telling you this, because you must have some sort of memory loss disorder.

I am also not bad mouthing kutaragi, I am saying idiots like yourself seem to think that one man makes the product, that everything is linked to one person. Sorry bub, thats not how companies work champ. He played a role in it, a big role, but you cant say he is responsible for everything. He has done a lot of good, but because he has not done it all, also means he is not responsible for a lot of the bad as well.

I mean, for everly law that is passed in the USA, do you think the president is behind it? lol, a company is much run like a political party in office. One is a figure head, but there are is also congress, courts...ect that change the country, not just one man. There was a balance of power in Sony, it happens all the time in big corporations, it even happened in nintendo with yamauchi's retirement, and with a lot of pressure from stock holders this is also no suprise. Kutaragi retired. Thats the official world, and he even admitted there are things hes been wanting to do for awhile and nows his chance.

So, who do you want me to believe, a false source of information (wikipedia) or Mr. Kutaragi himself? Geeze yer smert lol. I will go with the official source over your fanboy ravings anyday.

lol, you get funnier every time I read a post by you. What was it bill cosby said, oh yeah "kids say the darndest things".

:lol:

Good one Shift. It took you 5 pages to counter a few lines of text. Such a kid.

sagema said:
Good one Shift. It took you 5 pages to counter a few lines of text. Such a kid.

lol if you consider 300 words comparible to 5 pages, i dont think you should be calling anyone a kid except yourself.

:wink:

haha. check mate right there. anyways, got me a ps3 today and its been rockin'! if i didn't have re4 wii edition, my wii days would have been over!

okay since someone is being a douche, i've edited this post. sorry for the double post.

Last edited:
arcticreaver said:
check mate!
damn didnt mean to double post! sorry!
............this is the most pointless post ever..."check mate!"? then sorry double post?! you didnt even edit it to say that, you couldve easily pressed BACK.

It didn't live to the hype. The only thing going for the PS3 right now is the release of their new online community, Home.

Jenslin said:
It didn't live to the hype. The only thing going for the PS3 right now is the release of their new online community, Home.

how did it not live up to the hype? also how can you tell if the system is still considered new? its like saying the Wii didnt live up to the hype because nothing is really going for it right now.

I think the fact that PS3 Cpus are being put in Namco's arcade machines, that games like The Darkness is offering more content than its 360 counterpart, that game developers themselves are finding themselves allowed to do a lot more than they could on any other system with the ps3. I would say that free online play, the PS network, the OS and its firm ware updates, the upscaling of dvd's, ps1 and ps2 games is all living up to its hype.

Hype is explaining what you plan to do, but it doesnt happen with a snap of the fingers. Things take time to develope, its like an MMORPG. You know the features they want to add, but they have to do it over time.

The PS3 is a decent console but to be quite honest I don't think the world was ready for it yet. We are so bogged down with increasingly complex technology that we must adapt to in our everyday lives that a new standard of change isn't what the public wanted to see just yet.

Blu-Ray (sp?) will win the dvd wars b/c well they hold more data and they boast better picture quality. Yes they are more expensive but when production costs go down they will own the market.

The reason I went with the wii was because I wanted a break from cutting edge tech specs are pixel counts. I wanted to enjoy my favorite series from my childhood in new and interesting ways. Do I care if you consider it a true next-gen system? No. I think it was simply a new direction using what was then affordable technology to make an entertaining gaming experience.

I don't give a **** if it can't handle halo 3 or DMC4 or whatever the other powerhouse systems are touting as their new cash crops. I'll wait until the killer apps are out, the price is affordable on my budget, and blu-ray is standard before i touch a ps3. (also I hear I will need an HDTV to even enjoy the thing)

The ps3 is an impressive piece of hardware to be sure, it will have an impressive run and have some truly amazing titles in the future.

To make judgments on any of the current-gen systems now is pointless as none of them have tapped their true potential and they won't until the very end of their life cycles. I expect great things from all three companies.

Instead of making threads which insult the competition, why not respect them for the fact that they are taking action and creating titles. (which may or may not be to your liking) If you truly think your console is superior than that is your right to think so. But to bash the competition simply for being there well I think you miss the point that competition is healthy for business.

Just remember that these are games and the whole purpose of them is fun that is why we're all here.

Extra Life Mushroom said:
The PS3 is a decent console but to be quite honest I don't think the world was ready for it yet. We are so bogged down with increasingly complex technology that we must adapt to in our everyday lives that a new standard of change isn't what the public wanted to see just yet.

Blu-Ray (sp?) will win the dvd wars b/c well they hold more data and they boast better picture quality. Yes they are more expensive but when production costs go down they will own the market.

The reason I went with the wii was because I wanted a break from cutting edge tech specs are pixel counts. I wanted to enjoy my favorite series from my childhood in new and interesting ways. Do I care if you consider it a true next-gen system? No. I think it was simply a new direction using what was then affordable technology to make an entertaining gaming experience.

I don't give a **** if it can't handle halo 3 or DMC4 or whatever the other powerhouse systems are touting as their new cash crops. I'll wait until the killer apps are out, the price is affordable on my budget, and blu-ray is standard before i touch a ps3. (also I hear I will need an HDTV to even enjoy the thing)

The ps3 is an impressive piece of hardware to be sure, it will have an impressive run and have some truly amazing titles in the future.

To make judgments on any of the current-gen systems now is pointless as none of them have tapped their true potential and they won't until the very end of their life cycles. I expect great things from all three companies.

Instead of making threads which insult the competition, why not respect them for the fact that they are taking action and creating titles. (which may or may not be to your liking) If you truly think your console is superior than that is your right to think so. But to bash the competition simply for being there well I think you miss the point that competition is healthy for business.

Just remember that these are games and the whole purpose of them is fun that is why we're all here.

yeah i total dig what you are saying. but as long as there are threads like these, the debate will never be over.

competition is really good because the end result is that we the consumers get better games and have a blast with games. it's the competition among the fans that are biased that's going to ruin everything.

Back