Is the Wii Getting... Boring?

AtomicB

Sep 18, 2007
In my room. Working on project E-vile.
Wii Online Code
5873-1290-1753-2112
OpeningPic.jpgWell... Is it?

Alright, Alright. This is completely lame!
I have a huge bucket of troll food here that I'm just waiting to throw out! I sold my flame shield and sword and whatever other stupid forum slang that might relate to an actual object!
Bash me. Hate me. Drive a freaking stake through my points! I'm in the open!

Okay. Where to start, where to start. I guess from the beginning! Alright.

I'm sure most of us have seen those "I've had my Wii for almost a year now and..." Yada, yada, yoda. Yeah, those are what I like to call "Impatient Morons".

The Wii has been sitting on my shelf for almost a year collecting dust!
Well buy some games then, idiot!

There are no good games out on the Wii!
Nothing but Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Zack & Wiki, Elebits, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, ect.

Well, Resident Evil 4 doesn't count because it's a port.
Yeah, and we all know ports can't be good games! Even if they do have improved sound, controls, and graphics!

Well, none of those games sound good to me! They're all boring and easy!
Have you even played ANY of them?

Well, there are no good games coming o-
Battalion Wars 2, Manhunt 2, Guitar Hero 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Ghost Squad. And stop saying "Well".

The Wii has been out for almost a year! It should have an onslaught of AAA titles by now!
Yeah! Just like the 360 did! And just like the PS3 does! Really, compare the Wii's launch and first year to any of the others.

There are no good games announced for next year!
Right, because Nintendo should announce all of it's games for next year this year! It makes perfect sense!
Really, that's one of the stupidest excuses I've heard. And it's not even true.
We already have Animal Crossing Wii, Kirby Wii, Mario Kart Wii, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl announced for next year.

The Wii's online is lame! No good online games coming out for it! EVER!
Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2 has 32 online multi-player. Super Smash Bros. Brawl will have the trading and sharing of custom levels, screen-shots, and videos along with 4 player online fighting.
The Wii has been out for less than a year. You expect them to jump start the online just like that? It's even better than the PS3's non-existent online right now.

Well, I'm going to sell my Wii and buy an Xbox 360 anyways.
Okay. Bye. Wasn't that nice knowing you!

Lets not get started on the vc yea lets fork over money for games we already have in our closet, instead of bringing us new games from indie developers(its coming for the wii but its not here/already available on the other two platforms)

You fall under "Impatient". That's a lot like saying "Why don't we have a Smash Bros. game!" when it's been announced already.
And you're one of the lucky people who's old system still works. My N64 died years ago. My SNES is dead as well. My Genesis is still kicking though.
You know, some people actually, oh I don't know, LIKE the classic games.

Do you know how long it's been since I was last able to play Toejam & Earl? FOREVER! Why? 'Cause they don't SELL IT anymore. Now I own it again!

All the Wii games are Kiddie!
And you're obviously way to mature to play them! If you actually find this a problem, than buy Manhunt 2! If not that, Buy 'No More Heroes'! It's from the makers of Killer7. If anything, stop being an immature brat who needs blood 'N guts in all their games!

The Wii has been out for LESS than a year. Why people expect it to be an instant success is beyond me! Rants done. Return to your lives (or what's left of it).

Last edited:
The Wii's online is lame! No good online games coming out for it! EVER!
Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2 has 32 online multi-player. Super Smash Bros. Brawl will have the trading and sharing of custom levels, screen-shots, and videos along with 4 player online fighting.
The Wii has been out for less than a year. You expect them to jump start the online just like that? It's even better than the PS3's non-existent online right now.
are you serious how can you say non-existent they have more to offer online right now then the wii has period even with those two games you just mentioned, which are not even out yet. who knows 32player online might not work for the wii.(wont find out till the games out) so you cant compare that to whats already out and online playable for the ps3, their online is free just like the wii but at least they don't have to put in stupid numbers to play online with some one. or have to depend on the game to have a friends list online. Lets not get started on the vc yea lets fork over money for games we already have in our closet, instead of bringing us new games from indie developers(its coming for the wii but its not here/already available on the other two platforms) if you are going to knock something at least have some substance to what you are saying

Last edited:
you have some false answers which makes you look like a dumbass
such as
RE4 port...all it was is added on wii controls with the ps2 content, besides that nothing else.
360 had gears of war, an exclusive AAA original franchise, it also carried the sports games, dead rising, r6v and so on.
ps3 does have a better online...anything without friendcodes and voice chat is a better online. resistance also supported up to 40 players, 8 more than 32, but its still not THAT great as most of you are making it out to be.
ghost squad a good game.....? :sick:
besides that pretty good.

oh the "stop saying well" thing was really lame, esp. since you were the one saying it....

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
you have some false answers which makes you look like a dumbass
such as
RE4 port...all it was is added on wii controls with the ps2 content, besides that nothing else.
360 had gears of war, an exclusive AAA original franchise, it also carried the sports games, dead rising, r6v and so on.
ps3 does have a better online...anything without friendcodes and voice chat is a better online. resistance also supported up to 40 players, 8 more than 32, but its still not THAT great as most of you are making it out to be.
ghost squad a good game.....? :sick:
besides that pretty good.
I'll note that I over-looked Gears Of War. I thought it came out after the first year. Dead Rising I forgot completely. And as for voice chat, I still believe that will come in due time.

Edit: As for RE4, textures were updated a bit (such as when you first encounter a Regenerator).

Last edited:
hmmm. . .

I somewhat agree, but the wii still needs better 3rd party games and online. If the online for MOH, Brawl, etc. is good that'll be a decent start. I'm still waiting for a good racing game though. . . (besides E. Truck) There just aren't enough good third party games for the system, thats the main problem. If the third party developers don't start putting more effort into their games the wii might end up in a dismal state.

I'm just hoping the third parties will eventually take the wii more seriously because i really think it is an ingeniously innovative system.

I go a lot of time on my hands today and if any one wants to go for a game for game war lets do it. I can almost garentee that for every type of wii game that is out or is coming out, there is a 360 or ps3 game that is just like it or better. when i say better im talking about review better. but we don't have to go the whats better part because thats all on opinion any way. but im going to clarify that the wii doesn't have a broader range of games, and that the other systems have the same type of games just minus motion controls. Bring ya A game! oh and please list what type of game it is ie. action, action/ adventure, fantasy, RPG etc.please not if you want to use the wii has only been out a year excuse than i can submit this same war with first year titles as well.

JAKE196 said:
oh please don't argue he was just making a point that a lot of people need to lighten up, and they hate the wii for stupid reasons.
i know i just got a lot of time that i need to kill before i go pick my girls son up. and i wanted to clear a big misconception that the wii has a broader range of games. because it doesn't im sorry i love the wii but it really does'nt
note: lets do it on a msn or yahoo i don't want to take up space for this

Last edited:
Nice post.

I've grown tired of saying some of those things to new Wii owners, or ones that have had it for 4 months and are complaining about games etc.

youngblood6 said:
i know i just got a lot of time that i need to kill before i go pick my girls son up. and i wanted to clear a big misconception that the wii has a broader range of games. because it doesn't im sorry i love the wii but it really does'nt

A broader range like what?
I see party games, shooting games, adventure games and sports games.
How broad would you like to go?

You saying that line is like me saying the 360 is full of shooters.

Last edited:
yungblood6 said:
I go a lot of time on my hands today and if any one wants to go for a game for game war lets do it. I can almost garentee that for every type of wii game that is out or is coming out, there is a 360 or ps3 game that is just like it or better. when i say better im talking about review better. but we don't have to go the whats better part because thats all on opinion any way. but im going to clarify that the wii doesn't have a broader range of games, and that the other systems have the same type of games just minus motion controls. Bring ya A game! oh and please list what type of game it is ie. action, action/ adventure, fantasy, RPG etc.please not if you want to use the wii has only been out a year excuse than i can submit this same war with first year titles as well.

Edit: Yes, I'd rather not take up any space on this thread.

I agree 100 %. My friends that have a wii and 360 say that the wii is an impulse buy and it has no good games. I should send a link to this site.

Back