just finished MP3!!!!!!

David - I sent this note to customer service at Nintendo:

Hello -

My console number is 4684-5443-6495-3972. The console name is pkstudios.

I have a friend whose console number is 7544-8308-5173-1071 and is named David.

The problem we're having is that we're trying to trade friend vouchers from Metroid Prime 3. He has sent me two and I've sent him one, and each of our consoles shows that we sent these to the other, but none have been received. In other words, I have not received the two he's sent me and he has not received the one I sent him.

We are able to share Wii-mail so clearly our consoles are connected, and we both have our "WiiConnect24" setting set on "Yes".

Is there something we're doing wrong here? Feel free to take a look at my machine if you can over the internet connection.

Many thanks in advance for your help,
PK

+ +

I'll let you know if/when they reply.

David - I just received the following reply from Nintendo:

Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are having sending and receiving Friend Vouchers. We at Nintendo value you as a customer and will strive to assist you however we are able. Normally, our website is equipped to address many of the issues our fans might encounter with our products. However, in this case, it would be more effective to speak with you directly.

At your earliest convenience, please contact Nintendo's Consumer Service Department by calling 1-800-xxx-xxxx. Representatives are available to speak to you between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week.

When calling, you may bypass the recorded information by pressing "0" on your touch-tone phone. This will connect you to the next available representative.

If you are unable to reach one of our representatives via our toll-free number, please reply to this e-mail with your name, address, a daytime phone number, and a good time to reach you. We will be happy to call and assist you. Please be sure to include your original e-mail as well as this response when you reply.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please let us know!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

+ +

I have a feeling what happened here is that we have different versions of the game, and they're not compatible. Do you know how to check that? I think it has something to do with the serial number on the box. On mine, the last 3 letters are USZ.

Anyway - I'll call them tomorrow and see what they have to say for themselves.

lol i was thinking something similar,

as im PAL and your not (are you)

so it might not work,

and the ones i have recieved from my other friend, he is in uk PAL and i got his imediatly.

well we should ask them if that is the case.

also, the screenshot tool is cool lol

Hi again, David - Ok I spoke with Nintendo and the best they could recommend for us was to turn off your WiiConnect24 (from the console, not from the game itself), wait a minute, then turn it back on again to see if that can reboot the thing and try to retrieve our vouchers. Your name is showing as greyed out in my system (for sending vouchers, not for sending Wii-mail) and they say it's not supposed to allow vouchers to be sent in that circumstance (they should only go to names that are black, not grey, indicating save info for the game). They say it shouldn't matter about you being in the UK and me being in the US.

Anyway, I did that, so if you want to try it, good luck. Otherwise they're just lost in the ether, I guess.

Hiya Pk, i didnt try that, you want to know why lol.

i was reading the manual just for info (i never read the manuals, maybe i should more often to avoid problems (youl fin d out why)) and i came accross wii connect 24, i thought oh they might have the answer to whats wrong, so i read

it said

"blah blah blah friend vouchers can be sent blah blah blsh"

at the Bottom

"important notice, friend vouchers can only be recieved by friends in your friend roster of you wii console, who have the PAL version of the wii, and the PAL version of metroid prime 3 corruption"
bLah Blah Blah

"if you send a voucher to a friend who has the japanese or USA versions the friend voucher will dissapear"

so unfortunatly we have lost 2 vouchers, oh well, i was looking forward to trading mate, but at least we know the problem now

No joke - I should call back the Nintendo help desk and explain that fact to them. They assured me that it should be no problem trading between US and UK versions of the game. Wankers.

Anyway, sorry it didn't work out - I hope you have enough vouchers to get everything you need.

Back