Metroid Prime 3 VS Halo 3

Ding? Grats!

I'm not a huge fan of Metroid. So id go with Halo 3

Ancestor said:
Well if you want to look it at that way Halo is not what most people call story driven fps either considering how single player was shaded by multiplayer. Lethal I just hoped that if you had to start argument you would atleast done it on on of real arguments I made towards your post. Allso stop trying to put words to my mouth I never stated UT would be story based even though there is a story as minor as it may be putting apple and orange in same sentence does not meant I state that apples are oranges. Please if you don't agree with my arguments go ahead counter them but don't try to make up something just because you don't like about my oppinions.

lol then dont use UT as an example chief. The argument was over the fact that I said Halo 3 wont be like the other 2. Then you try to use UT as an example as to why it will be when every single UT game is the same. Dont like it? Tought titty said the kitty.

Too many damn fanboys here. Oh the Wii is 10000X better than the gamecube lol. pathetic!

He was using the UT series to try and explain why additional/upgraded content doesnt always make a good sequel. Ancestor could have used any game series to get his point accross - which was that halo 3's new weapons and vehicles doesnt mean it will be an amazing game for those who have played previous versions.

I'd like add that i play 360 and am looking forward to halo 3's release.

i hope we'll be able to voice chat with complete strangers.........knowing nintendo and how gay they are these things, we wont. lol

xshortyx said:
HALO 3 WILL BE BETTER. but wii is better console.
Plz!!! I hate somebody said that this game(360 game or ps3) is better(may be graphic) than that game(wii), but wii is better console(new way to play).
I love Nintendo games(mario,metroid, zelda, Super MB) not because the console. I love the story, gameplay.

I think not most people here finish all metroid prime 1 and 2 on gamecube.
I think MP 1 and 2 not as famous as HL 1 and 2 , a little bit because gamecube _____:drool: ( just think)

djkidbee said:
Plz!!! I hate somebody said that this game(360 game or ps3) is better(may be graphic) than that game(wii), but wii is better console(new way to play).
I love Nintendo games(mario,metroid, zelda, Super MB) not because the console. I love the story, gameplay.

So because its a new way to play this makes the Wii a better console? If you think its better to buy games that look worse than last gen (thanks 480i!!!) for $50 and all you get extra is waving a remote around is better, then RIGHT ON!! PS2 looks better because of 720p. The Wii is nothing but a test to see if its worth it for Nintendo to put some real money into a new system. This isnt even close to being the best system. Maybe if Nintendo can perfect the Wiimote then yes I can see the next Wii dominating the market. That is if Microsoft and Sony arent already working on new blu ray motion sensored systems.

u mean bluetooth senored? and the wii is bluetooth i think they should have made the wii dvd and cd compatable and more memory

Lethal said:
So because its a new way to play this makes the Wii a better console? If you think its better to buy games that look worse than last gen (thanks 480i!!!) for $50 and all you get extra is waving a remote around is better, then RIGHT ON!! PS2 looks better because of 720p. The Wii is nothing but a test to see if its worth it for Nintendo to put some real money into a new system. This isnt even close to being the best system. Maybe if Nintendo can perfect the Wiimote then yes I can see the next Wii dominating the market. That is if Microsoft and Sony arent already working on new blu ray motion sensored systems.

As argumentative as lethal is he brings up some valid points every now and again. Lets take what Nintendo did with the DS, it was in their own words an experiment, that is why it coincides with the Advance. The DS is not a replacement for the Advance it was a harware based experiment and some think a way for them to test the market for the suitability to the Wii. The Wii also is an experiment, it costs Nintendo 90 dollers to make a unit they are interested only in the market suitability to such a device, and the expanding of the market. No technically speaking the specifications of the machine are far inferior to Sony's and MS's. However as this is the first console of it's type it is not there to compete with those two. Sony and MS however will be thanking Nintendo when thousands of non-gamers become interested in the console market.

The human interface on the Wii has the potential to be FAR superior to that of either console, however developers have had 30 years to get to grips with game pads and buttons yet not much over 30 days to get to grips with a motion sensing pointing device in the console market. If you look at technical specifications and nothing else then you get what you pay for. If however we put aside which console is best and agree that competition is healthy for the market, then we can look to the future of gaming with each company standing on each others shoulders to bring you the best gaming experience. Yes the Wii is an experiment, not just for Nintendo but for the whole market and for that even Sony fanboys should be thanking them for taking the risk to potentially revolutionise the market. (check Sony patenting, recently one has been filed for a motion sensitive pointing device)

If we look at sales figures we see the market has been blown wide open, this is a great thing. Whether one game on another system is better than yours is neither here nor there, the fact that more and more people are spending money in the industry is only good.

This argument of whether MP3 is better than Halo3 is completely unnecessary, not only are the games completely different, but they are on different systems and offer different gameplay, therefore it is entirely opinion and not fact. MS have sold over 10 million 360s, to Nintendos 4 million Wiis, so sales figures are also for the time being irrelevent unless you look at it in percentages, (ie 50% of Wii owners will buy MP3, 60% of 360 owners got Halo3 etc).

But essentially who does Microsoft have to thank for their massive current success, it would be companies like Atari, Nintendo, Sega and other hardware manufacturers who took the risk to bring gaming from the arcades into our homes back in the eighties. If Nintendo succeed and bring fresh blood to the market, and MS 361 (w/e) sells 20 million units it is once again because of another company adding to a stagnant market.

All consoles take risks, some with future proof hardware that they will initially make a loss on, and some with a different approach to the market. Would online console gaming really be where it is if it wasn't for MS? Would Nintendo have included online support in the Wii if it didn't take off on the Xbox, of course they wouldn't have. Wii owners have MS to thank that the Wii is getting online support, because MS took that initial leap of faith, in ten years time we may have Nintendo to thank for getting rid of the clunky game pad, who knows it is all an experiment when it comes down to it really.

Toastie said:
As argumentative as lethal is he brings up some valid points every now and again. Lets take what Nintendo did with the DS, it was in their own words an experiment, that is why it coincides with the Advance. The DS is not a replacement for the Advance it was a harware based experiment and some think a way for them to test the market for the suitability to the Wii. The Wii also is an experiment, it costs Nintendo 90 dollers to make a unit they are interested only in the market suitability to such a device, and the expanding of the market. No technically speaking the specifications of the machine are far inferior to Sony's and MS's. However as this is the first console of it's type it is not there to compete with those two. Sony and MS however will be thanking Nintendo when thousands of non-gamers become interested in the console market.

The human interface on the Wii has the potential to be FAR superior to that of either console, however developers have had 30 years to get to grips with game pads and buttons yet not much over 30 days to get to grips with a motion sensing pointing device in the console market. If you look at technical specifications and nothing else then you get what you pay for. If however we put aside which console is best and agree that competition is healthy for the market, then we can look to the future of gaming with each company standing on each others shoulders to bring you the best gaming experience. Yes the Wii is an experiment, not just for Nintendo but for the whole market and for that even Sony fanboys should be thanking them for taking the risk to potentially revolutionise the market. (check Sony patenting, recently one has been filed for a motion sensitive pointing device)

If we look at sales figures we see the market has been blown wide open, this is a great thing. Whether one game on another system is better than yours is neither here nor there, the fact that more and more people are spending money in the industry is only good.

This argument of whether MP3 is better than Halo3 is completely unnecessary, not only are the games completely different, but they are on different systems and offer different gameplay, therefore it is entirely opinion and not fact. MS have sold over 10 million 360s, to Nintendos 4 million Wiis, so sales figures are also for the time being irrelevent unless you look at it in percentages, (ie 50% of Wii owners will buy MP3, 60% of 360 owners got Halo3 etc).

But essentially who does Microsoft have to thank for their massive current success, it would be companies like Atari, Nintendo, Sega and other hardware manufacturers who took the risk to bring gaming from the arcades into our homes back in the eighties. If Nintendo succeed and bring fresh blood to the market, and MS 361 (w/e) sells 20 million units it is once again because of another company adding to a stagnant market.

All consoles take risks, some with future proof hardware that they will initially make a loss on, and some with a different approach to the market. Would online console gaming really be where it is if it wasn't for MS? Would Nintendo have included online support in the Wii if it didn't take off on the Xbox, of course they wouldn't have. Wii owners have MS to thank that the Wii is getting online support, because MS took that initial leap of faith, in ten years time we may have Nintendo to thank for getting rid of the clunky game pad, who knows it is all an experiment when it comes down to it really.

you should get a job on gamespot.com

Metroid controls like a FPS but more of an adventure feel to it as well. I have loved metroid since the good ol' SNES, nothing will change that. Also MP:3 look like it will be better than Metroid prime's on gamecube:

(Quicktime)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=13161&type=mov&pl=game

( .WMV)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=13161&type=wmv&pl=game

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=13159&type=mov&pl=game

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=13159&type=wmv&pl=game

:drool: looks like it controls 10x better than red steel.

Toastie - Im glad to see someone understands what I was trying to say. Though I come off as a total a$$hole most of the times its only because people continuously tend to argue and claim the Wii to be all mighty. I think you explained it perfectly.

Dotca said:
u mean bluetooth senored? and the wii is bluetooth i think they should have made the wii dvd and cd compatable and more memory
Thank you for correcting me. Yes I meant to say bluetooth.

Back