my views towards the wii

ciper said:
Yes. My Wii does one thing well - collecting dust while I wait for something good to play :(

Every other console I have ever owned has never sat this long so soon after I bought it.

Just wait until all the teenagers come to the thread and take what you say as an attack directed solely at them. "OMG YU R A RETARD"

I rep'd your post

"OMG YU R A RETARD"
Is a stereotype for teenagers?
That's more of the preteen kids that come on here, those damn 11 year olds that talk like that. One's that can't spell yet.

And this here is the list for the dreamcast launch.
Sega Dreamcast
U.S. launch: September 9, 1999

Airforce Delta
Blue Stinger
Expendable
Flag to Flag
House of the Dead 2
Hydro Thunder
Monaco Grand Prix
Mortal Kombat Gold
NFL 2K
NFL Blitz 2000
Pen Pen Tri-Icelon
Power Stone
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Sonic Adventure
Soul Calibur
TNN Motorsports Hardcore Heat
Tokyo Xtreme Racer
TrickStyle

Last edited:
At the moment I'm actually looking for a regular Xbox to pass the time till some good games hit. I just don't think a system selling like hotcakes could fail. Although I really don't see why there hasn't been some more great games out already.

There will be thousands that havn't played it before, and the adaptation to the Wii is the lure of RE:4.

i actually havnt played resi 4 and it looks quite good

i will apoligize for for some of the stuff i've said, its just, since i got my 360, i've been looking at the game sections for that and the libary of games are really outstanding, the lineup for the future looks even better. When i look at wii games, its just, dissapointing.

i will agree, given time, the wii will release some cracking titles suck as:

mario kart
ssb
mario galaxys
red steel 2
zelda games
much more party stuff too

i am constantly tied between weather to buy a wii game or a 360 game though

powpowpow said:
Nintendo has always started pretty slow but managed to knock out some amazing games eventually. (Goldeneye, Zelda OOT & MM, Donkey Kong, Banjo, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, Mario Tennis, Diddy Kong Racing, Super Smash Bros). These games are legendary and the reason they are is because a lot of time and effort went into them.
I own an XBOX and I can't really name any legendary games for it (I don't count Halo as legendary even though it was pretty awesome).

Last time I played my XBOX: 1 year ago
Last time I played my N64: Yesterday.

The bad thing about your example is that Goldeneye, Donkey Kong, Banjo, Perfect Dark, and Diddy kong on the N64 were all developed by Rare which is now owned by Mircrosoft.

Last edited:
Never played RE:4 until now. Never cared too. But being able to aim and shoot at your enemy with your controler already makes it better than the 2 year old version.

All this "IT CAME OUT 2 YEARS AGO!" crap, means absolutely nothing to me. :smilewinkgrin:

Doesnt admitting that you had not played RE4 in the past make you a noob in the strictest sense? I mean it was a very popular game at the time that was available for both GC and PS2. No reason for you not to have played it especially over a 2 year period where used copies became somewhat common.

Mr.Selfdestruct said:
All this "IT CAME OUT 2 YEARS AGO!" crap, means absolutely nothing to me. :smilewinkgrin:
It should. This thread is about the Wii and its weaknesses. This is another example of us getting rehashed games instead of anything new.

No Ciper, i think it proves that the Wii got me back into gaming.

I though i had outgrown gaming and game systems, until the Wii came along, it gave me a whole new reason to play again. Or the even want to play video games again.

Nintendo is doing something right, if the Wii hadnt came along, i'd still not be playing any games, none of the other consoles really gave me a reason to purchase them. Just because you polish a turd doesnt make it more apealing to me, i want substance, not superior graphics and Extreeeeeeeeeeemly long games.

I WANT SOMETHING THATS FUN TO PLAY !

Last edited:
Just a thought......

I've owned many systems over the years. The Wii is the first time that I've owned a system from (two weeks after) launch. Every other system I've owned has been bought after the inevitable price drop and once a decent catalogue of games has been released. I am feeling a little jaded towards my Wii at the moment but I know that once the choice of decent games expands then I will be back in the same frame of mind as with previous systems. I wonder how many of you who are feeling let down are first time launch purchasers, and how many have been here before?

Haywire said:
The bad thing about your example is that Goldeneye, Donkey Kong, Banjo, Perfect Dark, and Diddy kong on the N64 were all developed by Rare which is now owned by Mircrosoft.
This is true.. Rare were legendary game developers.

Even so, with all the unexpected sales of Nintendo's console, developers can't ignore it and I'm sure they'll put more resources towards making great wii games, just as EA are doing.

Back