my views towards the wii

Mr.Selfdestruct said:
No Ciper, i think it proves that the Wii got me back into gaming.

I though i had outgrown gaming and game systems, until the Wii came along, it gave me a whole new reason to play again. Or the even want to play video games again.

Nintendo is doing something right, if the Wii hadnt came along, i'd still not be playing any games, none of the other consoles really gave me a reason to purchase them. Just because you polish a turd doesnt make it more apealing to me, i want substance, not superior graphics and Extreeeeeeeeeeemly long games.

I WANT SOMETHING THATS FUN TO PLAY !
chainsawing someone isnt fun?
what are you? gay?

powpowpow said:
This is true.. Rare were legendary game developers.

Even so, with all the unexpected sales of Nintendo's console, developers can't ignore it and I'm sure they'll put more resources towards making great wii games, just as EA are doing.

Honestly you would think so but this is an area of concern for many gamers specially when it seems most developers mainly want to focus on casual games for the wii. Several companies have already started making sub-divisions to focus on casual games alone. Many developers are still just trying to find ways to use the wiimote effectively and are resorting to terrible ports or simple minigame bundles.

Then headlines such as Project Hammer being canceled and Sega questioning the wii longevity cause some customers to have doubts about the system. In truth I have fun with my Wii and my family likes it but so far it has been a dissapointment. I imagined the wiimote feeling intuitive and while I have no problems my wife and kids struggle with wii controls in several games. Also their are just too many ports and overpriced kid games that i could get cheaper on my ps2 or gamecube.

Plus my two sons (4 and 6) if given an option would rather have a 360 version of a game over a wii version. Which is dissapointing to me since they should be part of the wii's core audience so I am left with a game system that my kids have little interest in at the moment and me waiting for original titles that appeal to me.

after watching that youtube vid about "shoot'em in the head, they killed your parents, press A, PRESS A..." i want this game. haha. but yeah, now i really want to PRESS A and shoot some zombies in the head.

back to the subject -

it's pretty boring. i actually just surf online with my Wii. and i check up on the voting game which is kinda cool but you just have to wait days before you see a result.

i'm already getting bored of zelda tp. i just beat the dino and it took me 1 try to beat that pile of bones. is there going to be a boss that is worth my time? jesus, the game is too easy.

wii sport is where it is man. i'm serious, the bowling, the tennis, and the boxing game. it's got me hooked. sometimes i look at zelda tp and say "you cost me 50 bucks but wii sports was free and it's way more fun than you".

hopefully i can play RE4 for a while. getting PS3 on monday or tuesday. so maybe after that, my Wii will be collecting dust.

Yellow_Wii said:
Every time i get that urge to play on my wii, i plug it in, start it up etc

but i just stare at my 6 games ( red steel, zelda, godfather, mario football, sonic, wii sports ) and just sit there, wondering what to play.

I go through in turn, wii sports, great fun, but can i really be bothered to play by myself...

red steel, i completed this before and i hated a certain few levals and cant be bothered.

zelda, man this game was good, but now i have everything, is there any point?

godfather, thinking, now i could go around slaughtering people but theres not much point, few weapons and the story missions go along the same lines, cant be bothered, once again.

Mario football, i'm stuck on crystal cup and cant get past a certain part. The onlines good, but every time i get in the lead some noob disconnects me! :mad5:

sonic, its quite good but just a bit too repetitve to pla.

so it sit there just staring, wondering what to do...so i connect to the interent, no new messages, got nothing to search on teh interent, vote channel sucks, check if i've got any new mii's, just watched the news on ITV2, check the weather ( **** ), got no wii points to get VC games

nothing

i get bored and end up playing on my 360

i have to say that wii is supurb for multiplayer, but when it comes to single,<b> it really does suck penis hairs.</b>

i completed crackdown twice with all achievments and i'm not bored, i'm on my thrid time completing gears, not bored, online is really quite special, not bored.

i just have this feeling that the wii is slowly losing its novelty in motion and if they dont bring out some good 1 player games soon, they are going to loose quite a bit of money from customers, that are either moving to microsoft or sony.

anyone else feeling the same way??..
LOL :shocked: HAHA!

Nintendo had me hyped for tha Wii untill, say, march, now the only use I have for my Wii is internet...
I was hyped for SSBB untill recently. Ive been waiting so long, that I just dont care about it anymore. Nintendo is ****ing up with the way they do things nowadays. Im predicting that Nintendo will have yet another 3rd place in this gen console wars.
My 360, however, is so much fun. Online play is its best feature im afraid though. I hate buying xbox live cards too, but its worth it. Maybe thats all Nintendo needs, online play. Cmon Miyamoto, were waiting....still....
To be honest, Nintendo should just stick with handhelds, thats where they are good at, "untill Microsoft starts making them, and sony builds playable games...)
And as for Playstation 3, price price price. Sony would have a good 1st if the price was like $400, (the one good aspect about the Wii $250) Games are good, graphics are supurb and online rivals Microsoft.

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
chainsawing someone isnt fun?
what are you? gay?
We got a Kif here eh?

The remote is just a gimmick, some people are just now realizing that, its not that great while others are still in denial.

Nintendo's number one problem: they don't give a **** about the online community. Waiting 6 months before even releasing online capabilities, and then when it happens they have Pokemon as the first game? Get real. Nintendo may be quite innovative, but they have the worst planning and management I have ever seen. They released the Wii 2 years before they should've. You can't just go and make a console and forget about games, online capabilities, accessories...etc. They just released a console. Not much you can do with that.

I went out and bought the original XBox a month after getting the Wii. That's embarrassing-for Nintendo.

I am kinda the same way. I normally just play Bowling on the Wii Sports.

What's your opinion for the Wii vs Xbox 360? I like the Wii better for one reason, and that reason being you dont have to pay $49.99 a year. But, I like Xbox 360 as well because of the Online Play. The Wii needs to have something like that, maybe a Bowling Tournament where you can vs friends or have an Official Tournament that Wii Developers come up with.

In my opinion, Mario is dead. The only good game that Nintendo has, is their trump card, Super Smash Bros. Thats the only game that would get a 10 from me. Star Fox was another good one, but not anymore.

Tails McCloud~ said:
Nintendo had me hyped for tha Wii untill, say, march, now the only use I have for my Wii is internet...
I was hyped for SSBB untill recently. Ive been waiting so long, that I just dont care about it anymore. Nintendo is ****ing up with the way they do things nowadays. Im predicting that Nintendo will have yet another 3rd place in this gen console wars.
My 360, however, is so much fun. Online play is its best feature im afraid though. I hate buying xbox live cards too, but its worth it. Maybe thats all Nintendo needs, online play. Cmon Miyamoto, were waiting....still....
To be honest, Nintendo should just stick with handhelds, thats where they are good at, "untill Microsoft starts making them, and sony builds playable games...)
And as for Playstation 3, price price price. Sony would have a good 1st if the price was like $400, (the one good aspect about the Wii $250) Games are good, graphics are supurb and online rivals Microsoft.

I don't think you are clued up enough to be deciding how nintendo should be running their company.
Nintendo are clearly winning the "console wars" right now with all the casual gamers/non gamers they have brought in.
Online play is best on the PC.. I don't think that will really ever change. If you bought ur 360 solely for online play, I think that was a big mistake.

i havent played my wii in a long time b/c of school and SATS/Regents/Finals. so im looking foward to getting back to it. I have THE BIGS coming out next week. I have mario strikers in July and Madden in Augest and Strikers and Madden are online. i am happy with those games. Nintendo will come out with a lot of good games. I guess we just have to be pateint.

powpowpow said:
I don't think you are clued up enough to be deciding how nintendo should be running their company.
Nintendo are clearly winning the "console wars" right now with all the casual gamers/non gamers they have brought in.
Online play is best on the PC.. I don't think that will really ever change. If you bought ur 360 solely for online play, I think that was a big mistake.
No, I may not be clued in, but it doesnt take an exec. to see that Nintendo has fallen behind lately. Online isnt best for PC, its best for whatever which consumer likes it best for, like for me, its Playstation, I despise pc games. Never really liked not one but really old ones like doom and drakkhen. And I dont beleive I said that I bought my 360 solely for online. And if I did, how would it be a "mistake"? What I do with my hard-earn money is my perogative, not for your opinion. I think your just looking for an argument...

Last edited:
Back