New Wii this Autumn?

I dont think it will happen i think the wiidvd app will come but not the new wii it is just and cover to go over your wii so it looks like it is new. it will be the same specs

I dont know, I read someplace that a new wii is comming out that can play dvds and its going to include someone elses software to play the movies and its gonna cost more than normal wii just because they have to liscense the dvd software. So looks like thats gonna happen. If I find it Ill post the link to it.
But Wii already has dvd drive thats what all the games are on. They just dont let you play movies. If you use a mod chip you can use the wii to play movies now using gamecube emulation and linux thats what I read. You couldnt do that if there was no dvd drive.

well i don't care what about all of your Vc games you will have to get new ones
or just get a modd chip

The Wii's game capability is all I really care about, any DVD's I play in one of 3players I have.

On the other hand, my old PS2 plays DVD's, so I can see what you people mean about the wii not accepting play, it should be normal in most consoles today to play DVD's, but the cost plays a big role there.

Not fo be captain snooty-pants, but if you own a wii with that many VC titles, then why would purchase another? You could get your current wii custom painted for far less than 299$

just my 0.02¢

edit: post 200 :)

SensesFail said:
i have been wondering what this picture was all about for the longest time..
gcolor2.jpg
i like the white personally, but the new colors all look really good. as for the DVD player being added, i currently have 3 DVD players in my basement, PS2, actual dvd player and my surround sound reciever has a dvd player..
i dont need a fourth but ill probably download it just to say i have it.
That pic was out before the Wii even came out, lol.

but o/t, I won't buy another Wii, just for a new color, but I will def. download the update! :))

i wouldn't mind a dvd channel on my wii but i would rather buy a skin the pay another 400 big ones:mad5:
GUITAR HERO 3 ROCKS!!!!!!

SensesFail said:
i have been wondering what this picture was all about for the longest time..
gcolor2.jpg
i like the white personally, but the new colors all look really good. as for the DVD player being added, i currently have 3 DVD players in my basement, PS2, actual dvd player and my surround sound reciever has a dvd player..
i dont need a fourth but ill probably download it just to say i have it.

:lol:

Chase&Fred said:
That pic was out before the Wii even came out, lol.

but o/t, I won't buy another Wii, just for a new color, but I will def. download the update! :))

oh, well it doesnt matter if it was out b4 the wii was b/c it still displays all the upcoming colors. i apologize for not memorizing when every wii related pic was released. my bad

They'll definetly come out with a system where you can transfer over games you've purchased. If you bought the "license" to that game then you have the rights to it, plain and simple

Anyone who says the current Wii is incapable if DVD playback would be incorrect atm it is possible to play dvds using a mod chip and ngc homebrew I how ever do not recommend this but this proves the dvd drive in the wii is capable of reading and playing dvds thus a simple firmware update would allow DVD playback

http://reviews.dcemu.co.uk/dvd-playback-hack-on-nintendo-wii-63691.html

If all you want is a different color/looking Wii then there are several sources for "skins" for the unit. Skinit at skinit.com has 100's of options.

Dr. Mom
not a stockholder, investor, employee or owner in Skinit, just a satisfied customer.:wink:

Back