Nintendo Wii! Too expensive?

nononono! Wii is the cheapest no matter what you compare it to. look at 360...$400 for console, $60 for controllers, $60 for games, theres a range for Microsoft Points, plus you pay monthly or yearly for Xbox Live. PS3 alone with a $600 console and $60 games adds up.

clearly the Wii is the cheapest by farrrrrrr.

Forgive me if im wrong then ?

I guess a conclusion has been made, That wii in most aspects is not expensive.

Yet for me i consider it expensive but majority doesn't =]

Suner52 said:
I guess a conclusion has been made, That wii in most aspects is not expensive.

Yet for me i consider it expensive but majority doesn't =]

First, you started the thread saying that Wii was too expensive, and then, you started another thread saying that Wii getting boring (http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/31930-nintendo-wii-getting-boring.html)
So, what's next Wii basher? :mad5: Next time, be a little smarter, don't start stupid threads like those!

plus3_ad.jpg

Note the price. £199.00 for 128k of ram. the year 1987. I also paid more for my Sega Megadrive than i did for the Wii.

You young 'uns don't know a good deal when it slaps you in the face.

Last edited:
Johndoe01 said:
First, you started the thread saying that Wii was too expensive, and then, you started another thread saying that Wii getting boring (http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/31930-nintendo-wii-getting-boring.html)
So, what's next Wii basher? :mad5: Next time, be a little smarter, don't start stupid threads like those!

A lot of people don't read *sigh* Many of them are like you. i admit i have gone wrong with this thread, but with wii getting boring, i never directed to myself, not saying once that i was bored of it, it was for other users to state wether they are bored of it or not =] UNDERSTOOD?

Sorry for many missconceptions, Suner52

Suner52 said:
A lot of people don't read *sigh* Many of them are like you. i admit i have gone wrong with this thread, but with wii getting boring, i never directed to myself, not saying once that i was bored of it, it was for other users to state wether they are bored of it or not =] UNDERSTOOD?

Sorry for many missconceptions, Suner52

Did you really, really read all the postings in your thread that how many are getting bored with Wii or just you? Anyway, it's not the point. The point is obviously, you're a Wii basher because you're the one that started to dig out all the crap to talk about Wii. Everybody is entitled to voice their opinion and that no console is perfect, but at least, be a little smarter when trying to talk crap about a console: not like Wii is too expensive because everone knows that Wii is the cheapest compared to xbox360 and PS3, or that Wii is getting boring because first of all, Wii has the most innovative controller ever created (you're not only playing the game, you're IN the game), and secondly, the overwhelming demand for Wii speaks for itself, it's sold out everywhere. Anyway, maybe you're the only 1 in 100,000 that doesn't like Wii or that you get bored because you have nothing to do but playing Wii non-stop and in that case, you'll get bored with ANYTHING in a matter of days

Johndoe01 said:
or that Wii is getting boring because first of all, Wii has the most innovative controller ever created
You have to have good games for a console to be fun, no matter what controller it has or how powerful it is it will suck without good games. A lot of people get used to the controller and then realize that the Wii doesn't have much to offer yet besides the controller which doesn't seem so special anymore. Anyway, I don't know why people here think we shouldn't be able to criticize the Wii. What is so bad about pointing out its flaws, as long as we aren't going around saying "omg teh wii suxxorz!!!!11one"

paintba||er said:

You have to have good games for a console to be fun, no matter what controller it has or how powerful it is it will suck without good games. A lot of people get used to the controller and then realize that the Wii doesn't have much to offer yet besides the controller which doesn't seem so special anymore. Anyway, I don't know why people here think we shouldn't be able to criticize the Wii. What is so bad about pointing out its flaws, as long as we aren't going around saying "omg teh wii suxxorz!!!!11one"

90% of this forum is negativity. If I wanted to hear people talking **** about a console I'd google "playstation 3"

paintba||er said:

Anybody plays video games long enough knows that no matter how poweful a console is, without any good games (talking about good games, Brain Age, WareioWare, Mario Party 8, Cooking Mama are the most innovative games on any console) it will die very soon (remember Jaguar? 3DO?) What special about Wii controller is its 3D motion sensor, it's not just like a gimmick wireless controller. Both xbox360 and PS3 controllers are wireless but they're not 3D motion sensor like Wii (can you wing their controller when you play tennis? bowling?) Did I say that no console is perfect? And I own almost every system: xbox360, PS3, DS, PSP, Wii, PS2, xbox. I skipped Gamecube because: it doesn't offer exciting games and most of their games are kiddie games. I sold my PS3 because I got bored after a while eventhough the graphics are spectacular. I still have xbox360 because of its online feature. I agree when people say that Nintendo games are mostly kiddie games and that it lacks of online feature or that it doesn't play DVD movies. Just like I said: be a little bit smarter when criticizing Wii because saying Wii is too expensive (compared to xbox360 or PS3) kinda stupid and that if Wii is getting boring to you, it's because a)you played Wii nonstop or b)you're kinda of person that is never satisfied with ANYTHING in life and constantly required something new (well, if I eat lobster, steak everyday, I'll get sicked of it too!)

Johndoe01 said:
Anybody plays video games long enough knows that no matter how poweful a console is, without any good games (talking about good games
Thats what I am saying, there isn't much for the Wii yet that I would consider a good game.

WareioWare
Too short and only worth it for multiplayer.

Cooking Mama
You have to be kidding me?!?!?!

are the most innovative games on any console) it will die very soon (remember Jaguar? 3DO?) What special about Wii controller is its 3D motion sensor, it's not just like a gimmick wireless controller.
But like I said before a lot of people get used to this and then it isn't special anymore.

Both xbox360 and PS3 controllers are wireless but they're not 3D motion sensor like Wii
The PS3 has tilt sensing....It just sucks ass....

(can you wing their controller when you play tennis? bowling?) Did I say that no console is perfect? And I own almost every system: xbox360, PS3, DS, PSP, Wii, PS2, xbox. I skipped Gamecube because: it doesn't offer exciting games and most of their games are kiddie games.
It is too early to say for sure, but to me it looks like the Wii will go the way of the GC. Most games so far are kiddie and they have those stupid friend codes and stuff all just to protect stupid little kids from getting raped.

I sold my PS3 because I got bored after a while eventhough the graphics are spectacular. I still have xbox360 because of its online feature. I agree when people say that Nintendo games are mostly kiddie games and that it lacks of online feature or that it doesn't play DVD movies. Just like I said: be a little bit smarter when criticizing Wii because saying Wii is too expensive (compared to xbox360 or PS3) kinda stupid
I agree. I don't know how anyone can think the Wii is expensive, but w/e.

and that if Wii is getting boring to you, it's because a)you played Wii nonstop or b)you're kinda of person that is never satisfied with ANYTHING in life and constantly required something new (well, if I eat lobster, steak everyday, I'll get sicked of it too!)
Not true. I am bored of the Wii because of the lack of quality games. I definitely haven't played it nonstop and it isn't option B because I haven't got bored with my 360 yet and I have had it for a lot longer than my Wii.

First of all, when I put Cooking Mama as an example, I meant that it was one of the most original, creative & innovative game, I didn't mean that it's a good game. WarioWare is, eventhough too short, still original and a fun game at a party that both xbox360 and PS3 don't have

Secondly, just like you, I think that Wii just go the way GC goes: only makes kiddie games, but look at Resident Evil, Scarface, The God Father, Driver, Mortal Kombat, and the upcoming Manhunt 2, those are not for kids! So maybe that a good sign that Nintendo already thought about their policy (like GC, during 3/4 of its life, all its games are kiddie games until toward the end, probably they realize that the reason they fall behind xbox & ps2 is because they lacked of adult (....I mean mature :wink: ) games. To be honest, I still don't think they're as open and liberal as Sony or Microsoft but I'm pretty much sure that they just don't make only kiddie games like before. Weighing 2 things: a little bit toward more adult games or a little bit toward more original & innovative games, I would prefer the latter because as an adult, there's nothing about adult material I haven't seen in the media :wink: It would be perfect if we could have both!

Lastly, the reason we don't get bored with xbox360 is because the online games, the interaction between human vs. human, not human & predictable machine. I bet you would have got bored with xbox360 way long time ago if it didn't have online games (steak is beef, right? But alot of us eat beef almost everyday but we don't get bored because there're alot of dishes that have beef. Just like Gears of War, people still playing like crazy. Why? Because they play with different people everyday.)

Back