Official Shiny Pokemon Discussion Thread

*sigh* nubz
Anyway, I've got important news, as it concerns me, Fox.
Caught 3 shiny Lotad on chains 40,41, and 42. Chain broke at 46.
2 female, one male.
Gentle(SwiftSwim), Brave(RainDish), and Timid(RainDish)
The Timid one could have been sweet, had it been Swift Swim. Oh well. All Lv.6 caught in Dive balls.
I would have posted this earlier today but my power has been out...
Working on another already, as I hope to be up all night. (TKA has a site meeting at my mate's house early tomorow)
CK, if you're still on, PM me for clones.

@Neosquid-A chain represents how many pokes you've killed in a row via Pokeradar.
You might as well wait on learning all this untill you've gotten and beaten Platinum.

Well I've been chaining Snorunt with incredibly minimal success but finally caught a shiny one. Unfortunately it's male and naughty even though I used a timid synchronizer. :mad5: The chain broke almost immediately after... not sure why, probably walked into a stupid spot accidentally. I'm gonna keep trying to get a female.

Meh, blizzard chaining sucks.
Got to 37 and 36 on Delibird. Got th 37 on Sneasel and Snorunt.
Got to 77 on Skarmory in falling ash. With only a 5% (or 8% can't remember) appearance rate, it was epic. Got an Impish skarm too!
@real-o You'd still want a shiny Glalie right?

Yeah this chaining in the snow sucks. I think I've found a pretty good spot on Route 216. I'm having to view the screen at a steep angle from above to see the spots clearly. That's a crazy Skarmory chain, Fox. Shiny Glalie is cool looking but I was still hoping for a female.

Yeah this chaining in the snow sucks. I think I've found a pretty good spot on Route 216. I'm having to view the screen at a steep angle from above to see the spots clearly. That's a crazy Skarmory chain, Fox. Shiny Glalie is cool looking but I was still hoping for a female.

Oh yeah, I know what you mean.
Skarm was fun, but I had to end it. It was almost 8AM by the time I had reached 77 I said screw it.
Yeah Venomoth's my highest with 94. Was SOOOO looking forward to a 100 chain and it blew up in my face.
I may try to chain something this weekend. Depends on what all I gotta get done with my truck.

94..... Jesus Fox, that's just crazy. XD I'd be happy if I got a 50 chain, none the less 94.

Ah, so you actually found a shiny Snorunt, Real-o? I can't imagine how annoying it must be to chain in the snow.. a damn shame it wasn't female.

I may remember having a shiny Hitmonchan in Crystal....I think it was from an egg. It had blue gloves.

Yeah, shiny Hitmonchan have blue gloves. Can't you get a Tyrogue from the daycare in crystal, which has a 50% chance of being shiny..?

Nick, check the pokemon social group. ;)

The probability formula is kinda redundant. All you really gotta know is you don't have a snowballs chance untill chain 39 and if you make it to 39, you might as well go for 40.
Yeah the grid thing is cool. The thing I hate is when people say "if you step here your chain WILL break".
You could reset thr radar, walk into a patch next to you, and it might not break. It's just likely.
Also, I've done the grass switch before without breaking my chain on Krabby. It was an accident but when I saw that my chain was still there I was like "yay!".
This person should have said that the lower the appearance rate of a pokemon is, the harder it is to chain.
20% is a good, easy poke.

:D My patience and persistence finally paid off. Caught 3 more shiny Snorunts at 40 chained, one male, two female. I also realized why my chain broke on the first shiny Snorunt I posted about... my synchronizer was a lower level than the pokemon at Route 216. :sleep: So ya, I'm dumb. Anyways, after being shutdown all week, today I chained to 40 and then took a little break, then came back and the first pokeradar use had a shiny, but I was too scared to try to synchronize it:

Male (Brave)
HP: 14
Atk: 7
Def: 23
Sp. Atk: 5
Sp. Def: 0
Spd: 1

Nice eh. So I continued shiny scanning for a short time and then came across this, still afraid to synchronize:

Female 1 (Jolly)
HP: 6
Atk: 26
Def: 30
Sp. Atk: 12
Sp. Def: 25
Spd: 28

This was my moment of triumph. Finally found what I was looking for. Chain was at 42 now, tied with my 3rd place record on that game, so I decided to continue until I found another shiny. It took about 25 more super repels worth of time and then I found it and decided to try to synchronize:

Female 2 (Timid)

HP: 5
Atk: 6
Def: 13
Sp. Atk: 11
Sp. Def: 6
Spd: 31

I lol'd when I saw those IVs. That's my luck though. After that, I decided to get the chain up as much as I could and took wild risks when choosing the next spot to go to. The chain broke at 47. This was the most challenging shiny chaining I've done so far, and Snorunt isn't even that rare. Glad it's over finally. On a sidenote, earlier today, I somehow found myself in a Tauros chain, which has only 2% encounter rate, but only made it to 11. Ones that rare must be so f'ing frustrating that I should probably never try them for real.

Yeah the grid thing is cool. The thing I hate is when people say "if you step here your chain WILL break".
You could reset thr radar, walk into a patch next to you, and it might not break. It's just likely.

Yeah there's no way to tell for sure if the chain will go on or not until you actually step on the grass. While chaining Snorunt, I went to plenty of spots that would be marked "4" on that grid and they broke the chain, and as you said, I went to ones right next to me that didn't break it. It's all up to chance.

0_-

Really? You did manage to find a female shiny Snorunt, and one with a 31 IV?! For lead Froslass, that's all that really matters, that perfect speed. Her defenses are crap anyways and they always use a sash, and her sp. atk isn't all that necesarry - it's either OHKO with a super effective hit, or 2HKO and waste your sash - IVs shouldn't matter that much, as long as it's not a 1.

Even if the IVs besides speed are junk, that Timid one is actually a very valuable lead Froslass IMO. Perfect for hail-stall teams. For finding an epic focus sash-Froslass Snorunt, and even finding a shiny female, congratulations! :D

Last edited:
Back