Official Shiny Pokemon Discussion Thread

And I have a shiny nothing. Once Platinum comes out, I hope to become a chaining master and get a lot of shinys. I doubt I can do better than Fox, however.....

Do better than Fox? ..XD You made me lol, Nick. I don't think anyone on Wiichat is, and ever will be, better than Fox. Not that I'm saying you can't be good, but being better than Fox, is like.. nearly impossible. Fox is the best chainer around, we do have other great chainers though. Still, you'd need to have talent with chaining right from the get go, or practice insanely hard. You'll need a lot of practice either way, though.

I know Nick, but acting as if someone can beat Fox.. Madness. XD The only people better than chaining at Fox are those youtube bigshots, who are the best in the world anyways. I doubt many of us can shake a Sudowoodo at his 94 Venomoth chain, eh?

Yeah, 94 is epic. Venomoth has only 10% encounter rate too, half that of Snorunt who gave me so much trouble. So yeah, totally epic. (I lol'd at the "shake a Sudowoodo" phrase)

I appreciate the godly praise, but chaining is so simple, I don't feel like I deserve it.
Real-o is the only active chainer at the moment, due to me working/new 360.
I probably wont chain anything for another week.
BTW, if anyone has a request, send me a PM, and when I get back to it, you'll be top of the list.
(Sorry CK, but remind me. You already had one, right?)
Also, some tips that are probably already known.
Static attracts electric pokemon. Magnet Pull attracts steels. Storm Drain attracts water types. Swarm attracts bugs. Cute Charm works like synchronize but for genders.
There are more, I'm sure.

Last edited:
Nice... I only knew about Static and Magnet Pull. I just read a little bit about abilities and their field effects. Cute Charm isn't exactly like Synchronize though... Cute Charm attracts pokemon of the opposite gender instead of the same. Also... the sites I looked at about abilities said Storm Drain has no field effect and Swarm "makes wild pokemon cries more frequent" (how useful!). Are you sure they have those effects you said, Fox? I didn't see any other abilities not mentioned here that would help with chaining.

Well, before trying storm drain, my Slowpoke chains ended in th teens & early 20s, after my first try with a dead Luminoen up front, it broke in the 60s.
I'm sure they both work, and yes, that's what I meant about Cute Charm.
I'm sure there's more effects we don't know about. I was going to investigate Flash Fire and Numel.

Wel, I actually tried to do a chain...

Bidoof- 23

....stupid Starly. I could have gone a lot longer too. Ill try chaining again tomorrow.

Eh? Really? Chaining already, Nick? Wow, that was quick. Congrats on your first long chain, 23's very good for your first time, even if Bidoof is easy.

So do I ... =/ All I've gotten was a measly Lickitung (and I hate Lickilicky) because me friend really wanted a Lickilicky. So I thought I'd get a shiny Lickilicky to tease him a bit. XD

Back