Opinions/advice on good multiplayer etiquette

Good tips Tamps but that probably should've gone in the GE tips thread.:thumbsup: I'd love to add some tips and bump the thread but i was the last poster. *cue for the rest of you guys to post there*

PS. I have never ever seen you sniping.

Last edited:
Yeah, snipin' for me is def a rarity! You aren't kidding there! I finished the prof's on those guns and just layed them to the side. Sometimes I'll equip a laser-Toros with snapshot/HH just to see how many run n' gun snipe-kills I can get, but other than that, I can't stand hiding behind a scope.

I wouldn't call it hiding, mainly cuz i like to be in the open when i snipe, albeit with a quick getaway route. An open vantage point provides a great view of the battlefield.

Ok... I think we can all say how much we hate hosts who rage quit. I think most will agree that people who go around and blow themselves up trying to get a cheap kill are funny... but useless and annoying.
Now here is some etiquette I have in mind and try to live (play) by...
If you wish to snipe... please do so without a team... conflict is good... because it is simply not very team-mateish... (cool word, eh?!!?) If you are really bad at a certain map, try to leave before it starts. (or again do conflict where you will not bother your team.) Get familiar with the maps... running when you need to be alert will get you killed EVERYTIME. DONT TAKE IT SO SERIOUSLY!!! It is a game meant for enjoyment... it is not life nor death. if someone is not following the rules... cheating and\or hacking... feel free to leave and point out here to others to be wary of that person. I have more... but I will leave it at that for now. Have fun out ther folks. Just remember... you are not taking a bullett... just the little dude in the game is.

Today I say someone using a masty on docks. Normally i wouldn't care but this guy was using the golden bullet hack. With the masty's spread this was just a nasty hack, this guy was 1-hit KO'ing me from across the map, and i was stacking bio booster and that other health thing.

Refraining from spawn killing new players joining your game would be nice, even though they are the easiest kills to get.

And to CIvany, I don't see anything wrong with sniping on team matches, or how it would bother people on my team aside from potentially taking kills that they may or may not have gotten on their own.

Ok, so I've been guilty of this before:
When a "gun" appears in thin air by itself in the place where a player is "about" to spawn, and then proxy'ing the spot...that is poor etiquette...LOL :devil:

Ok, so I've been guilty of this before:
When a "gun" appears in thin air by itself in the place where a player is "about" to spawn, and then proxy'ing the spot...that is poor etiquette...LOL :devil:

Careful though, if you put it before the gun appears the proxie will trigger.....and i'm guilty of the same as well, it is the most effective way of getting that IED accolade though.

Ah, I see what you mean now, I always have a few people running around with a sniper rifle on archives on my team.

Ok, so after a couple of weeks with a new profile and at level 14 now I feel like chiming back in on the whole etiquette subject.

If you cheated your way to level 56 by hacking or playing in hacked games its going to show at the end of each game when lower ranked players are consistently beating you. This is ultimately a game of strategy and skill, not who has the best weapons. The preset loadouts are sufficient for a player who has developed good skills to come out on top (most level 56 players who have started new profiles know this) and gives noobs access to weapons and loadouts that give them a fighting chance.

Overall, I think that playing strategically ultimately makes you a better player and will lead to you coming out on top in the end. You're only going to use combinations of weapons and gadgets that suit the situation or map. If players are using certain strategies or loadout combinations that you don't like then you have to adapt.

Not sure how “noobtubing” is such a problem. You only get two grenades a life and it requires some skill to aim and get a kill. If someone is using it exclusively then I don’t think they’re going to rank well in most games. If someone is “proxytonning” switch to a custom loadout that is competitive with that kind of play.

Conversely, if you notice a player using a pistol in a game, use yours. It’s quite rewarding to get kills with a pistol and a true sign of skill.

There are no rules in conflict mode. It’s observe and adapt or be eliminated. I’ll go up against “noobtubers” or “proxytonners” anytime with a preset SMG, Sniper or Shotgun loadout and expect to come out on top every time.

Back