original is better

crazytimes

WiiChat Member
Jun 17, 2010
Nintendo is just using the name of the great game that Rare made to get money from all you dumb people buying in to this garbage COD clone!

You know what, you may be 100% right. But this game gives me an excuse to play online games. As I'm sure is the case with many of you, I didn't want to buy into the massively-commercialized COD franchise which EVERYOBDY seemed to be playing. BUT! Goldeneye comes around....giving me a reason to pick this online FPS stuff up and give it a try.
In what other type of game can you move and react just as fast as your normal human instincts do? There IS a reason there are millions of people playing this stuff.

So did you buy the game too? Or did you come to a forum, specifically for this game, and take the 5 minutes of your day to post that? We're dumb? Really?

its not as great as the old one least they have online play i'm almost to classic mode maybe that will work out better

Don't get your hopes up about Classic Conflict, it's just regular conflict with skins of old Bond villians instead of the bland army-dude skin. Plus, if you are Oddjob you have no grenades, you have three hats to throw which just float through the air horribly.

killed my dreams

that just killed my dreams lol the levels really suck i miss the caves and the real facility now everyone wants to play sniper even if ur losing or heroes sucks when the other team aint bein a hero some idiot always tries to be a hero n they need a vote to kick for ur team for them cheaters

Complex with proximity mines was the best. Id hide out in the room upstairs. It was cheap, but fun. GE for N64 is the best mulitplayer game ever. I was always the helicopter pilot :))

I remember playing the stage that looked almost temple like (dam i cant remember the name) and having paintball lasers and shooting our names in the walls. Good times, good times.

They're 2 different monster I think. One, Goldeneye 64, set a precedent with the gaming and multiplayer style. The other, Goldeneye Wii, is modern and has online multiplayer.

For me, Goldeneye 64 is the Top Dog, is the Michael Jordan of the FPS's. It set the bar. But I love Goldeneye Wii also, is an excellent game!

Last edited:
things i miss from the original are ;

shootable lights.
On the 64 version shooting lights would visibly darken the area. a small detail and probably very easy to code into a game.

bum shots
shooting an unsuspecting guard up the jacksy on the 64 would result in a comical chuckle brothers hop.

Pierce Brosnan
say no more

the mystery island
gazing at the mystery island at the far side of the dam and wondering why it was there, could you get to it

double guns

one in each crossed over hand, John Woo style

Totally agree. It would also be awesome if you could play multiple people on the same console while online.

things i miss from the original are ;

shootable lights.
On the 64 version shooting lights would visibly darken the area. a small detail and probably very easy to code into a game.

bum shots
shooting an unsuspecting guard up the jacksy on the 64 would result in a comical chuckle brothers hop.

Pierce Brosnan
say no more

the mystery island
gazing at the mystery island at the far side of the dam and wondering why it was there, could you get to it

double guns

one in each crossed over hand, John Woo style

Nintendo is just using the name of the great game that Rare made to get money from all you dumb people buying in to this garbage COD clone!

I don't know man, it has many aspects of the old Bond game, but it also clearly has taken ideas from CoD. I think it was pretty obvious that if they wanted GoldenEye to be a success on the Wii, that it had to do at least some of the things that CoD does.

The thing I like about GE Wii is that the people who play do it for fun, it seems like CoD is all about being a combat simulator. This game is just fun...that's all there is to it. The story mode is pretty fun too, it's similar to the 64 version, but it's a little more intense in my opinion.

Though, when I bought this I was hoping it'd be more like an updated remake, rather than a completely new game.

Back