Over and underuse of charicters *spoilers*

@Dkw: ridley is a boss, not a character. Therefor, I'm not counting him as a rep.

NiGHTS and Simon Belmont would both be awesome characters, by the way.

GigaRidley said:
@Dkw: ridley is a boss, not a character. Therefor, I'm not counting him as a rep.

NiGHTS and Simon Belmont would both be awesome characters, by the way.

wat about birdie. u know that thing that kinda looks like yoshi. i hope its a sticker or a trophie.

sry i misspelled character....and this thread blew up, but i understand that its a jp market but its somthing to talk about....if you just wana come on and say "stop making conversations and dont talk and dont about the game" well its somthing to talk about and it keeps the hype rollin for the game...so relax broski

GigaRidley said:
I think that the characters that appeared in the first game should be in every game (that includes jiggly) but that's just my opinion.
i think so too, but jiggly wasnt in the original, was he?

Donny, about what you said earlier, I get the feeling that the Forbidden 7--which consist of Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, Plusle & Minun, Toon Zelda, Toon Shiek (wtf where's Tetra???),Mewtwo and Roy (I think)--are the characters theat the DLC Channel "Challenger Approaching" will have available for download.

oooh thnx...there is one more thing i have to ask. Do you think sakuri added 3 kirby characters b/c he "invented" kirby?

Actually Donny, I doubt he just put them in because he made kirby. What was stopping him from putting them in before now?
Anyway, I think the Kirby series finally got the number of reps it deserves, since the kirby series is one of the big mainstays of nintendo. But if they put any more in, I'm gonna have to go on my "metroid needs more reps" rampage again... and nobody wants that.

alright i could see that....you dont think ridley is too big? and does any1 think that bowser and charizard might be a tad bit simmilar?

I don't want this to get into a heated "Ridley is too big" argument, but Ridley could easily be downsized to join the roster, much like bowser. In fact, in the original metroid Ridley is only a few pixels taller than samus.

I dont think anything is necessarily overused .... as for underused everyone is saying metroid but you guys are forgetting the stages from Metroid are just plain gross I mean in Melee I used to avoid them cause they were so ugly... and the characters I mean yeckkk I dont mean to look like im comming down on the series to its fans but I think they used just the right amount of metroid stuff so for underused i'll have to say.... Sonic series considiring they seem to only have sonic as playable from that series

GigaRidley said:
I don't want this to get into a heated "Ridley is too big" argument, but Ridley could easily be downsized to join the roster, much like bowser. In fact, in the original metroid Ridley is only a few pixels taller than samus.
Don't get me wrong I like Ridley but I don't think he's a character as much as the other characters are in Brawl and that's what Brawl is about the characters, with a story built on them, now I don't know much about Ridley other than he's a Monster that Samus kills, Bowser has a backstory and so does Ganandorf, that's why I don't think he's a character, he's a monster, therefore he's a boss:lol: .

@ Hyde14:
1) I love Sonic, but he's both a newcomer and a 3rd party character, so I think that this time around, 1 is enough. Next time I expect to see maybe knuckles and tails.
2)Gross??? I loved the Metroid stages in melee, I didn't think they were gross!
Eww... there's some mold on one of the platforms... that's disgusting...
Seriously, the THEME of Metroid is a cool/creepy sci-fi feel, and anyway, the stages this time aren't nearly as "ugly" (space frigate orpheon doesn't have mold, yipee)
As for characters, what do you mean "Yeckkkk" the only gross characters I can think of are Kraid and Mother Brain but there's no way they'd be characters, they're too big and can't be resized. Ridley, on the other hand...

sonic hardly deserves to be in the game itself.....SEGA is not NINTENDO and this is a NINTENDO game. If SEGA still had there own system they could be making a SEGA fighting game but since they went bankrupt and cant they have to outsource there games and characters so dont give me any nonsence about not having enough sonic characters

Back