Ps3 folding at home

Wii&Ps3 said:
I included my laptop to show it wasnt someone elses picture.

First of all, you say you own both a wii and ps3, but all i see in that picture is a ps3 and there is no way to tell who's computer that is. And you must have no common sense, because i was exaggerating on purpose when i was talking about medical experts. Plus, even if that helmet crack wasn't so stupid and overused, I wouldn't have to remove any helmet i can see out of in order to type. Normally, I'd swear at you or something, but you're not worth it.

Last edited:
vagrant said:
Did you not read the quote I was replying to? That has nothing to do with the fact that he said the PC has no good games.

And you don't need a $3000 computer to play crysis will full graphics lmao.

Are you kidding me?

The graphic card and windows vista ALONE well be well over 1000 dollars. Not to mention to probably run it well enough by the time it releases you will probably need 2 video cards to run SLI to play it at 60 fps and a good resolution. Sure its easily playable and enjoyable at 30fps, but if we are talking full graphics we are going to talk about 60fps.
Also if you take into account all the other components (if we are assuming the person has no monitor that can also be included) if will easily hit 3000 if not more.

Ruman said:
First of all, you say you own both a wii and ps3, but all i see in that picture is a ps3 and there is no way to tell who's computer that is. And you must have no common sense, because i was exaggerating on purpose when i was talking about medical experts. Plus, even if that helmet crack wasn't so stupid and overused, I wouldn't have to remove any helmet i can see out of in order to type. Normally, I'd swear at you or something, but you're not worth it.

Hey Stevie wonder OPEN YOUR EYES! I will edit the picture just for you. Here ya go.

P1010862-1.jpg

I even circled your name on my laptop. Obviously you didnt understand the purpose of the helmet. If I have to explain it, then it truly proves my point.

I'll add my two cents...

If someone pays all that cash for the PS3 to have it running full load nearly all the time in order to run a program, that will seriously kill the life span of the system... and what a waste that would be. Consider all the heat... even if the Wii were able to run the program, I wouldn't. That what computers are for. And I used to use those programs a few years ago, nearly 24/7 straight. (don't yo dare argue the fact the PS3 is a computer... :lol: :p )

Tyr10 said:
Are you kidding me?

The graphic card and windows vista ALONE well be well over 1000 dollars. Not to mention to probably run it well enough by the time it releases you will probably need 2 video cards to run SLI to play it at 60 fps and a good resolution.

No, it won't cost $1000. And you basically just admitted you don't know for sure what card you would need. Every playable demonstration they have had for crysis, had it using max graphic settings using the Nvidia 8800.

vagrant said:
No, it won't cost $1000. And you basically just admitted you don't know for sure what card you would need. Every playable demonstration they have had for crysis, had it using max graphic settings using the Nvidia 8800.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814143076

its looks to me that this card is 800 dollars without tax. Simple math (its 15% tax here where I live) the card comes out to be around 920 dollars.

920 dollars alone for the card. No one knows how much vista is (to the best of my knowledge) but I can tell you when it first comes out it probably wont cheap.

So how will the operating system and the single video card not surpass 1000 dollars?

And to reply to the statement of not knowing what card to "need". Well again if its full graphics no one knows what card we will need or any of the hardware. We can only speculate. But you are going to need an absolute monster of a rig, and if you think you can get a computer that will play everything max on a high resolution under $2500 you are sorely mistaken.

You could make your point a bit more stable if you didn't look for the most expensive 8800 card you could find.

And I gurantee I can build a pc from parts via www.tigerdirect.com using the 8800 that will power crysis to it's full graphical settings.

And you do realize the game doesn't come out for almost a year right? Meaning there is going to be a LOT more graphics cards out that will support Directx10.

Last edited:
Dont you think in the tech demos they are using the most powerful 8800?

Also yes in the future there will definately be more Dx10 cards but they will all be expensive upon release, and a single 8800 wont probably cut it (for full graphics and fps) when it releases, but its all speculation at this point because there is no official requirements yet, although if you go on any crysis board most people would agree at this point right now it would take a 2500-3000 dollar computer to run at maximum graphics if its possible at all at this point.

Last edited:
This is why I dont play computer games. I dont have to worry about my computer being able to handle games or not. Whatever games come out for the ps3, I know it will play them perfectly. Computers are outdated every single year. However if your computer can handle crysis, then it should be fine with every game for the next year or two at least.

Wii&Ps3 said:
This is why I dont play computer games. I dont have to worry about my computer being able to handle games or not. Whatever games come out for the ps3, I know it will play them perfectly. Computers are outdated every single year. However if your computer can handle crysis, then it should be fine with every game for the next year or two at least.

Agreed. They r such a money hog to have to keep updating for computer games.. Consoles > PC in overall cost down the road

Wii&Ps3 said:
I see Ruman never replied back. Typical :rolleyes:

I didn't reply because I'm not a nerd who spends nearly every waking moment of his life on the computer. You see, unlike you, I have a life outside of video games and the Internet and bragging about my job. And I see both you and sovieto are banned...i wonder why? Even though it's obvious that it's a joke in your case...

Last edited:
Wii&Ps3 said:
I see your from Utah, that explains alot.

I wanted to quote myself because I was watching "my super ex girlfriend tonight". Luke Wilson told Anna Faris to move out of town. He said "go to Utah, wait dont go there it sucks."

Sorry Steele Froggy but im not the only one who thinks that :lol:

Ruman said:
I didn't reply because I'm not a nerd who spends nearly every waking moment of his life on the computer. You see, unlike you, I have a life outside of video games and the Internet and bragging about my job. And I see both you and sovieto are banned...i wonder why? Even though it's obvious that it's a joke in your case...

Typical :rolleyes:

Back