PS3 or Wii

Quite a hard choice but in end i think ill end up playing the PS3 more. I own a 360 and a Wii at the moment and play them equally but i loved the PS2 so much, i cant imagine not wanting to play the PS3 less than the Wii.

billm0066 said:
Take those away from the ps3 and your left with a wii :ee5k: . rfom is better than zelda. The people in rfom actually speak real words. The ai are smarter in rfom. Online capabilities. Better weapons. Zelda is not a bad game, but once you beat it then its over. I can play rfom online anytime I want and will never get sick of it.

One of the dumbest posts I have seen this week. Congratulations. Seriously though...did you just compare zelda to resistance by saying resistance has......better weapons?

....And using online capabilities to compare a shooter to an adventure rpg game......

And an ARPG's ai....to a shooter's ai......

And Zelda doesn't have voice actors for a very very good reason. Being that it is one of the most profitable gaming franchises, they would not only have to pay the voice actors loads if they want them to be any good(which they need to other wise millions of zelda fans would be pissed) but you know there is going to be many more zelda games, which would mean contracts otherwise you are probably going to have a lot of changes in voice actors. And not to mention it is an ADVENTURE RPG game.

Wow now that I type it all out, that might actually be thee most retarded post of the week.

Jesse said:
Just wondering why all PS3 fanboys can only say this.

Really. Wii already know that. How about better games. I still haven't seen PS3 games top Zelda yet. Please tell us something non-graphical or hardware based about the PS3.

Better games? That's a pretty brash statement to be making... What makes you sure the Wii's games are "better"? The Xbox360 and PS3 have alot of games that could very well constitute "better" games, because to be honest, the currently available Wii titles (and some expected ones) really have not wowwed me as much as other platforms titles have.

It really breaks my heart to be writing this, because I'm a huge Nintendo fan and have never owned a non-Nintendo console (I was rather skeptical to even allow my mates PS2 into the house) but now... So many good titles are going to the other platforms, so many dark, mature, grown-up titles. Why can't we have games like that on a Nintendo platform? Some of you would probably say "But Ezekiel what about Resident Evil/Saddness?" I credit you, those fit the bill, but Nintendo have already done those (I'm not saying I wouldn't play/love them though) but my point is it simply is not enough.

When you rock up at your local EB/Gamestop/Wherever else you buy your games, what do you see when you look at the PS2 section? Tonnes and tonnes of 3rd party games, some that may be good, others that may not, but a good 90% of them look very grown up, and relatable for an older audience who can grasp more complex elements of gameplay/plot which enriches the gaming experience/adds the the emotional impact of the game. But what do you see when you look at the Nintendo section? Not a whole lot other than "Sponge Bob" and "Winnie the Pooh" for the most part, maybe the odd copy of "Mary Kate and Ashlee", or "Madden 200X" or something equally as unappetising to play.

I seriously hope Nintendo pull themselves together with the Wii, so far they seem to be making similar mistakes as with the Gamecube. At least Sony/Microsoft appear more open-minded about which games to lisence, whereas Nintendo seem too picky, either that, or the developers are deliberately staying away from them (and if that is the case they deserve to be poked with a very large stick). I will withdraw everything I said if I see a game published on the Wii by Ritual, Valve, or ID Software.

As of today, I have a PS3 and a Wii. IMHO they go together very well (kind of like peanut butter and jelly).

Kherrek508 said:
As of today, I have a PS3 and a Wii. IMHO they go together very well (kind of like peanut butter and jelly).
BOOO!Wii60!!!!for life!!
360.gif

we wouldnt be on this site if we didnt love wii :p

and theres lots of time for Nintendo/3rd Parties to make good wii titles for T+

Last edited:
psychono2 said:
BOOO!Wii60!!!!for life!!

Ok Kherrek, just look at The Wii60 fanbase. Now, look at the PS3+Wii fanbase. The latter sucks and for good reason. Nothing but random "M$ sucks photoshops" some of which do not even relate to the xbox at all. There are even disses on Nintendo. No forum, and definatly no online podcast :ciappa: So, Kherrek508. Realize that the PS3 and wii go together like ice cream and crap. Try and figure out which one is the crap...
1897.png

Last edited:
Ezekiel86 said:
Better games? That's a pretty brash statement to be making... What makes you sure the Wii's games are "better"? The Xbox360 and PS3 have alot of games that could very well constitute "better" games, because to be honest, the currently available Wii titles (and some expected ones) really have not wowwed me as much as other platforms titles have.

It really breaks my heart to be writing this, because I'm a huge Nintendo fan and have never owned a non-Nintendo console (I was rather skeptical to even allow my mates PS2 into the house) but now... So many good titles are going to the other platforms, so many dark, mature, grown-up titles. Why can't we have games like that on a Nintendo platform? Some of you would probably say "But Ezekiel what about Resident Evil/Saddness?" I credit you, those fit the bill, but Nintendo have already done those (I'm not saying I wouldn't play/love them though) but my point is it simply is not enough.

When you rock up at your local EB/Gamestop/Wherever else you buy your games, what do you see when you look at the PS2 section? Tonnes and tonnes of 3rd party games, some that may be good, others that may not, but a good 90% of them look very grown up, and relatable for an older audience who can grasp more complex elements of gameplay/plot which enriches the gaming experience/adds the the emotional impact of the game. But what do you see when you look at the Nintendo section? Not a whole lot other than "Sponge Bob" and "Winnie the Pooh" for the most part, maybe the odd copy of "Mary Kate and Ashlee", or "Madden 200X" or something equally as unappetising to play.

I seriously hope Nintendo pull themselves together with the Wii, so far they seem to be making similar mistakes as with the Gamecube. At least Sony/Microsoft appear more open-minded about which games to lisence, whereas Nintendo seem too picky, either that, or the developers are deliberately staying away from them (and if that is the case they deserve to be poked with a very large stick). I will withdraw everything I said if I see a game published on the Wii by Ritual, Valve, or ID Software.

Ok, there are many games that might be considered kiddy, an I agree that there are some really stupid looking games *coughopenseasoncough*. There are, however, some great games. Zelda:Twilight Princess is the best zelda game since Ocarina Of Time. If you play this game, you will find that it is extremely fun and well made.

Now, Playstation 3 has almost NO games worth playing. All but a couple games suck, and only provide a "pretty picture" to stare at hours on end:D . Nintendo Owns many legendary icons, like Mario and Zelda. Sony...? Not quite. I did like Resistance: Fall of Man at my friend's house, but otherwise his other games sucked.

Sony is being an idiot, and only brought new HD graphics and larger memory. They basically made a computer! Who the heck wants a computer! I already got some! And don't even try to use the old "6 axis" trick, they stole that idea from Nintendo for sure. Most people prefer gameplay over graphics, which is exactly what the Wii has.
Whew! Ok! I feel better now. Sorry I hope that this didn't tick you off too much, because I don't like stupid online fights. They're stupid!:frown2:

the wii has got to be far better, it bring you closer to the game... and you can still do all the other crp that the ps3 can do like play music and stuff.... the only bad thing about wii is it doesnt play cds or dvds.....

As far as i am concernd the PS3 has gone way too far, its a games console not a HD dvd player with all the computer stuff in it... they should keep it alittle more simple and left it with gaming and stuff, mybee photes and music still... but they have took it too far.

LA33R said:
... As far as i am concernd the PS3 has gone way too far, its a games console not a HD dvd player with all the computer stuff in it...

actually it's not a games console it's a "computer entertainment system".
they didn't go too far, they put out a product and it is what it is.

Last edited:
Wii

I think that its better for 360 owners to have a wii instead of a ps3. I have a 360 myself, and I thought it was better to buy a wii. Im not sure how different the ps3 is from the 360, but the wii is definitely different from the ps3. I dont regret anything from buying the wii over the ps3, the games never get boring...

buckyfellini said:
actually it's not a games console it's a "computer entertainment system".
they didn't go too far, they put out a product and it is what it is.

I fail to see how a device named the Playstation 3 can be a computer entertainment system. It may have some computer features, but at the end of the day it is a game console just like it's predecessors.

If you want graphics and blu ray: PS3

If you want a revolutionised way to play games and have family bonding fun: Wii

Last edited:
Tjharwin said:
I fail to see how a device named the Playstation 3 can be a computer entertainment system. It may have some computer features, but at the end of the day it is a game console just like it's predecessors.

i was just quoting what Sony calls it is all ... like u say below, which i agree with 100% btw, it is what you want it to be.

as a matter of fact i use the browser, video, blu-ray and music capabilities of the PS3 a hell of a lot more than i do the games. the wii is just so fun.

If you want graphics and blu ray: PS3

If you want a revolutionised was to play games and have family bonding fun: Wii

Back