PS3 or Wii

re

No Smoking said:
The wii will probably sell more for a few reasons
1- you dont need to get a loan to buy it
2-Everyone hates sony
3-There are more available
4-The new game play will probably attract many new people to gaming

1. get a new job if you cant afford $500. Its not that much money.
2. alot of people prefer sony. How many sony products do you see? HOw many nintendo products?
3. very true, but its not hard to build more of a product that has very little features.
4. it will definitely attract the younger generation. I see little kids with a ds all the time.

1-$500 is a lot to pay for a piece of ****.
2-Sony was very good until a guy named Kaz Hirai came along...
3-Little features? Backwards compatibility, motion sensing, VC, news, weather, email, and internet browsers. Very configurable controllers with all the add-ons. All packed into the smallest package out of the three contenders.
4-Older people will be attracted. The reason Nintendo is popular with kids is how they think of what the gamer would want rather than shoving blue ray crap in their face.

The reason kids like the wii is because they like having fun with FUN games not about watching DVDs or looking at pretty movie scenes. And I like having fun too and I'm 14. My mam's 40 and the Wii is the first game console she ever played with one of her friends so I think the Wii isn't for little kids. Its for everyone who wants to have fun.

The Wii will succeed for many reasons, most of which are covered already so I wont go back over them again. In the long run once Wii outnumbers all other consoles in peoples homes around the world(Which it will because it has the broadest audience of any console) Then you will see a flood of 3rd party games and many MUST HAVE games which we have yet to even imagine.

Sony on the otherhand hand has narrowed its userbase by stretching the pricepoint of the PS beyond the level of "reasonable". Less PS3's in peoples homes means less people to buy games, means less $$(market share) for third party developers, means that many of them are going to be developing for Nintendo again.

The whole picture is very basic. Wii has a much cheaper and shorter game development and a larger user base to buy the games which are produced for it. This means that companies who develop Fun and imaginative games for it will see enormous returns on their investment(profit) and people who own Wii's will have ALOT more choice when it comes to buying a new game. PS3 games will require more $ and time to develop not to mention that there wont be as many users to buy those games. Therefore companies will make fewer PS3 games and owners of the PS3 will have less games to choose from, thereby reducing peoples desire to buy the PS3 because it has no good games.

Result..... Market shift from Sony to Nintendo

Isn't that what kinda happened to the Gamecube. It only had some good games. Don't think I'm contradicting you, your totally in the right with the PS3, I wish the gamecube had better games. OH well, now we have the Wii :D

yes now my parents are asking ME to hookup the wii so they can play.

LOL.. yea my mom plays it all the time.. She brags to her co-workers in the bank about it and tells everyone how much fun it is.. Now my grand dad is also buying one for the game room in his retirement building.... :p

5010 said:
The Wii will succeed for many reasons, most of which are covered already so I wont go back over them again. In the long run once Wii outnumbers all other consoles in peoples homes around the world(Which it will because it has the broadest audience of any console) Then you will see a flood of 3rd party games and many MUST HAVE games which we have yet to even imagine.

Sony on the otherhand hand has narrowed its userbase by stretching the pricepoint of the PS beyond the level of "reasonable". Less PS3's in peoples homes means less people to buy games, means less $$(market share) for third party developers, means that many of them are going to be developing for Nintendo again.

The whole picture is very basic. Wii has a much cheaper and shorter game development and a larger user base to buy the games which are produced for it. This means that companies who develop Fun and imaginative games for it will see enormous returns on their investment(profit) and people who own Wii's will have ALOT more choice when it comes to buying a new game. PS3 games will require more $ and time to develop not to mention that there wont be as many users to buy those games. Therefore companies will make fewer PS3 games and owners of the PS3 will have less games to choose from, thereby reducing peoples desire to buy the PS3 because it has no good games.

Result..... Market shift from Sony to Nintendo

Very good point. I agree with you

im not a wii or a ps3 owner myself but) .. im getting my wii around christmas time_! yey!----

But personally..for graphics..ps3..for gameplay and fun and so every one can play it..the wii...
..its cheaper...and personally i think its better

pshh ps3 sucks for graphics,360 for graphics,wii for best time ive had playing a game.beside chopping people up in xbox live:lol:

I HATE SONY!!! GRRR:mad5: well kinda... i do have a ps2 but den i got a 360, realized just how crap sony are and threw my old friend out the window.... litreally!!! anyway the wii n 360 are the consoles u shud even tink bout getin... in my opinion

Back