PS3 or Wii

To me, Wii is a GameCube with the left half of the GameCube controller plus a glorified light gun. :prrr:

For me, $599 PS3 feels like a bargain, but $250 Wii feels overpriced.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, right? :D

ddslee said:
To me, Wii is a GameCube with the left half of the GameCube controller plus a glorified light gun. :prrr:

For me, $599 PS3 feels like a bargain, but $250 Wii feels overpriced.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, right? :D

it was my opinion :ciappa:

ddslee said:
PS3 60GB = $599 (Built-in WiFi and Blu-ray player)

Xbox 360 20GB = $399
WiFi Adaptor = $99
HD-DVD Player = $199
Total = $697

PS3 is a bargain compared to Xbox 360. Xbox 360 should be selling for $100 less to be competitive against PS3.

umm yeah those are all addons i believe so microsoft is giving you an option to buy it or not as in all i want is a dvd player and gaming console so i wont buy those addons . as in sony is shoving some test product up our asses that may or maynot go the way of the betamax lol betamax vs vhs =vhs , vhs vs dvd =dvd won hence the suckccess of the ps2, now blu-ray vs hd dvd = winner wii lol nah joking dunno ganna be good though to see who wins

Wii, no question about it. In my honest opinion the Wii could very well possibly knock Sony down a few notches in the current context of the video game meta.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but the PS3 is so eagerly wanted because so many want to sell it. Who wants to actually play it? Although if more people played it, more would probably realize all the technical bugs that haven't been hammered out yet in the blu-ray player.

The Wii on the other hand is the only console that shows that the future of the gaming industry instead of being a toy industry (play with it until it breaks), will actually be a service industry. The capabilities of the Wii are virtually endless, we all know this if we are using this forum, right?

The award goes to:

Wii

Last edited:
SixStringedStress said:
Wii, no question about it. In my honest opinion the Wii could very well possibly knock Sony down a few notches in the current context of the video game meta.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but the PS3 is so eagerly wanted because so many want to sell it. Who wants to actually play it? Although if more people played it, more would probably realize all the technical bugs that haven't been hammered out yet in the blu-ray player.

The Wii on the other hand is the only console that shows that the future of the gaming industry instead of being a toy industry (play with it until it breaks), will actually be a service industry. The capabilities of the Wii are virtually endless, we all know this if we are using this forum, right?

The award goes to:

Wii

x360 is OK but it is nothign compared to the wii. The coolest part of the Wii is probably how its spelled. Don't you think?

re

You guys act like the wii remote is so awesome. Honestly I think its not that great. On the main screen why does the hand twitch everytime I move it? Full batteries, and the sensor bar is in perfect position. I cant even count how many times ive been on the main menu and the hand disappears. I'm moving the remote in every single direction and finally it finds it after about 20seconds. I dont care for the six axis controller, but at least it works 100% of the time. Doesnt need new batteries every week either :cool: Just plug it in and let it charge. PLus I can walk into any electronic store and actually purchase an extra controller if I want one. I can see it now. All the little kids will be fighting each other to play the wii since theres only one remote and the stores are all sold out. It kind of defeats the purpose of the wii doesnt it?

I would actually consider the wii remote as accurate as the super scope for super nintendo. Well maybe a little better.

You guys act like the wii remote is so awesome. Honestly I think its not that great. On the main screen why does the hand twitch everytime I move it? Full batteries, and the sensor bar is in perfect position. I cant even count how many times ive been on the main menu and the hand disappears. I'm moving the remote in every single direction and finally it finds it after about 20seconds. I dont care for the six axis controller, but at least it works 100% of the time. Doesnt need new batteries every week either Just plug it in and let it charge. PLus I can walk into any electronic store and actually purchase an extra controller if I want one. I can see it now. All the little kids will be fighting each other to play the wii since theres only one remote and the stores are all sold out. It kind of defeats the purpose of the wii doesnt it?

You won't find it twitch during game play. As to the rest of your comments about the cursor, unless your spazzing with the remonte, you are greatly exaggerating. It would seem to me that the rest of us are having much ease with it, leading me to believe that the remote is fine. Just relax with it.

Also, I work for an electronic retailer. Whenever consoles are in, so are the spare controllers so people are getting their controllers. Obviously, lots of people are getting stocked on controllers if they are sold out. Sort of defeats the purpose of your argument doesn't it?

Edit:
I forgot to mention, I have 4 remotes and 4 nunchucks. I have had my Wii since release date. I have replaced the batteries in two remotes only once. I don't play 24 hours a day, but I get good game time in with 4 players often.

Last edited:
billm0066 said:
You guys act like the wii remote is so awesome. Honestly I think its not that great. On the main screen why does the hand twitch everytime I move it? Full batteries, and the sensor bar is in perfect position. I cant even count how many times ive been on the main menu and the hand disappears. I'm moving the remote in every single direction and finally it finds it after about 20seconds. I dont care for the six axis controller, but at least it works 100% of the time. Doesnt need new batteries every week either :cool: Just plug it in and let it charge. PLus I can walk into any electronic store and actually purchase an extra controller if I want one. I can see it now. All the little kids will be fighting each other to play the wii since theres only one remote and the stores are all sold out. It kind of defeats the purpose of the wii doesnt it?

yeah i get those twitches too maybe some kind of interference or maybe your senseativity is set to high dunno ..but ive read some where on another forum that ps3 loses connection completely while playing games dont remember where i read it ill look for the link though just imagine playing a game last life last boss booom lose connection ohh well start over lol.as for the wii all the times i played games on it i have not once lose connection or have laggy controls.. and there are such things as rechargable batteries. also some usb ports go bad after awhile making connection bad where you have to push it to one side to make it actually connect happend to my 4 year old computer lol

i ask you how old you are cause earlier you talked about you wernt rich and still had money to save to buy both systems...ummm...i am not rich and i save money and i have bills do you?? or do you at home with mommy and daddy and have no bills so all your money can go to save.

Back