Reasons people haven't come up with for why the PS3 is a failure.

Sovieto said:
youre wrong on the end part

Well i wasnt sure about that but Akaline cannot be recharged im pretty sure, so unless the Charger comes with batteries i think you would need to buy Some lithium or Nickel, which are pretty much standard Digital camera batteries.

ok thanks guys for answering that

allright i don't hate the system, if someone gave me one i wouldn't sell it or anything, but i kinda dislike it and the reason for this (probably going to get flamed for this) is cause there is a lo tof negativity to it and lack of sales

so basically i don't like it cause a lot of other people don't like it....

this is because i like sharing games with my friends(just yesterday i temporarily traded my super paper mario for someone's metroid prime 1) and developers tend to make games for the system that is doing the best and personally, i do not see sony as a good game developer.....everytime someone disses their games the only defense to ps3 is motorstorm and resistence(allthough(trying to be open-minded here) i guess you can say that's twilight princess and super paper mario for wii) like look two of the best games that are coming out are ff and mgs, both games come from third party developers

so yeah i think i'm just going to stick to my wii, sorry if i made any run on sentences or stuff like that, but i'm pretty tired.............if the ps3 gets more mommentum than the 360(which i have my doubts) i might buy it

gamercon...really^^ what about the 64dd

Last edited:
Well its really hard to have an opinion on it right now Because its really at launch still and a lot of people seem to pretend its been out for 2 years and hasnt had any good games.

I have NO IDEA why There is so much PS3 bashing i honestly dont know.

My Theory Is: Everyone that bitches about the PS3 blowsing ass and whatnot, They dont own one. I think some of it is jealousy. Well i dont have that but it sucks anyway. People are trying to convince themselves that it sucks because they cant get one.the sales arent as bad as you mention btw. Proportionally the PS3 is doing alot better than the Xbox 360.

Im gonna agree with Gamercon about the Addons, The only ones i liked was the gameboy pak for N64 ( i would consider the Mem upgrde but it came with a few games) I dont really consider Controllers add ons but Having alot of good controllers is always good... cuz i where them out............or i get really pissed

Just wait man, dont pressure yourself into buying one, If you see in the future theres definite Games you wanna paly on it and it looks good then get one. Sony has been Hinting towards Price Drops so maybe you will get one after that. Also For a game comnig out Really soon THE DARKNESS looks ****nig sweet, I know i know... " its on 360 too!!" well i have played enough 360and enough ports to PS3. The PS3 version will look better and i will get less lag ( plus i dont risk the System Breaking my dam disc!!)

Last edited:
yeah i could afford it, only 17 with 2 jobs but the only reason i'd get it is for ff and tony hawk games(i haven't tried downhill jam, but i imagine the control sucks) i just was never interested in franchises like killzone or god of war, i don't think i'd ever get a 360 though, just not my style of games at all

the only reason i like halo is cause red vs blue

I dont like buying add ons but i will where neccisary. I did get the 32 bit expansion thing for N64 cause i got Majoras Mask and Perfect dark. I still think its funny they called it the N64 cause it was a 64 bit system... after the expansion. Keep tricking kids Nintendo, they dont know what your talking about anyways.

Im not worried about people bashing the PS3, they all did the same with PS1/2. Now those people say the PS is the best console ever made. The more someone says about it, the more words they have to eat.

The PS3 will be the smallest system of the three. With nintendo making a DVD player for it plus an external HDD.The 360 with its HD Drive is bigger then the PS3, plus its huge power supply.

oh i don't want to be a jerk and say "ITs to expensive" because i can see why it is, but even if buy it andmy favourite games, i just don't think i'll ever get my money's worth, maybe later if they reveal some kick-ass franchise that appeals to me, but even so that would jus tbe one more game, i feel like i could take a trip to florida for that money and have the time of my life for three days, rather stuck in my basement for a couple of hours per week

If I had the money i would get an HD 50" plasma tv, theres a lot i could do with that money but i would want to get that.

It really all depends on what you want more.

mushroomedmario said:
oh i don't want to be a jerk and say "ITs to expensive" because i can see why it is, but even if buy it andmy favourite games, i just don't think i'll ever get my money's worth, maybe later if they reveal some kick-ass franchise that appeals to me, but even so that would jus tbe one more game, i feel like i could take a trip to florida for that money and have the time of my life for three days, rather stuck in my basement for a couple of hours per week

lol i live in the florida keys .... and i have a PS3...i like the PS3 better....

The PS3 is a truly great console. Ive played it on Hi-Def and believe me, what a machine. The only reason why I havent got one yet is due to the price, even tho, the price is reasonable considering what you get with it. A Blue Ray player alone will cost you somewhere in the £800 mark.
Its lack of games at the moment isnt giving it justice however just think in 12 months time......It will probably dominate again!
I bought the wii for tha fact its cheap and its fun for all the family. My daughter loves playing on it.

GamerCon said:
I dont like buying add ons but i will where neccisary. I did get the 32 bit expansion thing for N64 cause i got Majoras Mask and Perfect dark. I still think its funny they called it the N64 cause it was a 64 bit system... after the expansion.

The CPU powering Nintendo 64 is a MIPS R4300i-based NEC VR4300.[6] The CPU is clocked at 93.75 MHz and connects to the rest of the system through a 32-bit data bus. VR43045 is a RISC 5-stage scalar in-order execution processor with an integrated floating point unit. It is a 64-bit processor, in that it has 64-bit registers, a 64-bit instruction set, and 64-bit internal data paths. However, the cost-reduced NEC VR4300 CPU utilized in the console only has 32-bit buses whereas more powerful MIPS CPUs are equipped with 64-bit buses.[7] Many games took advantage of the chip's 32-bit processing mode as the greater data precision available with 64-bit data types is not typically required by 3D games. Also 64-bit data uses twice as much RAM, cache, and bandwidth thereby reducing the overall system performance.[8] This was later taken advantage of by emulators such as the UltraHLE and Project 64 that had to run on 32-bit Intel systems. These emulators performed most calculations at 32-bit precision, and trapped the few OS subroutines that actually made use of 64-bit instructions.

The CPU has an internal 32 KiB L1 cache but no L2 cache. It was built by NEC on a 0.35 µm process and consisted of 4.6 million transistors. The CPU is cooled passively by an aluminum heatspreader that makes contact with a steel heat sink above.

Nintendo 64's graphics and audio duties are performed by the 64-bit SGI co-processor, named the "Reality Co-Processor". The RCP is a 62.5 MHz chip split internally into two major components, the "Reality Drawing Processor" (RDP) and the "Reality Signal Processor" (RSP). Each area communicates with the other by way of a 128-bit internal data bus that provides 1.0 GB/s bandwidth. The RSP is a MIPS R4000-based 8-bit integer vector processor. It is programmable through microcode, allowing the chip's functions to be significantly altered if necessary, to allow for different types of work, precision, and workloads.[9] The RSP performs transform, clipping and lighting calculations, triangle setup.

Keep tricking kids Nintendo, they dont know what your talking about anyways.

Sony is as guilty as Nintendo
Maddox said:
Then there was the "rootkit" debacle, where Sony secretly installed hidden bullshit on your computer. One of Sony BMG's presidents handled the situation with the delicacy of a gang rape with this quote: "Most people, I think, don't even know what a rootkit is, so why should they care about it?" Good point, ****-head!

The PS3 will be the smallest system of the three. With nintendo making a DVD player for it plus an external HDD.The 360 with its HD Drive is bigger then the PS3, plus its huge power supply.

Have you actually seen any of the consoles apart from the PS3?
Dvd playback for the Wii can be done through a simple firmware update. Modders have already go the wii to play DVD's. It wont make the Wii triple in size.:wtf:

The PS3 is 8,726.9 cubic cm, the Wii is 1,720 cubic cm. So you reason that the external HDD for the Wii will be more than five times the size of the Wii...........that is ridiculous.

Give it time. Sony will have a ton of games. Just like in the past, they will have tons of developers making games for them. Mind you, not all will be good. Maybe i'm wrong, but Sony seems to care more about quantity then quality when it came to alot of games in previous systems IMO. I'm not saying there are no good games. I just think there were way too many licensed games that really should have spent another 6 months with developers and testers before they got released. $50 (now $60) can be alot for some people who are buying games. Make what they pay worth their money.

Cause the Wii has nothing but quality games. Its not like they are just trying to cash in on its success by making as many as possible.

PS has more quality games then Nintendo, which is why the N64 and GC didnt do to well.

A lot of things install secretly, Sony didnt start the trend nor were they the first ones to do it. Its just like when someones running for president people try to dig up as much crap as possible. Do you have anything besides the "rootkit" incident? Nintendo's got a dirty past, much dirtier past.

In your opinion, maybe, but personally, I've seen more replay value out of my XBOX and Nintendo system games then I have with PS games. But thats me. So I feel they have more QUALITY games.

I would Say i have more quality out of My Nintendo and PS systems. Nintendo has alot of Quality games and most Can get to be Very long games, So in my opinion thats somewhat what makes a game great, Its good enough to be 30+ hours. Xbox Fails like Hell at quality. ill Admit I have one and palyed it all the time with friends but when i was alone....It didnt do me ****. Just like today Xbox 1s library mostly Consisted of FPSs and once you play a few, you have played them all. There were a FEW other games but not enough to makeme consider it had quality games.
PS2 has a ****load of games, somehwere near 6,000 i think, [correct me if im wrong here] So This means thers a assload of horrbile game, but in the sea of terrible games you can easily find great ones. Thats why PS2 did so well, It was affordable and had so many games, anyone could find something they liked.

The GC didnt do so well but i loved it...and whatta you talking about the N64 did great. and Both Had Awesome games, the N64 defintly beats out the GC but they both have a awesome library. Almost every ' game of the year" in the PS N64 gen were Nintendo games. Now Games of the Year belong to FPSs and sports titles....Evidence that nobody knows what a quality game is anymore and Nintendo has definitly lost there power. Now what used to be a quality game is a "kiddy game" or doesnt have enough online.....

Back