Ridley in Brawl.

mushroomedmario said:
cause he probably didn't care, he might have just told his computer graphic designers what he wanted, they made ridley a little smaller by mistake, sakurai shrugs knowing(thinking) people wouldn't stare at it and think "woah he's going to be in the next smash bros"

lol-this is my fourth dp today

So your basing your entire argument on that his graphic designers made a mistake?

Ssbb_lover covered the rest.

no i'm not, ridley supporters base their whole arguements on that video, when he's appeared so many other times in full out games

well i just don't think a introductory video should matter when it comes to a character's chances of being in brawl

ridley was big in ssb64, i mentioned that and got completly ignored, but since he's small in melee, he must be in brawl(sarcasm)

ssbb_lover said:
What about Ridley in his appearance in the Melee intro? And don't give me that "WELL IT WUZ ONLY 2 SECONDS" crap. It happened, Sakurai put it in there. And there had to have been a reason he didn't make him the humongous dragon he normally is. It can obviously happen, and it can work.

Lol @ me and nic posting the same comeback. :|
Ah, you have not seen my previous statements a couple pages back.

1) Sakurai is using the latest character models, so he would use MP3 Ridley.
Even Atomic admitted that they would use it.

2) Why would he use a cheap Ridley that was never in a Metroid game?

3) Saying that it was only 2 seconds is actually a valid arguement. Think about it. Why would Sakurai use a model that was only showed for 2 seconds.

Those where all very soliud points. There's no arguein with those.

Shoko said:

3) Saying that it was only 2 seconds is actually a valid arguement. Think about it. Why would Sakurai use a model that was only showed for 2 seconds.

they showed fox in an arwing, and he didn't look to big

fox in an arwing confirmed for brawl!

No, we're not saying he's GOING to be in Brawl. As AtomicB has said, we're saying he CAN be in Brawl. That's your guys' problem, you're totally shutting the idea down to Ridley in Brawl, you're not giving him a chance, when in fact he CAN BE IN BRAWL.

mushroomedmario said:
no i'm not, ridley supporters base their whole arguements on that video, when he's appeared so many other times in full out games

well i just don't think a introductory video should matter when it comes to a character's chances of being in brawl

ridley was big in ssb64, i mentioned that and got completly ignored, but since he's small in melee, he must be in brawl(sarcasm)
:aureola: You may be right...(Non Sarcasm)

:lol: But Ridley will NEVER be in Brawl(Sarcasm)

And I think Dedede and Bowser are Really big too..........so Ridley has a Chance.....and we need more Metroid Characters.

Last edited:
So basically all that you guys have left is the size argument? And even though that's been put to rest you're still using it? Sheesh. Are you that desperate for Ridley to not take his rightful place in SSBB's roster alongside fellow Nintendo stars (plus Snake and Sonic.)

I mean if you guys can say it was a graphic designers mistake without proof then we could just as easily say Sakurai told them to do that on purpose. But hey, who even knows. All we know is that Ridley is a fair size in the opening. And just because Sakurai has used the latest model's for a few characters doesn't mean he has to for Ridley.

ssbb_lover said:
No, we're not saying he's GOING to be in Brawl. As AtomicB has said, we're saying he CAN be in Brawl. That's your guys' problem, you're totally shutting the idea down to Ridley in Brawl, you're not giving him a chance, when in fact he CAN BE IN BRAWL.
Naw, it's the other way around. You guys think we're saying he CAN'T be in, but we're only listing reasons why he wouldn't. Yes, anyone can be in Brawl, but some have less chances than others. And I see how no1 respnded to my last post.....

mushroomedmario said:
they showed fox in an arwing, and he didn't look to big

fox in an arwing confirmed for brawl!

@mushroomedmario: LMAO! POST OF THE FREAKIN YEAR ALREADY!

@LemonManX: Size is a valid arguement

ssbb_lover said:

lol that was just me joking around, sorry about that......

but Ridley was shown big multiple times, huge, that's was ridley is, and that wasn't even ridley, that was just a retarded thing that was supposed to represent ridley

mario-fat plumber
kirby-a pink gooey thing that sucks stuff in
ridley-a giant dragon

Shoko said:
There's no proof they're following this trend! None.
Not cheap, a shrunk down version of an existing model.
Why wouldn't he use a normal model for 2 seconds?

Just did.

Shoko said:

1. But he could easily make his own models if he so chooses. Obviously Pit and Ice Climbers haven't played in any recent games. And Bowser was different in Galaxy.

2. If he wanted to, he could. His poll did have Ridley listed on it. Plus, he does have an idea from the 2 second clip from Melee...

3. Why wouldn't Sakurai use a model that he implemented into the game? He could easily put it there. The length doesn't really matter. All that matters is that the size in the sequence is the same as Samus's.

Good Point, they didn't. And they really didn't use Sonic's either. They made him lankier.

ssbb_lover said:
There's no proof they're following this trend! None.

THE CHARACTER CONFIRMED IN BRAWL ARE PROOF! LINK, ZELDA, WARIO, etc.

ssbb_lover said:
Not cheap, a shrunk down version of an existing model.

That didn't look like the existing model though. That's the whole point.

ssbb_lover said:
Why wouldn't he use a normal model for 2 seconds?

Listen to what your saying. Your saying that they would use a 2-second model over the other 10 REAL MODELS!? They wouldn't use that model because that's not the Ridley everyone knows.

I didn't say anything wrong in that post....

Back