Ridley in Brawl.

^Exactly. Sakurai's using the versions that everybody knows. So for Ridley, he'd use the latest and most popular version- which is too big for Brawl. And like I said earlier, you can't downsize Ridley. It'll take the whole purpose away from him.

He's supposed to be big, am I right?

Yes he is. I'll just falt out say it:

Ridley is supposed to be big

Shoko said:
Actually, I have said Wii models. Look back at the other posts. C'mon nic, if your gonna join in an arguement at least take the tiome to read 1 or 2 pages.

My mistake. But that doesn't matter. They don't use half of the newcomers lastest Wii models for Brawl. I mean: Wario's last 2 models are a soccer player and a 2D model of a Warioware Wario.

Neither of those Warios look anything like the one that will be in Brawl. The Brawl one is far more polished. That's a completely different model made just for Brawl. And the Pokemon Trainer's is completely different than it's latest Wii counterpart as well.

And even if it's not, how many people could point out who Pit was if they wouldn't have seen a name? A lot less people then those who wouldn't recognize a smaller Ridley. (So in other words, a smaller Ridley would be more familiar as a character than a Pit)

I do agree, however, that Ridley would make a better boss if he was a larger size. I obviously would rather have Ridley has a character though. (And he could still BE a boss at a lower size, he just wouldn't be as good as one)

I'm back. I was playing MOHH2 to think. Placed first! :smilewinkgrin:
Wow, this thread really exploded. Alright, let me take a crack at this.

No need for name calling, right people. We're above that.

A. Ridley's size is not a problem.

Ridley can potentially be rescaled. He doesn't need to be rescaled dramatically, because he has been seen in Metroid games to be 2x, maybe 3x as big a Samus.

Rescaling would be a quick, easy, and logical move to make.

Evidence of rescaling have been seen in Captain Olimar, who's original size was around one inch tall, or about the size of a quarter.

Bowser has been up to five times as big as Mario, but was rescaled to fit into Brawl.

He was not any less terrifying.
In fact, his final smash makes him big enough to take up the entire stage

B. Ridley's character model is not a problem.

Since all of the character models in the Smash Bros. game are made from scratch anyways, giving Ridley a smaller, more compact model shouldn't be a problem.

Ridley also has a default appearance which is widely recognized. His purple armor-less appearance by which he's most commonly shown as.

C. Shoko's 'All characters use the newest character design,' theory.

While there is a slight pattern there, it's not how you're seeing it.

True, all the characters have updated models. But that's just because it's a new game.

Mario's jeans are more detailed.
Donkey Kong's fur is finer.
Samus's suit is shinier.

You could argue that since the Zelda character's have the TP design, and Wario has his Wario Ware design, that all of the characters must go by this.

But that's not the case.

Samus still has the suit she's had in EVERY smash game. Yes, she wore it at the beginning of Metroid Prime 3, but Link wore his casual clothes at the beginning of Twilight Princess, here he is in his Green tunic.

Why? Because it's his most recognizable clothing. Most people recognize Link in his green tunic, just as most people remember 'Orange Suit' when they think of Samus.

And though Wario's default appearance is his Wario Ware design, Sakurai still included his classic design, because most people who recognize Wario recognize his yellow outfit.

My guess it that Sakurai made the Wario Ware design his default for originalities sake. Why have three people (Mario, Luigi, Wario) who look almost exactly the same.

And Bowser.

134551-Super-Mario-Galaxy.jpg

bowser.jpg

While the character design may not be to different (because this is Bowser's most widely accepted form) he did shrink.

Ridley's most accepted form is his purple and armor-less form. This form also made an appearance in Metroid Prime 3. In fact, it's made an appearance in almost every Metroid game.

Just like Bowser, Ridley has a universally accepted design, which is the one that would be used in Brawl.

This design has been around Samus's size before, and is perfectly capable of being downsized with out any major changes.

~Atomic Bucket

keep in mind guys that the people that handle certain games are involved in brawl

i.e. eiji(the second director(i think)) for tp created the models for ssbb

and retro studios could have been involved with samus's model(it does look shiny, like in metroid prime 3) and when they worked on ridley, they made him bigger than other metroid games, so maybe they have a say if ridley's playable, and maybe they might say it's a bad idea, and that he would look effing retarded shrunken down to samus's size?

after all, this is a huge game, sakurai is getting alot of help from various sources, it's not just a small development team working on this game

nic7 said:
My mistake. But that doesn't matter. They don't use half of the newcomers lastest Wii models for Brawl. I mean: Wario's last 2 models are a soccer player and a 2D model of a Warioware Wario.

Wario Ware Smooth Moves Wario= Brawl Wario. They use the latest models

nic7 said:
Neither of those Warios look anything like the one that will be in Brawl

yes he does. Brawl wario look like Smooth Moves wario's. He's just 3-D and more detailed. You can still tell where the model is coming from, can you not?

nic7 said:
And even if it's not, how many people could point out who Pit was if they wouldn't have seen a name? A lot less people then those who wouldn't recognize a smaller Ridley. (So in other words, a smaller Ridley would be more familiar as a character than a Pit)

Pit's different. His model dosen't matter because people ddidn't know about him in the first place anyway. He could have look the same but people still wouldn't know who that was.

nic7 said:
(And he could still BE a boss at a lower size, he just wouldn't be as good as one)

see, Your more reasonable than the other deabtors. you at least understand what we're saying

And you must agree with me that Ridley is supposed to be big.....it's just the truth..

mushroomedmario said:
keep in mind guys that the people that handle certain games are involved in brawl

i.e. eiji(the second director(i think)) for tp created the models for ssbb

and retro studios could have been involved with samus's model(it does look shiny, like in metroid prime 3) and when they worked on ridley, they made him bigger than other metroid games, so maybe they have a say if ridley's playable, and maybe they might say it's a bad idea, and that he would look effing retarded shrunken down to samus's size?

after all, this is a huge game, sakurai is getting alot of help from various sources, it's not just a small development team working on this game

The only reason it's shinier is because it's a brand new game. They've updated the graphics.

The Wii is more powerful than the Gamecube, leaving more room for details.

You understand that all the character models were made from scratch by Sakurai's development team, right?

Read my above post.

AtomicB said:
Samus's suit is shinier.

Aw, c'mon AtomicB. I know your smarter than that. The things you just listed comes along with having a new, stronger consol. You know that. Plus:

1) Why change Mario!?
2) What can you change about DK!? And like Mario, why would you!?
3) Exactly. shiny like it looked in MP3. But that also just comes along with having a new consol.

Last edited:
AtomicB said:
The only reason it's shinier is because it's a brand new game. They've updated the graphics.

The Wii is more powerful than the Gamecube, leaving more room for details.

You understand that all the character models were made from scratch by Sakurai's development team, right?

Read my above post.

Shoko said:
Aw, c'mon AtomicB. I know your smarter than that. the things you just listed comes along with having a new, stronger consol. You know that

You're joking, right?! Did you seriously only read a small section of my post?!

Read the whole thing before you even think of replying.

AtomicB said:
I'm back. I was playing MOHH2 to think. Placed first! :smilewinkgrin:
Wow, this thread really exploded. Alright, let me take a crack at this.

No need for name calling, right people. We're above that.

A. Ridley's size is not a problem.

Ridley can potentially be rescaled. He doesn't need to be rescaled dramatically, because he has been seen in Metroid games to be 2x, maybe 3x as big a Samus.
that's still twice as big
Rescaling would be a quick, easy, and logical move to make.

Evidence of rescaling have been seen in Captain Olimar, who's original size was around one inch tall, or about the size of a quarter.
i'm just going to completly ignore this.....
Bowser has been up to five times as big as Mario, but was rescaled to fit into Brawl.
but he's also been as small as mario, ridley hasn't been as small as samus
He was not any less terrifying.
In fact, his final smash makes him big enough to take up the entire stage

B. Ridley's character model is not a problem.

Since all of the character models in the Smash Bros. game are made from scratch anyways, giving Ridley a smaller, more compact model shouldn't be a problem.
they're not made from scratch, that's what shoko's whole arguement is about
Ridley also has a default appearance which is widely recognized. His purple armor-less appearance by which he's most commonly shown as.

C. Shoko's 'All characters use the newest character design,' theory.

While there is a slight pattern there, it's not how you're seeing it.

True, all the characters have updated models. But that's just because it's a new game.

Samus's suit is shinier.

You could argue that since the Zelda character's have the TP design, and Wario has his Wario Ware design, that all of the characters must go by this.

But that's not the case.

Samus still has the suit she's had in EVERY smash game. Yes, she wore it at the beginning of Metroid Prime 3, but Link wore his casual clothes at the beginning of Twilight Princess, here he is in his Green tunic.

Why? Because it's his most recognizable clothing. Most people recognize Link in his green tunic, just as most people remember 'Orange Suit' when they think of Samus.

And though Wario's default appearance is his Wario Ware design, Sakurai still included his classic design, because most people who recognize Wario recognize his yellow outfit.

My guess it that Sakurai made the Wario Ware design his default for originalities sake. Why have three people (Mario, Luigi, Wario) who look almost exactly the same.
people revognize ridley as a GIANT dragon
And Bowser.

134551-Super-Mario-Galaxy.jpg

bowser.jpg

While the character design may not be to different (because this is Bowser's most widely accepted form) he did shrink.
do you have statistics? i play the 2d mario games every day, and bowser is not much bigger than mario, that's why i think he fits perfectly in brawl
Ridley's most accepted form is his purple and armor-less form. This form also made an appearance in Metroid Prime 3. In fact, it's made an appearance in almost every Metroid game.

Just like Bowser, Ridley has a universally accepted design, which is the one that would be used in Brawl.

This design has been around Samus's size before, and is perfectly capable of being downsized with out any major changes.
he would still look akward as hell, let's compare him to other brawlers

here's a general rule applied to brawl

small characters=light
big characters=heavy
since ridley is skinny as hell, if he was too be scaled down he would have to be light, but still one of the tallest characters(and he's round shape because of his wings/neck etc.) and he would break this general rule, which would make him really hardcore awkward
~Atomic Bucket

AtomicB said:

Ok........but why the hell would Sakurai make him fight in his casual clothes? Like you said, Samus was in her orange suit in the beggining, but she clould ACTUALLY FIGHT IN THAT SUIT. What you just said proved absolutely no point.

Really AtomicB, your last couple of post have made no point. Everything you've been saying have been like neutral statements......

I'll say this AGAIN....

Ridley is too big....is he not?

Answer that dang question already lol.

Last edited:
AtomicB said:

Read my above post.

NO THEY DON'T

kojima designed snake
and designers from twilight princess designed link, ganondorf, zelda and sheik

-i agree with shoko, your points are just getting repetetive

Yea, why did you say the models came from scratch? That's a completely false statement. I thik your still sick there buddy

mushroomedmario said:
-i agree with shoko, your points are just getting repetetive

You guys make the exact same points every time too. Both sides are just completely ignoring one another.

nic7 said:
You guys make the exact same points every time too. Both sides are just completely ignoring one another.
but we're countering ya's points at the same time, so we're actually making a lot of points.

Back