Right, It's Come Down To This: A Vote - PS3 or 360

Lewi T

WiiChat Member
May 28, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
So I still can't decide which one...I've asked loads of people, I've compared the pro's and con's of each, I've flipped a coin (but still questioned the outcome), I've done everything I can think of to help my decision, but it's became harder and harder. So it is now down to this.

Please decide which one, the PS3 or the Xbox 360, that I should get.

In your replies, state which you think I should get, as well what experience you have with each system (e.g. you own one/both, you've played one many/few times, you've never played one, etc.).

You don't need to give any reasons at all to which you think I should get, as I pretty much know all the pro's and con's for each; this thread is simply to vote.

Please don't say 'both', as I would obviously get both if that was possible, and I already have a Wii so no-one tell me to get that.

I'm hoping to buy whichever one on Friday 18th January, so that gives you all a week.

[Note: I didn't know where to put this thread, but seeing that the other thread by Cyan containing peoples views on which to get is in the PS3 section, I decided to put in there]

Last edited:
mushroomedmario said:
why dont you ask someone who has both(i.e. paintba||er)
I've asked quite a few people who have both, and it's pretty split. Hopefully people with both will vote, paintba||er being one of them!

idjut said:
Play Station 3
What is you experience with the two?

Last edited:
Well, I'm planning to get a 360 soon.

Don't like PS3 for various reasons.

I'd go with 360 - but it depends on what you want it for (i.e. online gaming, specific games, motion controls, rumble etc...)

I have all 3 consoles. I would get 360, especially since they updated it woth 65nm processing chip which will stop the RROD. Its supposed to be more quiet and faster too. So, yea... I like my 360 the best of all 3.

branandlee said:
PS3...Do it. You know you want too.
What is your experience with each console?

This question is quite valuable to me in this vote, so could people please answer it when voting (unless of course it's obvious, e.g. I can assume Squall7 has neither, since he's planning on getting a 360 rather than the PS3).

If I was making that choice I would go with the PS3 as you get the Blu-ray and
I have more faith in the thing not breaking as in the " Red rings of death" of the 360

For fear of posting in this type of thread and being labeled anything, :), I state that my preference is not due to any type of fanboyism, but quite possibly the "newness" of my PS3. :)

I own a Wii, a 360 and just recently, a PS3. I've had the 360 since launch, and think it's a GREAT console. I've had a lot of fun with it over the years, and played a lot of good games.

Fast forward to now. I wanted a Hi Definition DVD player for myself. With the recent news on Blue Ray and the movie studios, I figured the war was kind of over, and decided on Blue Ray. Well, for me, the PS3 was a no brainer with that thrown in.

Now that I have owned it for a few days, I must say I am more impressed each day with it. It's a very well built system, with amazing graphics, features and capabilities. SO FAR, I prefer it over the 360, but then again, there is that new factor. Bottom line is I'm a gamer, and have been for a very long time, so I will always want to own all possible gaming solutions. :D

Pantalaimn said:
If I was making that choice I would go with the PS3 as you get the Blu-ray and
I have more faith in the thing not breaking as in the " Red rings of death" of the 360
As I said in the original post I know all of the pro's and con's. Alls I'm looking for in this thread is simply which one you think I should get, and what experience you have with each console.
So what's you experience with each, Pantalaimn?

ok I own all 3 I like psy PS3 the best.Reason
ps3 blu-ray,cheaper, ok i know I will get some WHY but say if you want a bigger HDD you either have to get a 120 or a 20gb $220 for 120gb canadian.Then if you want rechargable battery $15,I find that the ps3 controller is more comfortable.
But thats just me.

honestly the ps3. i play both very frequently. i love sony's games. um... i like how you dont have to pay for live at all.. i like the weight of the controller, they are making the controller rumble again, built in blu-ray, no rrod, Xbox 360 is almost over.... and theres no powerbrick the size of japan on it!

Back