360 Vs Ps3

sagema said:
Can you guys shorten your posts? Do you really need 1,000,000 words to make a point? I said it before.

Wait until the 360 gets the new chip later this year. They may even price drop $100. The PS3 isn't going to change in price, and internal hardware for years. You can buy it now with no regrets of change.

The ps3 hardware will change probably by next year, but its because they are going to alter the cpu from a 90 something pin to a 64 something pin. Doesnt really make a difference but saves them some money, and there will be a price cut of around 50$. In the end its not going to be a huge difference, and thats why the 360 is one of those systems you will be able to get for much cheaper with the elite coming out (basically making all older models worth less than before). Better to get a 360 later then earlier as its price can only go down.

Shiftfallout said:
The ps3 hardware will change probably by next year, but its because they are going to alter the cpu from a 90 something pin to a 64 something pin. Doesnt really make a difference but saves them some money, and there will be a price cut of around 50$. In the end its not going to be a huge difference, and thats why the 360 is one of those systems you will be able to get for much cheaper with the elite coming out (basically making all older models worth less than before). Better to get a 360 later then earlier as its price can only go down.
actually a 65nm whatever helps the console run cooler than a 90nm whatever

It's a fact that a cooler CPU will run a lot better. If Microsoft can make a processor that runs cooler, it will run better. Thus a more powerful processor. Sony said they will make a similar attempt at their own lower cost processor in 2009. The only system I don't see with heating problems is the Wii. It's a drastic difference to be able to run a game system for 24 hours opposed to 4-6 hours.

sagema said:
It's a fact that a cooler CPU will run a lot better. If Microsoft can make a processor that runs cooler, it will run better. Thus a more powerful processor. Sony said they will make a similar attempt at their own lower cost processor in 2009. The only system I don't see with heating problems is the Wii. It's a drastic difference to be able to run a game system for 24 hours opposed to 4-6 hours.
but who really plays a wii 24 hours straight??
and ive played my 360 for 12+ hours and it only had minor slowdowns on graphic intense partse

What you never have friends come over to play games all day? The fact that the system is more durable will help it last longer than the other consoles. My PS2 is dying. I barely use it anymore in fear it'll be the last time (I still use my PS1). If PS3, 360 owners have to share that fate 2-3 years from now, it'll hurt.

The Xbox back in the day use to brick out in a mere year. I have scores of friends who bought a Xbox that died fast. Circuit City would mock them with 6 month warranties. When you buy a console, it's life span is a massive factor.

sagema said:
What you never have friends come over to play games all day? The fact that the system is more durable will help it last longer than the other consoles. My PS2 is dying. I barely use it anymore in fear it'll be the last time (I still use my PS1). If PS3, 360 owners have to share that fate 2-3 years from now, it'll hurt.

The Xbox back in the day use to brick out in a mere year. I have scores of friends who bought a Xbox that died fast. Circuit City would mock them with 6 month warranties. When you buy a console, it's life span is a massive factor.
i stopped reading after the first sentence
play games for 24 hours?!

Seriously, i would go with the 360, i own both PS3 and Xbox 360, and i use my xbox wayyyy more than my PS3, online is way better, and games right now are better and in the future games for the 360 look to be better, Halo franchise, Too Human, and GOW right now are keeping me up at night.

go 360

With what im hearing about the 360, then well, since im a wii fan, no doubt, i have to go with 360 for right now, PS3 is just getting started, it will be a huge factor next year TRUST ME!!!
(But as of right now, 360 is the WAY TO GO.... Better games this year, more games coming out next year!!)

wiiboy 27 said:
just get a ps2
I already have a PS2, I had one since 2005, I want a PS3 though, And a 360, I'll just get the 360 first since it cost less then I'll play it and wait for the PS3's price to drop, then I'll buy it. :)

Microsoft has no intentions of dropping the price of the 360 anytime soon. With the numbers the way they are, they see people still picking up the console at a stagering rate. Why drop the price if you're still making large sales at the launch price?

If anything, I THINK, Sony will try to reduce price faster to attract more potential buyers who are on the fence about the price. Hardcore gamers or not, systems still need to be somewhat affordable.

Nintendofan1990 said:
I already have a PS2, I had one since 2005, I want a PS3 though, And a 360, I'll just get the 360 first since it cost less then I'll play it and wait for the PS3's price to drop, then I'll buy it. :)

You'll be waiting a long time on the price drop then:yesnod: as soon as games like Warhawk, Assasins Creed, Gta:4, Mgs4,Final Fantasy 13, Lair and Kill Zone 2 come out the Ps3 will start selling, there will be no need for a price drop.

Something about the FFXI and getting a 360 for that? The PS3 can play PS2 game and save games like FFXI, which save things to the HDD, to its HDD with one of the FW updates. Adding that with the upscale, you can play FFXI in 1080p.

I would only go PS3 for 3 things, the main points out of almost a hundred reasons.

1. Backwards compatible
2. Built in WiFi
3. Monthly FW updates

The 360 is a pot shot if a Xbox game will work for it.

Back