Right, It's Come Down To This: A Vote - PS3 or 360

I find the PS3 a lot more fun to play, I have no idea why... The first 4 months I had my PS3 I only had Resistance, and somehow I didn't get bored of it. I really don't know why, because the game wasn't brilliant. Then Warhawk for another few months. Now FIFA 08 for another few months... Still playing FIFA.

I got my 360 for Christmas with Gears and Forza... I love Gears but it's gets boring kinda quickly... Love Forza, but I don't think it's as good as the Gran Turismo's. But I've still been playing the 360 a lot.

So yea, I just find the PS3 a lot more entertaining, even though pretty much ALL my friends have a 360 and are on Xbox Live. But maybe that'll change in the future when I have more games.

So my answer, which you probably knew: Playstation 3 :)

Well the PS3 and 360 are better in different ways. 360 has a better software selection, graphics, and is more organized than the PS3. However, the PS3 has WI-FI built in, FREE online play, and the console itself looks way cooler. So I say if you have the money, buy the 360, and you have got to have a lot of money cause eventually it will crash.

ClekClek51 said:
Well the PS3 and 360 are better in different ways. 360 has a better software selection, graphics, and is more organized than the PS3. However, the PS3 has WI-FI built in, FREE online play, and the console itself looks way cooler. So I say if you have the money, buy the 360, and you have got to have a lot of money cause eventually it will crash.
Did you read the first post? I only want to know which you think I should get and what experience you have with each console. So, what is your experience with each?

PS3 = solid console, great machine, sinaxis (some motion control features)
360 = great games but too unreliable as a console and breaks easily. Red Ring of Death, disc scratching, and more.

highroller said:
PS3 = solid console, great machine, sinaxis (some motion control features)
360 = great games but too unreliable as a console and breaks easily. Red Ring of Death, disc scratching, and more.

Did you read the first post? I only want to know which you think I should get and what experience you have with each console. So, what is your experience with each?

Solid Console and Great Machine mean the same thing

SixAxis - Yo let me tell you, if you want PS3 for this... don't. Its "nice" I guess... maybe. But its nothing, its like the toddler version of Wii's motion controls, PS3 shouldnt even have put it, its because of SixAxis that they dont have a rumble feature.

Too unrealiable as a console and breaks easy is the because of RROD, so its the same thing.

Disc scratching happens to all consoles, even Wii.

So by experience, PS3 is a good console, but expensive unless you get $400 version with no backward compatability. Currently it doesn't have many great exclusives, but it will or atleast I think, no one knows for sure until after its released. Pretty reliable so far. Online is decent, but nothing special, its like the "Under Development" version of Xbox Live but alot more cluttered and ugly.

Xbox 360, great games already, more to come. Pretty cheap compared to PS3. With backward compatability. Not as reliable as PS3 because of the known RROD, but SUPPOSE TO BE(But im not certain) reduced because of the newer Xbox's being upgraded with 65nm chips. Online is superior to PS3 in my experience, its just overall alot better, but you have to pay $50 for 13 month subscription. But, I will say currently Live is having some problems because of all the new subscribers (10 million). MS claims to be fixing it, but I guess its taking a while. Unless its just me... You can still play games online but the dashboard is all messed up right now.

So after all that, I still like my Xbox better simply because of I like the games more and the online is better.

T3kNi9e said:
Solid Console and Great Machine mean the same thing

SixAxis - Yo let me tell you, if you want PS3 for this... don't. Its "nice" I guess... maybe. But its nothing, its like the toddler version of Wii's motion controls, PS3 shouldnt even have put it, its because of SixAxis that they dont have a rumble feature.

Too unrealiable as a console and breaks easy is the because of RROD, so its the same thing.

Disc scratching happens to all consoles, even Wii.

So by experience, PS3 is a good console, but expensive unless you get $400 version with no backward compatability. Currently it doesn't have many great exclusives, but it will or atleast I think, no one knows for sure until after its released. Pretty reliable so far. Online is decent, but nothing special, its like the "Under Development" version of Xbox Live but alot more cluttered and ugly.

Xbox 360, great games already, more to come. Pretty cheap compared to PS3. With backward compatability. Not as reliable as PS3 because of the known RROD, but SUPPOSE TO BE(But im not certain) reduced because of the newer Xbox's being upgraded with 65nm chips. Online is superior to PS3 in my experience, its just overall alot better, but you have to pay $50 for 13 month subscription. But, I will say currently Live is having some problems because of all the new subscribers (10 million). MS claims to be fixing it, but I guess its taking a while. Unless its just me... You can still play games online but the dashboard is all messed up right now.

So after all that, I still like my Xbox better simply because of I like the games more and the online is better.

Sending the console 5 times to repairs means good quality? In my book no. I have the Wii and PS3 and they are good. I am just sick with the 360 mediocrity, not only RROD, game freezing, lags (while reading content of the disc while playing, or getting black screens suddenly while playing, and the only solution is to reset the 360 to play again, until the next time)

PS3 and Wii have never scratched a disk, 360 screwed a Gears of War disc brand new, without moving the console, just playing. Bad quality, bad hardware

These are facts, not a paid written fixed report.

The original XBOX was solid, the 360 is too unreliable. SO I will never recommend a product that it looks never had a Quality Assurance Test and was released to the public with flaws.

Last edited:
kronau said:
i have both the 360 collects dust and ps3 well used
your 360 collects dust? whose fault is that?

i vote 360, but man, why are you always posting this in the PS3 section? it seems like you probably want to get a ps3 over 360 and knowing that posting in the PS3 section will reassure your choice?

IF HE BUYS A CONSOLE NOW THERE IS A MUCH LOWER CHANCE OF IT RRODING, STOP BITCHING ABOUT THIS BECAUSE THERE IS A 3 YEAR WARRANTY REGARDLESS.

@T3kNi9e and highroller: Sorry I guess I wasn't too clear, by experience, I meant like how much you have played each, or whether you own both, etc.

sovieto said:
i vote 360, but man, why are you always posting this in the PS3 section? it seems like you probably want to get a ps3 over 360 and knowing that posting in the PS3 section will reassure your choice?
I posted this in the PS3 section because there's another thread by Cyan here that basically gives peoples opinions on the two, like pro's and con's, etc. So I thought I'd add this along with it. I probably should have put it in the Lounge, but the description states 'for all your non-gaming needs' or something, so I could imagine people to complain (knowing some people).

Do you own both consoles by the way or?

Sovieto said:
your 360 collects dust? whose fault is that?

IF HE BUYS A CONSOLE NOW THERE IS A MUCH LOWER CHANCE OF IT RRODING, STOP BITCHING ABOUT THIS BECAUSE THERE IS A 3 YEAR WARRANTY REGARDLESS.

I was gonna say the same thing about posting in the ps3 section. seems to me like you've made up your decision. Ok here's a trick, get someone to flip a coin for it and before that person tells you if its heads or tails, let yourself feel which one your hopeing for, heads or tails. there's your answer =)

Lewi T said:
@T3kNi9e and highroller: Sorry I guess I wasn't too clear, by experience, I meant like how much you have played each, or whether you own both, etc.

I posted this in the PS3 section because there's another thread by Cyan here that basically gives peoples opinions on the two, like pro's and con's, etc. So I thought I'd add this along with it. I probably should have put it in the Lounge, but the description states 'for all your non-gaming needs' or something, so I could imagine people to complain (knowing some people).

Do you own both consoles by the way or?

Yes, exactly. I own all three consoles lol. I have played both PS3 and Xbox 360 alot.

Back