Sony: Wii is a "sub-element" of PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game developers could give a rat's ass about console loyalty. They have families to feed and shareholders to please. If Sony is trying to use short supply to boost demand and hype, then it will bite them in the ass. Wii and 360 have a larger install base.

If they happen to boost production, it may be too late. 360 and Wii will already have price cuts and Sony will be in no position to offer competitive prices and gain profit. Developing for Wii and 360 is much more profitable and 3rd party devs will not take the extra effort to make the PS3 version look better.

If PS3 makes it, then Sony has to thank PS1 and PS2 for that.

I dont think the year it game out should have nothing to do with it...... Cause the 360 is just like the console that came out with the wii them..... Sony and Mircosoft must b was in the same meeting lol....... BUT people are sayin that sony didnt make enough consoles for the launch. obviously Nintendo was the smarter company lol........ Thats sony fault and How could all the PS3 have a problem? i could see if it was just a couple....... so there losing money more than they can make it........... I think sony and mircosoft, aren't lookin at nintendo as the competetion.. By next year Christmas we will know who's going to be on top..... or even by the fall lmao

Master Foot said:
Game developers could give a rat's ass about console loyalty. They have families to feed and shareholders to please. If Sony is trying to use short supply to boost demand and hype, then it will bite them in the ass. Wii and 360 have a larger install base.

If they happen to boost production, it may be too late. 360 and Wii will already have price cuts and Sony will be in no position to offer competitive prices and gain profit. Developing for Wii and 360 is much more profitable and 3rd party devs will not take the extra effort to make the PS3 version look better.

If PS3 makes it, then Sony has to thank PS1 and PS2 for that.

+1 to that. I never did figure out how the PS2 killed the DC, though.

I believe they are already making Animal Crossing, which will be awesome. I like a lot of the games Nintendo makes, and I don't want them to make bunches and bunches of adult games, I just want one or 2 good ones every couple of months.

I'm also really interested in Elebits, which is far from mature looking, so I'm not just wanting Nintendo to go super-voilent, but sometimes shooting people in the head is really awesome.

BlenderWizard said:
I totally disagree. While I agree that Sony could have sold more PS3's if they had made more, a simple economics class would tell you that more expensive things have lower sales numbers than less expensive things.

speaking of economics classes, let me school u a little bit considering my MBA is from NYU Stern.

the reason u see more hondas out there is b/c ppl cannot afford to pay or are LESS willing to pay for the high end luxury cars. but their desire to purchase it is just as high.

ur example works when we are dealing with 12 thousand dollars vs 90 thousand. but when the difference is 250 vs 500 its no longer valid (ie. saving up the price difference would not take as long as saving up on the 78,000 for the mercedes).

now that im done schooling u in economics, lets have my JD take over a little bit and tell u that ur 2 clauses in the same statement contradict each other
BlenderWizard said:
I totally disagree. While I agree that Sony could have sold more PS3's if they had made more.
------>
BlenderWizard said:
a simple economics class would tell you that more expensive things have lower sales numbers than less expensive things.

learn anything today? maybe u should take simpler economics classes?

urge_to_kill.jpg
right this is a very very dumb statement to make by sony come on ps3 is hardly the in the moition market in games six axis is a joke come on
"sub element"
errrrrrrrrr just makes me so mad i get ps2 its ok but it breaks down
the reason that some plp buy a ps3 is so that they can sell it on ebay

glowpasa said:
speaking of economics classes, let me school u a little bit considering my MBA is from NYU Stern.

the reason u see more hondas out there is b/c ppl cannot afford to pay or are LESS willing to pay for the high end luxury cars. but their desire to purchase it is just as high.

ur example works when we are dealing with 12 thousand dollars vs 90 thousand. but when the difference is 250 vs 500 its no longer valid (ie. saving up the price difference would not take as long as saving up on the 78,000 for the mercedes).

now that im done schooling u in economics, lets have my JD take over a little bit and tell u that ur 2 clauses in the same statement contradict each other------>

learn anything today? maybe u should take simpler economics classes?

Ok, you can stop with you're MBA from NYU BS...

Did you actually read my post? I made NO mention of demand. Sure, many people in Hondas wish they had that mercedes, but can't afford it. I didn't argue that.

There is definitely more demand than supply for PS3's. If you can't figure that out, I doubt you're out of high school yet.

The price difference in the Wii vs PS3 is a total deal breaker for me (we're the pretty standard middle classe American family). You can cite my above example from that.

And, since you turned this into a juvenile pissing contest, here ya go...

You got...

Owned-ByADog-1.jpg

You go be a nut and pay for something that isnt working............... lmao...... the fact is, people aren't tryin to buy a damn labtop. they want a game. let games be games... Because sony is a electronic company they will always try and fuse all of the products in one and call it a game. where as nintendo is a gaming company. The key word there is GAMING. So it will always be closer to being and game than 5 electronics devices in one......... and therefore as the years go on, sony games will start to become $1000 for one console when nintendo will be 500 or so..

damn man. that was some major pwn-age

*hails to blenderwizard*

Personally, anyone who defends PS3 in a nintendo wii forum obviously has nothing better to do with their time :p

hail satan

True point.

Programming for the Cell processor isn't fun. Many game programmers feel that programming for it is very hectic, and they are still trying to make sense of how it works. Granted they just launched the PS3, but they also had months before hand with a developers kit to make it.

game programmers who program for the cell processor get paid much much more than other game programmers who aren't programming for it. So it is true, the cost of making PS3 games is much higher.

Drifterwitnoname said:
The Wii soldout and is selling more and will sell more then sony because Nintendo has the edge. Why you may ask? The gameplay for one, and the types of Titles exclusive to nintendo. Mario, Mario Cart, SSBB, Zelda. Oh, im sorry NFS carbon isnt easymode for you right off the bat, Why dont you actually pay attention and see the game is integrated into the way you build your car? And Redsteel, you know the wiimote is a different thing for us all, every new game that comes out has a learning curve.

One more thing, I cant believe you said the Wii is for kids and the Ps3 is for "mature games" . Your right, the Wii probably doesnt have xxx rated titles im sorry, I think I'll choose fun anyday over M rated game because of some lame attempt for you to catch a glimpse of a boob.

i have to agree with you. go for a ps3 if your a perv and like pixallated boobs

Has anyone even seen the reports that Sont looses about $200 per sale and Nintendo is actully making $$$ on every Wii sold that is commonly unheard of

I hope both do well I am a Sony Fan and havn't owned a Nintendo since the Super NES back in the early 90's but i have Wii now and love it but apart from Zelda I need more adult orientated games, not these cutsy cartoony games.

pokemon and super monkey ball are not my cup of tea

Excite Truck looks ok but unsure if I want it or not.

nothing really grabs me on any of the first gen titles for any system usually

Zelda:TP rocks and the upcoming FF13 for PS3 is what I want a PS3 for

FF12 for PS2 is great game too once you get a hang of Square Enix's step away from traditional turn based RPG's

It is apparently true that Sony is losing on every PS3 sold. With the diode in short supply, don't expect price reductions anytime soon. If Sony plans to keep PS3 alive for 10 years, they are going to have a hard time keeping it competitive at a relatively high price when WiiHD and XBOX(number divisible by 180) are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back