Sony: Wii is a "sub-element" of PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there only 2 companies in the world that produce the BluRay diode? Is BluRay supposed to win with such a small supply? You can't expect prices to go down that way. What matters is PROFIT!! HDDVD uses existing DVD tech, so it would be cheaper to press on. BluRay is not going to offer high returns and the consumer is going to pay premium prices for a longer period of time.

Anyway, why are game consoles supposed to be movie players in the first place!? :wtf:

If BluRay fails, Playstation's days are numbered. :yikes:

Remax Realtor said:
anybody who likes star wars is guaranteed never to get a woman.

Listen to all of you little guys. Saved up all of your hard earned allowances just to buy a nintendo wii. I cant blame you. If I had to save all of my money to buy system that cant display peoples legs, real words, or capable of graphics above gamecube, I would defend it too. From the last few replys, im guessing most kids in here are under 12 years old which is what the wii is targeted towards. I will stick with my ps3 which is targeted towards adults. Maybe when you guys grow up, you can have a big boy system too :thumbsup:
Are you kindding, "big boy system".

At least he (Sony rep) didn't lash out and say the Wii has "gimmicky controls" or other Sony-type responses. He admitted that it's fun and intuitive, and that's what Nintendo wanted!

To the post above: He's with Remax anyway. I wouldn't trust him!

that mr sydney man. needs to be ducktaped down........ cover his mouth and everything and stone him like the old days................... he just a sony person so he gin lotion sony....they need to fire that dude

OMG will you stop arguing. Your all being Babies

PS3 is crap end of
It has good GFX but the 360 has HD Player
Blu-Ray holds massive amounts of Data yeah...
And the GFX are good
But for what your paying for it's crap
I'd rather have FUN with a system so im getting the Wii
If you want GFX get the PS3
If you want GFX ONLY get the 360
PS3 is just the 360 but with Music etc and no Halo..
END OF

Wii - Fun
360 - GFX and HD Player
PS3 - Music etc (Get a PC)

Playstation is weak. My PC owns a PS3 any day, and besides that, all people are doing is following the latest marketing trend. Blu ray dvds are just another way to sell to all the rich fools who have nothing to spend their money on besides a "Clearer Picture". Are you blind? or are you all so soul-less with you "big-bucks" jobs that you dont know what else to spend your money on?! I am happy with nintendo and I always have been. I dont need to pay 600 bucks for a system that is ultimately WEAK compared to a computer. My computer cant use a wii mote, so the wii stands alone.

Khool-Ade said:
Stolen joke

L10337538.jpg

Crappy movies on Blu-ray are still crappy movies

agreed:yesnod:

Remax Realtor said:
Because I own the wii and enjoy it. I just enjoy setting misinformed people straight. Like yourself.

Mr information...u r bs...wii pwns ps3...graphics<fun game...
i bought twilight princess and its an excellent game BUT i downloaded from the vc the legend of zelda for nes and lately ive spent more time playing that one over the twilight princess...crappy graphics...awesome game...

what did u learn mr information?...new gamers are bs because all they care about is high def, but crappy games in hd are still crappy games...id rather play donkey kong jr for nes...tons of fun with that one XD...:p...

Remax Realtor said:
Your not allowed to make that comment with the name of zorilla :shocked: I guess sony copied because their system can actually play movies, have games that are targeted to people above the age of 10, plays games and movies in hd, and has online play. I own the wii and enjoy the wii sports and zelda, but it has nothing else going for it. Red steel is terrible. Nfs carbon is terrible, and cod is worse. The wii is by far a better choice for parents that want to spend as little money as possible, without fear that their kids will play games meant for adults.

If sony released 2 million units at launch, they all would have been sold. Your an idiot for trying to compare sales. Nintendo made more units than sony. It doesnt take a brainiac to realize they will sell more. Congrats, you take the cake for stupidest human being.

all of ur stupid comments forced me to register just so i can call u guys morons. first off i have to agree with remax realtor. if sony released 2x10^7 units at launch of course they would out sell Wii. The fact of the matter is Sony realizes that their first batch of PS3s were ALL glitched and bugged out (known problems: 1)extremely slow disk read 2)sudden shut offs mid game 3)not compatable with old games 4)overheating... I said ALL meaning EVERY SINGLE ONE. So if urs hasnt glitched yet, dont worry, it will sooner or later) so they stopped production of it. Their target release date of March is for the new and improved systems.

comparing Wii's to PS3s are like trying to compare apples and oranges. do soem research on their marketing strategy and it will become evident that they are targeting 2 completely different markets and for ppl within the age range of 23-30 that fall into both target ranges we were meant to buy 1 of each. yes. 1 of each.

i currently own a Wii and sold 2 ps3s already. as much as i like the wii, the graphics suck. it barely runs at 480i with teh component cables while the ps3 on the other hand runs beautifully on my 1080p sony bravia with a HDMI connection. **NOTE: if u dont own a 1080p tv and a ps3 at the same time, dont say ****. u have no idea what things look like at 1080p.

stop this retarded conversation and go buy both the wii and ps3. i sold my first ps3 for 1400 which was enough to cover the money i spent on the 2nd ps3 and my wii. i ended up selling both ps3s for a total of 2850. the 850 i made in that transaction covered the money i spent on the wii and it will also cover the 600 i plan on spending on the FIXed ps3s that are coming out next year.

quit bitching.

we just have to remember that nintendo is a company focused only in game and fun thats why they changed they way we play, sony its a company that produces electronic devices, so its not a surprise that sony is including all the functions of all of their devices into one system, at a fists look it semms like a good idea but they arent offering something new, soon or later the graphics will no longer be so important, the future its here and its name is Wii.

Ya boy is a clown man............. Look not everybody have high definiton tv's so that was the reason nintendo did the graphics at 480p............. PS3 and 360 are mirror images of each other................ look nintendo is better even if it was at 1p................. so get ova it..... glowpasa just like sony more... but stupid agreement... soun like ur sayin the PS3 is better......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back