Sony: Wii is a "sub-element" of PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drifterwitnoname said:
Nintendo was there before sony, and they will be after. :thumbsup:
Yea, you're totally right. I bet Nintendo will end up buying Sony and making their system called the WiiStation(#) or something like that. Haha!

Drifterwitnoname said:
or the PS50576067 now includes toaster oven, dryer and litter box ! Only $5000!

Haha that's funny. But, it also includes a George Foreman grill, 50 unneeded GB of MP3 storage, and a sink. Bump the price up to $6500 if you want these added features:D

Technology & business wise, I think Sony is very strong & smart but Nintendo is an expert in videogame field. I really admire Nintendo for being very creative. If you look back all the games that Nintendo has for their systems, they have some really unique games that none of Xbox or PS have (Nintendogs, Brain Age, Cooking Mama.... for DS) I used to play PS2, Xbox like crazy but that kinda wears off now because everything is still same old, same old. And now for PS3, still same kind of games but with enhanced graphics, it doesn't do much for me. And $600 without any game? Another thing is, not most of us have hi-def TV's yet so what the point of having a PS3? Anyway, check out this link, guys; these are the opinions of game developers: http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20061117/qotw_01.shtml

re

Drifterwitnoname said:
Im kinda looking forward to that first person star wars jedi game were almost guaranteed to get. You know Nintendo Exclusive ;)

anybody who likes star wars is guaranteed never to get a woman.

Listen to all of you little guys. Saved up all of your hard earned allowances just to buy a nintendo wii. I cant blame you. If I had to save all of my money to buy system that cant display peoples legs, real words, or capable of graphics above gamecube, I would defend it too. From the last few replys, im guessing most kids in here are under 12 years old which is what the wii is targeted towards. I will stick with my ps3 which is targeted towards adults. Maybe when you guys grow up, you can have a big boy system too :thumbsup:

Actually, Remax Realtor--I'm 14 and I'm still getting the Wii. I'm getting the Wii rather than the PS3 thought because I think the Wii is more worth the PS3 for the amount of money they are selling for and it is clearly better. If the PS3 was like $450 or somewhere around there, I still wouldn't get it because the majority of what you pay for is just the Blu-Ray playback and the graphics.

No doubt that PS3 has the best graphics, but so what? Still same ol, same ol, playing Resistance doesn't give as much excitement when I played Wii Sports. And Blu-Ray? Who cares, Dish Network with Hi-def channels & upconversion DVD player is good enough for me.

I'm a former Sony fanboy, and have become a firm believer in the power of the Wii. Based simply on the fact that it's affordable and Nintendo has taken a huge chunk of the "single system" gamers by having units available, you have to believe that software support will follow the edge in ownership for Wii.
Blu-Ray is worthless to the vast majority of gamers, plus all of my A/V nerd friends have said it's gonna be HD-DVD all the way.

anybody who likes star wars is guaranteed never to get a woman.
You mean like EVERYONE who grew up in the 70's and 80's? I don't know a lot of people of my generation who don't like Star Wars. Now, maybe if you said "if you can quote every line from each movie and are fluent in Wookie...", then yeah, you have point.

Last edited:
Wii rocks, PS3 sucks, 360 aight! End of discussion, for real.

Any company can make a game system with extra media crap, but few can innovate and create new ideas.

I used to be a hardcore videogamer. I owned both Xbox & PS2 and played like crazy (back in the old day when Resident Evil came out) but I'm kinda getting sick of it now and none of the games on either Xbox360 or PS3 brought back the excitement that I used to have, I played the demos on both consoles: the graphics are nice but after a while, I just walked away, I didn't care much. But with Wii, not only that it's cheaper but it's like blowing a new air into videogame. Remember 3DO when it was first introduced to the market? It's the most advanced and also the most expensive console and how long did it live? Remember Jaguar with games like movies? Wiimote & nunchuck is the most genius idea Nintendo ever came up with and so far so good. Only time will tell if game developers will support this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back