Sony: Wii is a "sub-element" of PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
EK987 said:
You know, the biggest reason why I like Nintendo more than Sony or Microsoft is because they are always trying to make gaming a different way. For example, the gameboy made gaming handheld. The DS made gaming with touch screen. And now, finally, the Wii makes gaming with motion sensory. Now, I'm wondering, what else can they possibly think of? Let's just wait 5+ years:thumbsup:

Voice integrated gameplay...but you know sony probably "patent" that too. They probably patent sliced bread it somehow lined their already empty pockets. :D

re

Drifterwitnoname said:
Uh not really, I payed for gameplay not a DvdBlu-rayKissmyAss playstation in a box. lol stop saying that its "graphics and game titles" will save the sinking ship. Ps2 had alot of titles too but half of them blew. What part of, If I wanted Graphics I would jump on my computer, a computer that makes your Ps3 look like a 70s arcade in graphics.

The Nintendo fans didnt purchase it to be a jack of all trade, we knew it was going to be fun. As I said before when your ps3 burns up you can always use it as a George Forman grill and make omlets :cornut:

Rightttttt. Ps2 sold the most consoles or any system on the planet. Ps3 will follow suit. Enjoy playing rayman, excite truck, or crappy red steel, with sub par graphics/sound. Wii sports gets boring after a little while, and wii play will be the same way. All the wii has is zelda. I agree that half of the ps2 titles suck. Im very picky with video games. I could honestly say I only like maybe 5% of games.

Computer games are for geeks. End of discussion.

Dont worry my ps3 wont burn up. However I have heard of alot of wii's crapping out.

Either way my wii has been collecting dust. The wow factor of the remote is wearing off. I guess im not impressed with old technology.

maybe the wii uses old technology but its used in a brand new way, the ps3 uses new thecnology but in an old way, what the wii did its called reinvention, and what the ps3 did its called recycle

re

zorrilla said:
maybe the wii uses old technology but its used in a brand new way, the ps3 uses new thecnology but in an old way, what the wii did its called reinvention, and what the ps3 did its called recycle

Yep new innovation is making a bunch of kiddy games with a shiny new remote. Sorry buddy, the novelty is wearing off.

re

Drifterwitnoname said:
Sony is already trying to Patent this "old technology" of which you refer. They shouldnt have to with its walmart in a box.

btw the patent was filed in May of 2005. Nice try though :eek:ut:

re

zorrilla said:

why fix whats not broken? Ps2 sold the most units worldwide. They dont need to make a new controller thats only good for a couple games, and ruins all the others.

i0n said:
In an interview with the Sydney Morning Herald, Sony general manager for Australia and New Zealand said that, "The Wii-type functionality is more just a sub-element of what the PlayStation 3 offers".

He also went onto add, "Wii is a core gaming device. It's a more fun, intuitive sort of product to pick up, where the PS3 is a broader entertainment solution; so you can have your fun, enjoyable gaming ... but then you have a whole suite of other applications ... such as Blu-ray media playback, the ability to access your music, access your photos and the interoperability with the PSP".

Via: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=150432

thats a load of crap

Remax Realtor said:
why fix whats not broken? Ps2 sold the most units worldwide. They dont need to make a new controller thats only good for a couple games, and ruins all the others.
Blah, Blah, Blah.:zzz: Who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back