Sony: Wii is a "sub-element" of PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
glowpasa said:
all of ur stupid comments forced me to register just so i can call u guys morons. first off i have to agree with remax realtor. if sony released 2x10^7 units at launch of course they would out sell Wii. The fact of the matter is Sony realizes that their first batch of PS3s were ALL glitched and bugged out (known problems: 1)extremely slow disk read 2)sudden shut offs mid game 3)not compatable with old games 4)overheating... I said ALL meaning EVERY SINGLE ONE. So if urs hasnt glitched yet, dont worry, it will sooner or later) so they stopped production of it. Their target release date of March is for the new and improved systems.

comparing Wii's to PS3s are like trying to compare apples and oranges. do soem research on their marketing strategy and it will become evident that they are targeting 2 completely different markets and for ppl within the age range of 23-30 that fall into both target ranges we were meant to buy 1 of each. yes. 1 of each.

i currently own a Wii and sold 2 ps3s already. as much as i like the wii, the graphics suck. it barely runs at 480i with teh component cables while the ps3 on the other hand runs beautifully on my 1080p sony bravia with a HDMI connection. **NOTE: if u dont own a 1080p tv and a ps3 at the same time, dont say ****. u have no idea what things look like at 1080p.

stop this retarded conversation and go buy both the wii and ps3. i sold my first ps3 for 1400 which was enough to cover the money i spent on the 2nd ps3 and my wii. i ended up selling both ps3s for a total of 2850. the 850 i made in that transaction covered the money i spent on the wii and it will also cover the 600 i plan on spending on the FIXed ps3s that are coming out next year.

quit bitching.

I totally disagree. While I agree that Sony could have sold more PS3's if they had made more, a simple economics class would tell you that more expensive things have lower sales numbers than less expensive things.

Next time you go out, look around on the streets. Do you think you will see more Hondas or Mercedes'?

And, again, nobody is arguing the Wii can outdo the PS3 graphics wise; I don't think ANYONE has made that foolish argument. But, this situation has 3 factors at work:

1)I can get a Wii with 5 extra (remember, it already comes with one, so 6 total) games for the price of a low end PS3,

2)The Wii is a more enjoyable system. Those who are making the argument that there won't be any "adult" games on Wii must just not be looking around, and

3)Wii has already outsold the PS3 threefold. Which one do you think will be getting better 3rd party support? These software companies are in business to make money, not to have their titles collecting dust on some store's shelves.

I know this has already been said, but the reason that Nintendo is massively outselling PS3 is because there simply aren't as many PS3's made. I hate the PS3, but I am not dumb enough to try to defend the Wii by saying that it's selling more units.

My opinion on this huge, stupid argument is that the PS3 is not a whole lot different than a computer. I don't know why anybody would pay $600 for something that is not much different than the computer that they have but some people just enjoy spending money on useless things, I guess. Most of the games that are going to be made for the PS3 are going to be released on the PC, so what difference does it really make? Other than the fact that you can play on a huge screen if you want, but that shouldn't make much of a difference to anybody.

And as for the Wii, as much as I don't like admitting it, it's true that it's aimed more toward children. I'm 21 and I like it, but I can understand how adults and teenagers are turned off by it because of the childish look to most of the games. I think if Nintendo would make more mature games, Nintendo would have no trouble at all destroying the other consoles, but if they don't, I believe that PS3 and the 360 will end up with the #1 and #2 spots in the console War because more people are interested in killing and good graphics than they are in using a remote to play games. That's just a fact.

see i could talk to dudes like blenderwizard................ everybody no graphics wise nintendo is at the bottom................. but graphics isn't everything to gaming... i like that lil car example u use with the honda............. The game cube would do better than ps2 if it had online play... and plenty of three party companies are switchin to nintendo. give props where props are due...... I bet you the next system will have similiar graphics to the Sony and mircosoft new systems......

Just don't forget (those of you who think Nintendo is closing the doors on the adult market) that the GC had ALL of the Resident Evil series, and COD3 and Red Steel aren't exactly aimed at toddlers...

I think we'll see our fair share of "adult" games on the Wii.

BlenderWizard said:
Just don't forget (those of you who think Nintendo is closing the doors on the adult market) that the GC had ALL of the Resident Evil series, and COD3 and Red Steel aren't exactly aimed at toddlers...

I think we'll see our fair share of "adult" games on the Wii.

And don't you forget that the GC was a failure, EVEN THOUGH it had 3 or 4 adult games.

see blenderwizard, if the game isn't like grand theft auto they don't count it as adult games...... which is so dumb. those games you callare mature games for real. and dont for get true crime, with all that shootin and cursing on the game..... But we will see our far share tho. nintendo will never switch over to adult games because that was not how they started off....... Oh and what happen to games like rainbox 6 and ghost recon are they kiddy games. Nintendo isnt 100% kiddy and plenty of the kiddy games just as violent. I'm sure Blender wizard would agree with me........Metal gear solid was on the GC to. so there's enough proof that nintendo is lik 65% kiddy.

Ps3 is trying to be an xbox but with blue ray.... i dont care for graphics but it is a nice bonus(as i play old/retro games all the time). all i want is a good game like many other people. i dont want a console because of the name and blueray/graphics or to play dvds ive got my pc and dvdplayer to do that so stop trying to be the best and focus on gameplay

YOU so dumb. The GC was a failure because it lacked online play and dvd player......Ya boy made a gud point. Buy a dvd player if you want watch dvd. The problem is they done suck the fun out of games.. Tom i agree with you. graphics is a nice plus

Last edited:
hotpotato78 said:
YOU so dumb. The GC was a failure because it lacked online play and dvd player......Ya boy made a gud point. Buy a dvd player if you want watch dvd. The problem is they done suck the fun out of games.. Tom i agree with you. graphics is a nice plus

GC wasn't a total failure... it was definitely #3, but it was a strong #3. Many GC owners, like me, had it as a secondary or tertiary system. It still had plenty of great games, and it, IMO was pretty much on par with the graphics of the other two systems.

quote:
Original posted by: Blenderwizard

GC wasn't a total failure... it was definitely #3, but it was a strong #3. Many GC owners, like me, had it as a secondary or tertiary system. It still had plenty of great games, and it, IMO was pretty much on par with the graphics of the other two systems.

True........................ But i feel like they could have been the primary console if they had online play and not just lan........... But to me the graphics was basically the same for true though. The GC wasn't a total failure, that's what i should've said..... But it just had limited games.. It didnt have as many games as the PS2...... so the thing that cause the GC to fall short was limited games and online play.... do u agree Blender wizard?

Last edited:
Mark my words, to the day and to the hour... If the WiiMote is a 'runaway' success that's making Nintendo money, Sony and (especially) Microsoft will have their own version of the Wiimote, and attempt to claim it as their own 'innovation'. While Sony has been a pretty innovating company since it's inception, Microsoft has continually (and will continue) to ripoff and invade market's that it really doesn't even belong in. (They are, after all a SOFTWARE company making video game systems, .mp3 players, mice, keyboards and a WHOLE LOT MORE) As for the game system hardware, I already own 3 DVD players. I don't need another one so why burn out the optics on my GAMING system to play 'em? I only wish the Wii had pushed it's graphical capabilities on par w/this generations consoles.

hotpotato78 said:
quote:

True........................ But i feel like they could have been the primary console if they had online play and not just lan........... But to me the graphics was basically the same for true though. The GC wasn't a total failure, that's what i should've said..... But it just had limited games.. It didnt have as many games as the PS2...... so the thing that cause the GC to fall short was limited games and online play.... do u agree Blender wizard?

Probably something like that, though PS2 didn't have half the online play the XBOX did. I think PS2's popularity was due to the fact that they had a whole year's head start on the XBOX and GC. Having managed a GameStop and played on several PS2's, it really was the turd out of the bunch in many ways.

But, it's hard to argue with numbers.

Oh, and I'm 40 and LIKE 'kiddy' games. They're a great escape from the 'bloodthirsty' shooters and depressing 'games' like GTA series and HORRIBLE DARK games like 'The Suffering'. I want to escape from the 'real' world, not play in it. And I KNOW I'm not alone in this....

OldFartGamer said:
Mark my words, to the day and to the hour... If the WiiMote is a 'runaway' success that's making Nintendo money, Sony and (especially) Microsoft will have their own version of the Wiimote, and attempt to claim it as their own 'innovation'. While Sony has been a pretty innovating company since it's inception, Microsoft has continually (and will continue) to ripoff and invade market's that it really doesn't even belong in. (They are, after all a SOFTWARE company making video game systems, .mp3 players, mice, keyboards and a WHOLE LOT MORE) As for the game system hardware, I already own 3 DVD players. I don't need another one so why burn out the optics on my GAMING system to play 'em? I only wish the Wii had pushed it's graphical capabilities on par w/this generations consoles.

Just don't forget that the PlayStation originaly started out as a Super Famicom CD-ROM add on, like the Sega CD. Even at that stage, it was a Sony product

playstationprototype_ps1_03_t.jpg

Last edited:
OldFartGamer said:
Oh, and I'm 40 and LIKE 'kiddy' games. They're a great escape from the 'bloodthirsty' shooters and depressing 'games' like GTA series and HORRIBLE DARK games like 'The Suffering'. I want to escape from the 'real' world, not play in it. And I KNOW I'm not alone in this....

Yeah, my wife and I played Animal Crossing on GC for many many many hours.

I hope the have some kind of online Animal Crossing on Wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back