SSBB Is online and that's final

chessaholic said:
This is from the official nintendo of europe website:

"At E3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl's designer Masahiro Sakurai announced that the game will include Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection gameplay"
Wait...really? If it's from the official website then it's definate unlike Shoko's proof from sources like Wikipedia =P

And it even says "gameplay" so not sticker trading (although that could also be a possibility)

Do you have a link chess?

^For the umpteenth time:

Wifi gameplay for SSBB was confirmed by Sakurai himself at E3 2006.

Well You Coulda Just Said That!!! We Got Into This Whole Argument Because You Were Stating An Opinion As A Fact, But If You Had Just Said That I Woulda Been Wrong And We Wouldn't Have Wasted The Last 3 Pages!!!

LevesqueIsKing said:
^For the umpteenth time:

Wifi gameplay for SSBB was confirmed by Sakurai himself at E3 2006.

Then, when asked if it's online, why do they not say "Yes, we already announced that in 2006"?

^Because they want to make a huge deal out of it.

I've already been through this discussion too. Some nobody reporter asked Reggie if Brawl would be online and Reggie gave him 'the look' and then everyone here on WiiChat went crazy because "ONOZ NO ONLINE FOURS DA BRALL"

Do you honestly think Reggie would tell him the answer he wanted to hear? Why? So that that nobody could go home and post it on his blog? They dont want news spreading like that. They will make an official announcement so that everyone is clear on their decision.

LevesqueIsKing said:
^Because they want to make a huge deal out of it.

I've already been through this discussion too. Some nobody reporter asked Reggie if Brawl would be online and Reggie gave him 'the look' and then everyone here on WiiChat went crazy because "ONOZ NO ONLINE FOURS DA BRALL"

Do you honestly think Reggie would tell him the answer he wanted to hear? Why? So that that nobody could go home and post it on his blog? They dont want news spreading like that. They will make an official announcement so that everyone is clear on their decision.

According to you, the official announcement was back at E3 2006. Why would they then still be waiting to make an official announcement?

Reggie has been asked on at least two different occasions and has refused to answer the question each time.

Skippy said:
According to you, the official announcement was back at E3 2006. Why would they then still be waiting to make an official announcement?

Reggie has been asked on at least two different occasions and has refused to answer the question each time.
It was not "ZOMG *****OFFICIAL******", but it was enough confirmation for me. These are the exact words that Sakurai spoke:

Sakurai said:
My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that.

Now, apparently you guys dont see that as confirmation, but I certaintly do. It was confirmation, not an announcement. They will be announcing online gameplay in the near future.

LevesqueIsKing said:
It was not "ZOMG *****OFFICIAL******", but it was enough confirmation for me. These are the exact words that Sakurai spoke:
Originally Posted by Sakurai
My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that.

Now, apparently you guys dont see that as confirmation, but I certaintly do. It was confirmation, not an announcement. They will be announcing online gameplay in the near future.

That quote just says what the plan was back in mid 2006. Plans can change due to unforeseen circumstances.

Need I remind you what the plan was for the original release schedule of Brawl, Metroid 3, and Mario Galaxy were?

Do you have any idea how hypocritical that statement is? All that your 'reminder' proves is that Nintendo values perfection over their timeline. What are you trying to prove? That spending extra time on Brawl means they arent going to finish it as planned.

THINK LOGICALLY.

Yea seriously, all the facts are there, you guys just need to add one and one and get two...or online in this case....lol

LevesqueIsKing said:
Do you have any idea how hypocritical that statement is? All that your 'reminder' proves is that Nintendo values perfection over their timeline. What are you trying to prove? That spending extra time on Brawl means they arent going to finish it as planned.

THINK LOGICALLY.

My only point was that plans can change. For any reason.

Back