SSBB Is online and that's final

And my point was that it should be obvious by now that the last thing Nintendo wants to do with MP3, SSBB and SMG is change their plans.

Skippy, I've tried this argument. I failed. You know why? Because Levesque now has proof. You know what that means? It means he's right. Stop wasting your time.

Skippy said:
My only point was that plans can change. For any reason.
thats not the case with SSBB though. There is absolutely NO reason to take the online off for SSBB. Skippy, answer this for me: why do you think they delayed Brawl for a year and a month?

I've had this thread on lockdown since you've been gone, buddy :wink:

Check your inbox.

Shoko said:
thats not the case with SSBB though. There is absolutely NO reason to take the online off for SSBB. Skippy, answer this for me: why do you think they delayed Brawl for a year and a month?

Why was Metroid delayed for nearly a year? Everyone speculated that it was to add online multiplayer.

Don't get me wrong, I fully expect Smash to be online and would be extremeley surprised and disappointment if it's not. But to say that it's confirmed is a stretch.

Lol, eagles. I thought you weren't kidding if you didn't say jokes i'd be mad.

This could probaly turn into the official online discussion. I don't think it needs to be closed.

Omg! Its been announced on smashbros already!

EDIT:Dang it! by the time I typed this post people had already post (typed on wii)

Last edited:
Eagles said:
No it's not you Noob! *jokes* lol :lol: , this discussion can finally be closed!

Feh... I was trying not to expect it.

I'm not impressed though... the online with anyone won't have a leaderbord... I hate Freindcodes.

It can end.

Skippy said:
Then, when asked if it's online, why do they not say "Yes, we already announced that in 2006"?

LevesqueIsKing said:
^Because they want to make a huge deal out of it.

They didn't make a huge deal out of it after all. No special show or press conference or giant image projected on the moon. They just slipped it into the daily update on smashbros.com.

Take that you non-believers...oh but now you're gonna whine about no headset and no digital camera and chat support, right? well I'll come here again and tell it to your faces when all that's announced.

Monsteroids said:
Qutes are quite convincing, but then again Wikipedia is never 100% sure anyways as well as ign.

As far as Nintendo's biggest franchise goes I believe thats Mario.

Strikers was easy as pie to make and most sports games are online now!

That is true. Why not spam Sakurai's inbox then? :lol: That sounds like fun actually.

What will make 'em more money is more games like Wiifit. :rolleyes:

The friend code system shows that they really don't put online gaming as a priority.

Why is online one of your buttons? We can say Doshin is in Brawl until further notice, we can say it will have Sonic in it untill further notice, we can say it has online or not untill further notice!!!! I for one don't care too much if it is or not online. I see the annoying type fans are gathering rapidly. You don't know anything untill the game is released.

"As far as Wi-Fi play is concerned, Sakurai has confirmed some functionality. However, as stated in the Toukouken on the Japanese version of the Smash Bros. website, "there would be many hurdles to cross," and an online ranking system is unlikely to be implemented."

From 1up:
07/11/2007

Back in the dim and distant days of E3 2006, Nintendo announced the hotly anticipated Wii fighting game Super Smash Bros. Brawl. While Brawl provoked some serious froth for a number of reasons -- including the fact that Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima gave his blessing for series protagonist Solid Snake to punch it up with Mario -- the most exciting aspect of the game for many was the promise of online support, an area where Nintendo's remained painfully behind the curve.

It made for something of an unhappy surprise today when Nintendo announced a release date for Brawl and showed off the company's newfound dedication to online gaming... but not at the same time. In fact, the presentation included several online titles, but Brawl wasn't among them. While it's possible that Nintendo simply wanted to let gamers salivate over Mario Kart Wii and its addition of yet another Wii add-on to the system's growing arsenal of peripherals, it also makes us wonder if perhaps things aren't going quite as well with the game's online component as anticipated. As we think back, we also realize that none of the extensive weekly updates at the game's official site have made mention of its online gameplay, either.

Of course, an omission isn't the same thing as an actual change, but it did catch our attention. We'll be chatting with Smash Bros. producer Shigeru Miyamoto shortly, and this question's at the top of our list.

Oh soo in FACT, you were one of the non-believers..How amusing to see you get it wrong.

Back