The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically that'd of been a Draw/Loss, so yeah, please do battle for that badge again.

Can I do that? Can I just not really use two pokemon at all in a scramble challenge? :p

nope

scale_zps4755b1d7.jpg

I'm trying out the nuzlocke variation called a wedlocke made by Marriland on my soul silver along side doing my scramble challenge here. So far I've felt nuzlocks hard cold sting when you have to release a good mon :(.

I saw that Nuzlocke variant, and would love t' incorporate it officially (as well as try it myself, obviously), but that feels too much like thievery...

WNI UPDATE

It's been a while since my last update and I haven't done much since then. But here's the update anyway.

After catching that shiny Rufflet, I continued level grinding 'til all of my pokemon were level 50 before going through Victory Road. Otherwise the trainers would destroy me.
Anyway, I got through really easily. I healed and saved. The next thing I'll do is more grinding (always fun) and then the E4.

Last edited:
Pokemon Soulsilver Scrambled Challenge, Update #5
I don't feel like writing a lot, so this will be short. I went town of the 8th gym and cought my Tangela on the way. For the gym leader I used Toxic Spikes twice while Gyrados trys tp defeat me with Dragon Rage. I let my Nidorina faint and then continue to fight Gyrados with Pidgeot. For the Dragonairs I used Seaking with swagger and let them defeat themself with confusion and poison. Kingdra was the hardest of them. It defeated almost all my Pokemon and I had to revive one while my Tangela was out, so that I won't faint. Aftee that I quickly went through the cave behind the gym so that I can get my last badge for the region. Next I will train my Nidorina to lvl 43 and then evolve it with my Moonstone. I will bring Tangela on the lvl of the others and then defeat the Kimono Girls.

Well I'm sure Marriland wouldn't mind you using the Wedlock here as long as you give him credit as creator of the variant. Send him a message on YouTube or maybe through his website he seems like a nice guy I'm sure he would let you use it for this thread.

Marriland's a busy dude, it's almost guaranteed I wouldn't get a response. :lol: Not as though that's a valid excuse t' not try, obviously.

He's also a cool dude from what I understand, so I s'pose it wouldn't hurt t' include it officially... if by some odd chance he caught wind'a this thread, and under the even less likely circumstance he wouldn't approve of it, ain't like there'l be any issues if I were to just remove it anyways. 'Specially if I force anyone who wants t' do the Challenge to watch his video explainin' the rules, as that's also a guaranteed plug for Marriland.com.

Yah as i said as long as you give full creative rights to Marriland himself within the challenge rules I'm sure he wouldn't have an issue. Especially if you do have ppl watch his Wedlocke rules video an extra plug of his Youtube channel couldnt hurt :p

Black Scramble Challenge Update 4!!

Today's adventure was short but it was tackling burghs gym. At the start i had a hard time trying to level up Deerling and Gastly but only because Deeling is weak to Bug attacks and Gastly has no real good attack. After finishing the puzzle I went to the center to heal then moved onto Burgh. I tried to start with Gastly and hypnosis the Whirlipede which actually hit. It woke up one turn later and used pursuit and now I'm panicing. I try to switch to Herdier and the Whirlipede uses pursuit again and makes my poor Gastly faint :(. He sends out Dwebble which i counter with my Machop and I low sweep till he uses his potions, then it faints after a few more hits. Lastly was Leavanny that i countered with my Whirlipede. One poison tail and I get the poison then I bug bite the rest of his HP away for an easy win.

Bambie (Gentle Deerling) Lvl 21
-Take Down
-Faint Attack
-Double Kick
-Leech Seed
OompaLoomp (Docile Gastly) Lvl 21
-Hypnosis
-Thief
-Confuse Ray
-Night Shade
Amperes (Hardy Tynamo) Lvl 21
-Tackle
-Charge Beam
-Spark
-Thunder Wave
Vincent (Jolly Herdier) Lvl 22

-Take Down
-Tackle
-Bite
-Work Up
ArmStrong (Relaxed Machop) Lvl 21

-Foresight
-Low Sweep
-Karate Chop
-Thief
Legs (Careful Whirlipede) Lvl 23
-Poison Tail
-Bug Bite
-Roll Out
-Iron Defense

Welcome t' the thread bro, 'bout time ya joined. Challenge accepted, hope ya enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Black Scramble Challenge Update 5!!

Today I realized I had forgotten a very important held item, the Eviolite. Poor Gastly could have used that during the fight with Burgh the last time. After getting the Eviolite and giving it to Gastly I begin the fight with Bianca. My goal was to use Gastly through the whole fight to get it closer to lvl 25 to become a Gastly but the fight didnt go as i had planned. I forget everyone and their brother has a Herdier so i had to swap to Deerling double kick for the win. Lets just say Gastly was not built to battle Bianca even though shes rather low in levels because her next Pokemon is Munna which i also forgot she owns, not a good fight to be gastly. I swap to Tynamo which should have been able to finish off Munna but of course faints from confusion *sigh*. Dewott was up next so I decided to give Deerling another shot, it started out fine but a crit Razor Shell takes out poor Deerling allowing Gastly to finish Dewott off. Lastly Pansear got a taste of Machops low sweep for an easy finish.

I begin my journey through the desert route but before fighting Cheren I figured I would do some running around and training. I enter the sand and ever 2 freaking steps I run into a mon, talk about frustrating. I had forgotten how strong Basculin can hit before fighting that fisherman with 4 of them at lvl 16 which he fainted poor Gastly (I'm seeing a trend here). Lets just say thank God for the rest house on the route. I go back to the other fisherman and surprise surprise more Basculin which some how have amazing crit rate and crit Tynamo and Machop down. Luckily Gastly was around to finish off the final Basculin. *grumble* Tympole lady kills Gastly with a crit bubblebeam -_-. After a trainer with 2 roggenrola and a Timburr, then another Trainer with a Timburr Gastly finally reaches lvl 25 and evolves into Haunter yaaay. I grab a few items off the ground then head back to take on Cheren.

The fight begins with Cheren sending out Pidove and I choose Tynamo which goes down to a single spark. His second Pokemon was Pansage so i decide to give Machop a chance to try out Seismic Toss after a Low sweep to be faster which finishes the little monkey off. Pignite is thrid so I use Machop to show him who the better fighting type is which doesnt go as smoothly as i had hoped but Machop still came out on top after many Seismic Tosses. Last but not least Liepard which goes down to a single Low Sweep for the win.

That concludes today's adventure. Happy hunting everyone.

Bambie (Gentle Deerling) Lvl 22
-Take Down
-Faint Attack
-Double Kick
-Leech Seed
OompaLoomp (Docile Haunter) Lvl 25
-Hypnosis
-Shadow Punch
-Confuse Ray
-Night Shade
Amperes (Hardy Tynamo) Lvl 21
-Tackle
-Charge Beam
-Spark
-Thunder Wave
Vincent (Jolly Herdier) Lvl 22

-Take Down
-Tackle
-Bite
-Work Up
ArmStrong (Relaxed Machop) Lvl 23

-Foresight
-Low Sweep
-Karate Chop
-Seismic Toss
Legs (Careful Whirlipede) Lvl 23
-Poison Tail
-Bug Bite
-Roll Out
-Iron Defense

Welcome t' the thread amigo. It ain't a bad place to get your second post. ;) Challenge accepted. Have fun bro. :thumbsup:

Grand choice usin' a Jolteon, by the way. I'm a fan'a it myself; the Eeveelutions in general, really.

Pokemon HeartGold Monotype Run Ground Update 1!

I started my adventure today! I started with Chikorita so that my Ground types would effortlessly destroy his future Typhlosion. I progressed through Cherrygrove to Mr.Pokemon's house, beat the rival and named him Ginger. I then traded over an egg, which hatched into my first official team member, Numel! (Nicknamed "Humpback".) I did a bit of grinding with Caterpie's, Metapods and Pidgeys. I then proceeded through Route 30 as I incapacitated all the Caterpie's and Weedle's with Ember (Learned at lvl 5). Humpback and I made it to Violet City, where we received the VS. Recorder from good old Lyra.

After easily beating the Sprout Tower, we received TM70 Flash, and escaped unharmed. Our next challenge: The Gym. In the Gym, as usual we easily beat the trainers and began the battle with Falkner. Pidgey opens up the battle by using Tackle, which Humpback takes it like a champ. Humpback effortlessly takes out Pidgey, despite being struck with Sand Attack. Pidgeotto was hit with multiple Embers, until we got a bit lucky with a Burn. The battle continued back and forth, Ember, Gust, Ember, Gust. Finally, Humpback took out Pidgeotto with the final Tackle to secure the victory.

After, Humpback and I received the "Mysterious Egg" from an aquaintance of Prof.Elm. We then met a Kimmono Girl, telling us that this Egg was important and to take care of it, after which Humback and I got Rock Smash.

Pokemon Heart Gold Monotype Run Ground Update 2!

After, Humpback and I headed down Route 32, yet again incapacitating all the useless Trainers. I then traded over another Egg, Mudkip! (Who I nicknamed "Swampy".) Afterwards Humpback was given a break, while Swampy received intense training in Union Cave until he reached lvl 15. The team and I spent quite a few minutes looking for our next team member, who was caught with 2 Pokeballs. It was Onix! (Nicknamed "Rocko".) Rocko got further training, and after defeating a Lvl 5 Zubat, with 1 Rock Tomb and a tackle, Rocko grew to Lvl 9 and learns Rock Throw. In the next battle against Hiker Russel, Rocko posessed no moves to successfully KO a Geodude, so Swampy took the stage and effortlessly sweeps Russel's team. During the midst of the battle, Swampy finally reaches Lvl 16! We all knew what that meant. After the battle, Swampy evolves into a Marshtomp! :D. He also learned Mud Shot, which replaced Growl.

After winning, Youngster Joey calls me, and brags constantly about his "Super Cool Rattata". The team, after being interrupted by a wild Sandshrew, takes on Firebreather Bill, after Rocko is healed and a Repel is laid out. Despite his 2 Koffing's being easily defeated by Rocko, he was poisoned from Smog. We continued the battle anyway, as I planned to heal Rocko after the battle. Rocko grows to Lvl 10, and we defeat him. I pick up a Great Ball before healing Rocko.

I switch Swampy to lead the party, as I know the next battle against Pokemaniac Larry, who starts with a Slowpoke, would KO Rocko with 1 Water Gun. The battle starts and ends quickly. Besides Rocko, Humpback hasn't been given any spotlight, so he leads the team as we begin to battle Hiker Anthony, who is easily defeated by an Earthquake and registered in the Pokegear for future battles. We also pick up an Awakening before leaving Union Cave. We then collect 2 Apricorns, but before that... Youngster Joey calls us again, bragging about his "Super Cool" not... Rattata. Afterwards, we FINALLY arive at... Azelea Town! Only to be welcomed with a rude awakening... It's Team Rocket!!! As he ruthlessly shouts and shoves a citizen, he reveals the shocking truth: Team Rocket has come back!

The Team:

Humpback Lvl 15(Adamant Numel) PKRS, Oblivious.
-Ember
-Tackle
-Attract
-
Earthquake

Rocko Lvl 10 (Calm Onix) PKRS, Sturdy.
-Rock Throw
-Harden
-Rock Tomb
-Screech

Swampy Lvl 16 (Relaxed Marshtomp) PKRS, Torrent.
-Tackle
-Mud Shot
-Mud-Slap
-Water Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back