The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello :) I decided to do a scrambled challenge. I will do it on my soulsilver with a full team. I can not trade with myself so it can only be pokemon that you can get there.

Welcome t' the forums bro, your Challenge is accepted. I'll give ya Nidoqueen and Seaking (RNG sure has a way with makin' lulz happen). Avoid those Psychic-types, and I hope ya enjoy your Challenge. :thumbsup:

I'd suggest a nickname or two, but I ain't too good at those... on a whim, I'd personally name Seaking "FUCK YEAH!". >_>;

Pokemon Soulsilver Scrambled Challenge, update #1:
I started my adventure with Cyndaquil and named it "Burner". I trained it a bit on my way to Mr. Pokemon so that I won't have problems with the rival. After I defeated him and got my first Pokeballs I got me a Pidgey. I also told Mother to save money for me so she will maybe get me a moonstone for Nidoqueen. On my way to Violet City I defeated all the trainers and as then went to the Bellsprout Tower. I caught a Rattata for HMs trained,and defeated the elder to get Flash. After I healed my Pokemon I went to the gym. I fought Falkner with Pidgey and Cyndaquil on lvl. 12.I defeated him with only 5hp on Cyndaquil left (damn Roost -.-) Cyndaquil evolved. I defeated all the trainers on the way to Union Cave. Over the Pokemon Center there I found Frieda Friday and she gave me a poison barb :D In the Pokemon Center I got an old rod so I can get my Goldeen.

Yah sry for starting so fast i had nothing to do that day haha figured i would get an early start knowing i would be away for a few days. Every onei saw that started a challenge i assumed everyone is accepted that comes and joins the thread. Will have an update tomorrow sometime most likely. Happy hunting everyone.

Aye, no worries. Anyone can start their Challenges 'fore it gets accepted. The only issue is if it isn't accepted (misunderstanding/outright breaking rules, the Challenge not bein' an officially recognized combination, etc.). Then any progress ya made will of been a waste of time. Unless ya don't care much for gettin' into the Hall of Fame, 'course.

I got an old rod so I can get my Goldeen.

I'd recommend waitin' 'til that Good Rod if you're impatient as I am (I'm infinitely patient for IRL fishing...), as Goldeen only has a 5% encounter rate via the 'Karp Rod.

It's even worse when you fish at the wrong place for 20 minutes :D As soon as I looked up where I can get Goldeen it was relatively fast :) btw I called it **** YEAH :D

Pokemon Soulsilver Scrambled Challenge, Update 2:
After fishing at the wrong spot I catched my Goldeen in the Union Cave. I trained it while I walked through the cave by putting it at the top of my team and then switching out until it learned Water Pulse. Team Rocket was no problem and the gym was easy because I had 3 Pokemon with super effective attacks against bucks. The rival was a bit harder but still no real challenge. After going through the Ilex Forest I went to route 35 to get my female Nidoran. It was usefull in the gym because it has Double Kick. But before that I used it in the battles against all the trainers in the area, so it can be on a decent level and evolve. The only problem in the gym was the Miltank which wiped out my whole team on the first try. On the second try I changed my strategy a bit by sinking its accuracy with Sand Attack and then finaly defeated it after I had to revive my Nidorina.

Team:
- Nidorina lvl 20 (Adamant) with Rivalry
- Poison Sting
- Fury Swipes
- Tail Whip
- Double Kick
- Pidgeotto lvl 20 (hardy) with Tangled Feet
- U-Turn
- Sand Attack
- Gust
- Quick Attack
- Goldeen lvl 20 (brave) with Water Veil
- Peck
- Water Pulse
- Horn Attack
- Supersonic
- Quilava lvl 20 (mild) with Blaze
- Headbutt
- Leer
- Flamewheel
- Ember

Black Scramble Challenge Update 3!!

Starting off today I ran into N outside of Lenora's gym and took out his lvl 13 pokemon with out even breaking a sweat. Entered inside just to have Lenora's husband talk to much. After which I did the gym puzzle having Machop take out the trainers not even taking a hit in the process. After finishing the puzzle the battle with Lenora began with Machop 2 hitting Herdier but almost fainting from one Take Down after she used leer once (wow). I decided to use my own Herdier against her Watchog which also fainted in 2 hits from my Herdiers Take Down.

And so begins the next plasma event. While doing the beginning of pinwheel forest i come across my first Ranger which has a Herdier. I started that fight with Gastly and realized that is probably a bad decision so i swap to Deerling thinking double kick will do enough damage to 2hit KO him.....Herdier faints poor Deerling with a Take Down :( so I used my own Herdier to get revenge Mwhaha. The rest of the forest went easily getting every pokemon on my team to at least lvl 19 and I then moved on to Castelia City.

In Castelia City I make my way to the Battle Company for some more training. The first few trainers went down with out a fight then a Lady Clerk almost kills my Gastly with a Petilil -_-. After i heal up and continue fighting the next clerk I forget Basculin has bite which takes down my Gastly....fools error haha. After i revenge Gastly with Machop and Tynamo I head upstairs to take on the rest of the Battle Company. On the upper floor the first Clerk i fight has a ...... woobat .... the pokemon bane of 4/6 of my teams exsistance but luckily herdier is there to save my arse. I have no issues with the rest of the clerks trolling the floor and i moved on the Boss of the Battle Company. Luckily Gastly shut him down very easily with Trubbish only using Toxic Spikes untill it died and Minccino Asleep and Confused i used Thief to widdle it down till it killed itself with confusion. With the battle Company done i finished my running around for items in town and bought myself some Lemonade.

Lastly I did the short plasma event in town which helped my Venipede evolve into a Whirlipede and now i sit outside Burgh's Gym for next time. Happy hunting everyone.

Bambie (Gentle Deerling) Lvl 20
OompaLoomp (Docile Gastly) Lvl 20
Amperes (Hardy Tynamo) Lvl 21
Vincent (Jolly Herdier) Lvl 21
ArmStrong (Relaxed Machop) Lvl 21
Legs (Careful Whirlipede) Lvl 22

Last edited:
Soulsilver Scrambled Challenge, Update #3: I am updating very often, but I don't have anything better to do at the moment.
After I finnished the 3rd gym I went to defeat the Sudowoodo which was really hard because I forgot to heal. After I healed my Pokemon I went to Ecruteak City. On the way I defeated all the trainers with my Quilava because I was planning to solo Morty with him. After defeating my weak rival and meeting Suicune I tried defeated all the trainers that I was able to reach at that point to get Quilava as strong as possible. At Morty I found out that my Quilava still was to weak to fight his gengar but then I found out that it can't to anything against my Pidgeotto while I use Sand Attack. After that is was an easy fight. I then continuted to go to Olvine City. In the light house I didn't use my Quilava so that the other Pokemon could catch up to him. I then went to Cianwood and only encountered 2 Tentacolls??? I mostly used my Pidgeotto to get ready for Chuck, but I then decide to save him for later because you should care of every Chuck. Also Gust on Pidgeotto is useless. Jasmine also was relatively easy because my Quilava still was pretty srong because of the training. But I used my Pidgeotto to weaken Steelix' attack with Feather Dance.
- Elizabeth (Nidorina) lvl 25 (Adamant) with Rivalry
- Poison Sting
- Strenght
- Bite
- Double Kick
- Pidgeotto (Pidgeotto(Best. NICKNAME. EVER. :D )) lvl 29 (hardy) with Tangled Feet
- U-Turn
- Feather Dance
- Gust
- Quick Attack
- **** Yeah (Goldeen) lvl 25 (brave) with Water Veil
- Flail ( should have kept Peck for Chuck :/ )
- Surf
- Horn Attack
- Supersonic
- Burner (Quilava) lvl 32 (mild) with Blaze
- Swift
- Leer
- Flame Wheel
- Ember

HM Pokemon:
Rattata with Rock Smash and Cut

Last edited:
Sapphire, scramble, water monotype, no items run - UPDATE 1

Well, hello everyone! Have been really busy with Uni stuff all week so eventually I got down to some pokemon quality time. Got to starting my latest challenge but before hand, I bulbapedia'd the pokemon that have been chosen (Swampert, Whiscash, Azumarill, Crawdaunt, Walrien and MOTHER F****** KYOGRE) And dear lord, these guys all have AWFUL move sets. Like really bad. I am really going to feel the burn when I cant use TMs (why oh why oh why did I make the no items rule an extra condition) Take Crawdaunt for example. It's only STAB dark move that it learns naturally is Knock Off. Which has a whopping TWENTY damage points. The lack of TM usage is really going to make some of the 'mons obsolete. Like Azumarill. There is nothing that it can possibly contribute that no other 'mon on the team can do. I am predicting that I'll over level Swampert, Whiscash (Gonna use him as a rest/snore kind of guy, useful when I can't use potions) and Walrien, use Azumarill and Crawdaunt as switch out fodder, and at the end of the game just abuse Kyogre's drizzle and legendary stats. Can I do that? Can I just not really use two pokemon at all in a scramble challenge? :p

TL;DR monotype and no items sucks

Anyway here is my first update:
-New game, female character, name her Blondie
-SO I HEARD U LEIK MUDKIPZ? Hells yeah, grab me a male Mudkip, name him Sir. Kipper
-I grind to level 10 before battling Brendan (its a habit that I have of getting your starter to 10 before you leave the first route)
-First battle with the rival is easy peasy. Meet up with my dad, and get wally his first 'mon.
-Make my way up through petalburg woods, to Rustborough. I am such a pack rat, and the transition to not using or even collecting items is difficult :L
-I am level 16 by the time it is Gym o'clock, Sir. Kipper evolves and learns mudshot
-Completely own the gym. Sing Roxanne all the way through. Wahey, first badge!
-Deal with team aqua, catch a Zigzagoon (name it Noogazgiz, GENIUS) as a HM slave. I teach it cut, but then remember IT'S USELESS because i cant use any of the items that the trees block access too.
-Travel with Mr. Briny and Peeko to Dewford, Stumble blindly around Dewford cave for like five minutes, give Steven his letter. You just wait Steven, for when I whip yo ass with a whale god.
-Brawly's Gym is fairly straightforward, and I beat it quite easily. Sir Kipper is level 24 by the end of it.
-Short update, but I am still short on time for the moment, more coming soon!

Current team

Sir Kipper - Marshtomp - Lvl 24
-Water Gun
-Mud Shot
-Tackle
-Bide

PS. Also, thought this was good

h14D645FE.png

That picture is epic beyond words haha. I'm trying out the nuzlocke variation called a wedlocke made by Marriland on my soul silver along side doing my scramble challenge here. So far I've felt nuzlocks hard cold sting when you have to release a good mon :(.

Soulsilver Scrambled Challenge, Update 4:
After i defeated Jasmine I wanted to defeat Chuck. The trainers in the gym were no problem but I fainted 2 times in a row while fighting, because Supersonic missed his Nyorobonl. So I decide to do all the trainers on the way to the safari zone and then fought some wild Pokemon, so I can get my Pidgeotto on lvl 37 to learn Wing Attack and then I let it evolve. With Pidgeot I defeated Primeape with one hit and Nyorobonl with two. Finaly I was able to use Fly :) I After I defeated a trainer Mother called and said she has an item for me. I went to the market and received a Moonstone, but I will only use it when Nidorina learned Poison Fang. I defeated the red Gyrados and then continued to whipe out team Rocket's base while using my Nidorina and switch it out so that it can level. I had to go heal a view times because the free hits I gave them hurt my other Pokemon. While I was defeating them my Goldeen evolved into a Seaking and my Quilava evolved into Typhlosion. Now it should be easy to defeat Pryze. I teached Seaking the move Swagger so that I have a higher chance to confuse the enemy Pokemon if needed. The Rest of his Seal was really annoying, so it took me a lot of pp to finally defeat it. His Piloswine defeated my Thyphlosion and Seaking so I had to use Pidgeot, which fortunately only took one more hit with Fly. Jewgong wasn't a big problem. I then continued to train my Nidorina with team Rocket in Goldenrod City, after I took the exp. share. I healed when ever I had to leave a building. None of the members was a problem, but their Boss managed to defeat Thyphlosion and Pidgeot.

- Elizabeth (Nidorina) lvl 37 (Adamant) with Rivalry
- Poison Sting
- Strenght
- Toxicspikes
- Double Kick
- Pidgeot lvl 38 (hardy) with Tangled Feet
- U-Turn
- Fly
- Wing Attack
- Quick Attack
- **** Yeah (Seaking) lvl 37 (brave) with Water Veil
- Aquaring
- Surf
- Horn Attack
- Swagger
- Burner (Thyphlosion) lvl 38 (mild) with Blaze
- Swift
- Leer
- Flame Wheel
- Lava Plume

HM Pokemon:
Rattata with Rock Smash and Cut (will get replaced by a Pokemon that also can learn strenght)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question about my challenge. I just got the 8th badge, but my last teammember who wasn't a HM Pokemon was killed before the poison took her last Pokemon out. If I wouldn't have had that Rattata I would have lost. Was that a legit win or do I have to do that battle again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back