The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised it's not listed here, but I have a challenge for BW. The Gen V games had (until patches were introduced) and anti-piracy that prevented the player from getting exp on a downloaded ROM. Thus, my challenge was this: No Experience at all. That means no exp from battles (use a ROM or an AR code), no daycare, no Rare Candies and no dupes. It's a challenge that flucuates in difficulty. I have videos for all 8 Gym Leaders (with subtitles explaining where I got certain Pokémon from, extra info, tactics, etc.) in this challenge. [video=youtube;qFpQCru8nvc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFpQCru8nvc[/video] I'll be uploading the Elite 4 and end of game soon (it's possible, I've finished it but the last battle was 30 minutes long). Anyone want to combine this with another challenge?

Wow... That's a brilliant challenge, actually. Possibly the best contribution I've seen a first post on a forum ever do. Whether that's some shameless advertising or not, thanks for that. :lol:

Unfortunately, at the same time, emulation discussion isn't allowed here, because it's illegal warez... I can't go and make that an official challenge. =/

Unless there is a known AR code to prevent EXP gain, anywho.

Probably will do this some day for the sake of challenge, regardless... :lol:

When you put it like that, I guess it is shameless advertising...

Anyway, I know discussing emulators and ROMs is prohibited, but the fact the anti-piracy exists is where I got the inspiration from to attempt this challenge.

And yes, there's an AR code but I don't know it off the top of my head. I'll grab it and add it to this post in an edit...

Edit:
Exp x 0
Black:
521CB52C 59A8437E
023AE840 2000437E
023AE844 477051A8
021CB52C F988F1E3
D2000000 00000000

White:
521CB54C 59A8437E
023AE840 2000437E
023AE844 477051A8
021CB54C F978F1E3
D2000000 00000000

Not sure which region that's for (where I got it from it said USA, UK, GER, SPA, FRA, ITA).

Last edited:
-Challenge Update-

After Eterna City, I quickly made my way past route 206, and gained some nice experience from all the fellow bikers on the path. I would have to return there later after being able to use strength, so I can get earthquake in Wayward Cave. With that done, I soon made it to Hearthome City after traveling through Mt. Coronet.

There was quite a bit to do in Hearthome, but most of it I was too lazy to actually perform.The only worth while thing I did there was battling my rival. It was extremely simple. All of my pokemon out-leveled and out-preformed his. After crushing him under my feet, I made it to Solaceon Town.

There was virtually nothing do in that small excuse for a town, but I did get Strength from the creepy old ladies on the top floor of the Lost Tower. Next I pushed through Route 210 and 215, in order to get to Veilstone City. This also leveled up my Pokemon quite a bit, as I
needed it for the fighting-typed gym coming up quickly.

And so I made it to Veilstone, got a few items, and went to challenge the gym. After
squeezing every last bit of experience from the trainers there, and easily completing the
puzzle, I challenged Maylene. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy. First of all, they were all
fighting type, and second, I did not have the time to level up my pokemon enough.
Surprisingly, her first to Pokemon were easy. However, the Lucario was a HUGE pain. It
KO'd 5 of my Pokemon, so it came down to a one-on-one dual between her Lucario and Link
the Staraptor. Eventually I won, even after terrible luck on my side.

Having obtained the Cobble badge, I made quick work of some Galactic Grunts, obtained Fly, taught it to Link, and was finished for the time being.

Last edited:
And yes, there's an AR code but I don't know it off the top of my head. I'll grab it and add it to this post in an edit...

Edit:
Exp x 0
Black:
521CB52C 59A8437E
023AE840 2000437E
023AE844 477051A8
021CB52C F988F1E3
D2000000 00000000

White:
521CB54C 59A8437E
023AE840 2000437E
023AE844 477051A8
021CB54C F978F1E3
D2000000 00000000

Not sure which region that's for (where I got it from it said USA, UK, GER, SPA, FRA, ITA).

Even if it's a wrong region, many thanks. =) That confirms it exists, so I can go dig up and test codes myself. This challenge just might be official yet; although, I doubt anyone besides myself would take it up.

Unless by emulator, but... yeah. >_>;

However, the Lucario was a HUGE pain. It
KO'd 5 of my Pokemon, so it came down to a one-on-one dual between her Lucario and Link
the Staraptor. Eventually I won, even after terrible luck on my side.

CLOSE COMBAT FOR TOP TIER YEAH!

-Challenge Update-

With my newly obtained HM, I flew to Hearthome city, and made my way down Route 212. While there, I visited the Pokemon Mansion just for the heck of it, and also made sure to battle all of the trainers in te route as this is the primary training for my Pokemon. Nothing else noteworthy happened, except annoying rain and mud. After battling all of the trainers, I finally made it to Pastoria City.

Pastoria is a small city, so the only thing to do was to challenge the gym. After doing a tiny bit of level grinding back in Route 212, I battled all the gym trainers and made it to Wake. This gym was a lot easier than the fighting gym. The Garydos managed to KO two of my weakest Pokemon, only because of it's high attack power and a few critical hits on it's side. However, then came Spinda. Spinda solved it's not-listening problem some time before, and with the newly learned Dizzy Punch, it swept Wake's entire team, earning me the Fen Badge!

Since I somehow kept my sanity after the B&W no exp challenge, I should go ahead and find a way to lose that.

[video=youtube;a_HUlGcztRk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_HUlGcztRk[/video]

Stupid bulbapedia tricking me about Mankey's moveset. Forgot to check the Gen III chart so I thought it knew Low Kick and could sweep Brock's gym...

So, how many tries did it take to poison the rocks to death? :lol:

That's not a manbearpig, that's a monkey.

"Mankey!"

/terrible reference

It was easier than you'd expect. Didn't know that Onix now has Rock Tomb (was expecting Bide), so the first attempt was a complete fail.

Also, Mankey is half manbear, half pig and half monkey... :lol:

(Misty is NOT going to be fun, that is assuming I ever reach her...)

I've been thinking about speed running Red (to hell with yellow and Pikachu =/), Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum lately... All in order, 'course. Noone's taken the speed challenge in quite some time, and I woulda thought it'd be pretty popular. Might as well throw my name onto the list a few times.

(Misty is NOT going to be fun, that is assuming I ever reach her...)

You'd be wise to catch a Paras and a bundle of Oddish/Bellsprout. :lol:

Has anyone ever heard of the "Christian mode" challenge? It's similar to the unevolved mode, but there's some additional rules.
-Can't use dark, psychic, or ghost type Pokemon, or any moves of those types
-Legendaries must be killed
-Cannot use fossils and must avoid science labs as much as possible
-Cannot play at game corners
-Cannot use "narcotics" (rare candy, PP Up, etc)
-Cannot use Ekans, Arbok, Seviper, or Serperior
-Pokemon must be level 22 before they breed and two Pokemon of the same gender cannot be at the daycare together
-Pokemon may not breed with multiple partners
-If an egg is obtained, it must remain in the party until it's hatched and level 18

I'm trying this one right now on Emerald. It's starting to get really hard (and I'm lazy) and I'm thinking I might give up and do scramble and/or monotype.

Lmao, that challenge's rules in relation to Christianity made me lolhard. Hey J, you up for one of these? :lol:

Regardless of my unintelligible amusement, that's an interesting challenge, though... I wouldn't imagine it being difficult enough to merit the name challenge, but it'd probably be an interesting ruleset to play by. Where'd you hear of it MrRagnar? I'm curious if there're any more religion-based challenges, hah.

Whoever made that is a genius. I might do that with Emerald. After my B&W bug type run. I'm going to start that again. Screw Yanma. I want to kill it right about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back