what did you do to get the wii

went to a best buy in northern california...got there at 8:30 AM and was standing in line and then it started raining. HAHA

i waited 16 hours in line at the local target

it was a true test of survival

all we had to live on was

a 2 liter of coke and a supersize bag of doritos and there was 7 of us

I standby on Ebay for 16hrs before I won one Wii package+Zelda for USD400 plus USD50 shipping....

I love my Wii!!

hmm not much...on launch day I went to best buy at 5am (so not needed since the line wasn't much but didn't want go home);stood/sat in line and read a book while I waited.

pre ordered mine today (yes i know its very late to order). im a very high number, so im going to have to go on a hunt to see if i can find a small store to sell me one.

p.s. im number 45 at woolworths (they didnt let us know they were allowing pre-orders til yesterday)

Last edited:
waited outside a bestbuy for 6 hrs with some friends. in oakland none the less. a few hours before the store opened, a bunch of african american gentlemen ;) rolled up and just stood outside their cars staring at us.

Waited in a 24 hour walmart for 17 hours. played a career mode of guitar hero with my fellow nerds. dipped out for a half an hour and hit the herb....and made fun of people that walked by and made fun of us, and watched the original star wars trilogy along with like 4 other movies. one of hte guys working there was in line so he hooked up the movies

Ebay...

Hate to admit it, but got mine on ebay.

Spent about a week watching the Buy-It-Now auctions, because people were paying 450+ for the regular auctions but occasionally Buy-It-Nows were going for 375 and would stay there for an hour or so (people are too stupid to search properly I guess). I didn't pounce on those either, eventually hit upon a semi used with banana blitz for 369. Not bad considering after tax for Wii plus game is 320. Did pay an extra $25 for shipping as well. Either way got it on paypal buy it now so I can use my student loan money next semester :)

**I'm a bad bad man..**

//Then wife made me put it up till Christmas because its a "Family Present" .. blah.. Kids would be happy with it no matter when...

Back