what did you do to get the wii

28 hours in front of a super walmart, small town so we only got 20, had to get there friday at 8pm

I called Gamestop at 9:15 on the day of pre-orders. They were taking 9 pre-orders and had 6 people in line (for 10am opening). I left work, drove 80 mph to get there at 9:25 and got pre-order #8. They opened early, and I was back at work by 10am.

Ok, now I'm scared! Is Woolworths really bad? I've pre ordered my brothers Wii from there-paid in full! The only reason I've ordered it with them is 'cos PC World sold out.
I've never pre ordered anything before-should I have gone to HMV instead?:ee5k:

i pestered my local game store managers into a preorder dealie (and baked them cookies on launch night/morning). exploiting loopholes is AWESOME.

#12 out of 100 or so at my best buy. was only promised 15 in the store so we spent the night :mad2:

they did run out though so :thumbsup:

I stood outside of Gamestop for a half hour (it was about 33F) for a preorder. Got a voucher, went back to the warm truck and waited for a half hour to pass before the store opened -- got on the internet with my laptop and Sprint PCS Power Vision connection, listened to some music on XM, and watched that last half hour fly by.
;)

Drove to Gamestop launch night, walked in, picked up my Wii, walked out.

Cake.

Was out shopping in Guildford for new jeans, walked into HMV, no queue, walked up to counter and pre-orderd my Wii.

Total time waiting = 0 minutes.

Will I get Wii on launch = yes

Am I happy = yes :)

Got to target at 10:45 AM on launch day ( stores don't open until Noon on Sundays), was number 15 in line and 15 minutes later they handed out 23 tickets.

went into the source to ask when they'll get the next shipment, was told they had one, got it 2 hours ago, no one asked for it... bought it, hugged it for half hour, opened it and then I dunno... the weekend is a blur...

Waited in line for 7 hours at a Gamestop, I was 1st in line, the store only got 6. I was also offered money for my spot as well, but I wanted my Wii now and passed the offers.

Got it Black friday.

i just reserved it and then i got a call saying your nintendo wii is here

Eb games only had 9 wiis I feel sorry for the other people who were PRAYING they overstocked but I waited 22 hours in cold the manager gave me a wii shirt when he came by to get something and couldn't believe I had already been there.

I got pics on my myspace (of the line)
www.myspace.com/returnofthesandalking

Kikkoken where did you get that bad as link sig I want it

LEGEND OF ZELDA ****ING OWNS

but the style the dude is using in the sig is pointless it only takes a jump shot and a finish to kill those guys.

Last edited:
I got the Wii so it can cook my breakfast and make my bed every morning. It's so sweet.

DAMN IT

I thought I was the only one to think of key wii.

Who here was at eb games at westgate I know some of you are in atx.

Back