Wheres all the hate?

toggle

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
Hiya,

I've just come off the numerous PS3 forums since im bored at work and just want something to read.

Well I noticed, roughly 60% of their topics seem to be people arguing whos better out of the xbox 360 and ps3; dont you think its funny that the Wii forums get none of these debates.

Why do you think this is?

Does everyone besides Wii fans not know of the Wii's awesome gameplay that the disregard it as serious competition.
Or is it the fact that they know the Wii is hands down the best console in this gneration and they are desperatly struggling who should be in 2nd place.

toggle said:
Hiya,

I've just come off the numerous PS3 forums since im bored at work and just want something to read.

Well I noticed, roughly 60% of their topics seem to be people arguing whos better out of the xbox 360 and ps3; dont you think its funny that the Wii forums get none of these debates.

Why do you think this is?

Does everyone besides Wii fans not know of the Wii's awesome gameplay that the disregard it as serious competition.
Or is it the fact that they know the Wii is hands down the best console in this gneration and they are desperatly struggling who should be in 2nd place.

I think it's mainly because the PS3 and 360 are very similar consoles, and both are trying to deliver the same kind of games and the same gaming experience, so there's competition between the two groups of fanboys who believe their system is better.

Since the Wii isn't shooting for the same graphics or gameplay they are, it's not really part of the competition. I think they respect the Wii as a console, as it seems to be selling very well, but its a different experience. There isn't really much to argue over between the Wii and another system, because everyone already knows that X system will beat the Wii graphically.

We're all about love :blush2:
Nah, j/k :lol:

MetroidZ said:
I was about to say the same things. Also, these forums aren't about hate

If there was another console that had been released, that was very similar to the Wii in most aspects, I bet 60 % of our topics would be arguing between the two groups of fanboys too.

cool, i guess that clears that up then. Just it seems quite funny how heated the arguments get between the xbox 360 and ps3.

I can see the Wii having a good run in this console generation. Like you said, the Wii offers a totally different gameplay. The wii, as such doesn't have any direct competition, the only being the PS3 and its controller but we all know that sucks in comparsion.

When it comes to games designers; if they want a game that uses motion sensing the wii is really the only option. If a company wanted a good graphical game then theres severe competition between ps3 and xbox 360 like you just said - meaning one console is going to loose out along the way.

There have been threads about hate for other consoles... but what can you do...

I can say the 360 looks good...

The PS3 looks good too...

the Wii looks mediocre by visual comparison...

But I know Nintendo are getting my money...

If I want nice graphics I'll play something on my PC (X850pro 256mg graphics card)...

I might go an join some PS3 forums and install Elder Scrolls : Oblivion, Need for Speed Carbon & CoD3 and show them that the PS3 isn't that "advanced" because my PC graphics card (its about £150) isn't top of the range :)

TheRook

Big_Mill said:
If I cared enough about the PS3 id hate it but I dont, it looks pretty good in truth bar the price, but ive already got a 360 and getting a wii. Sony in general on the other hand I do hate.

Couln't have said it better myself.

have you guys even PLAYED ps3? it's pretty sweet, just prohibitively expensive and a hassle to setup and switch between games. I might cop one in 2-3 years when there's a decent library of games and I don't gotta swap out a kidney for it.

toggle said:

You obviously haven't been here long, have you? We've had more than our fair share of Next-gen console debates here. It just seemed to get alot older, alot quicker than other sites since most people on here wrote everything that was on their mind at the time of the first or second thread that popped up. Now, I just stay away from those threads. Most people on here know how I feel about each console, no need for me to beat a dead horse.

Just because we are on a Wii forum doesn't mean all we play is Wii.

I used to be a MASSIVE Sony/Playstation fan, but when the PSP came out and realised the games were garbage I lost all love and have come back to faithful Nintendo who give the public what they want.

FUN.GAMES.AND.GAME.PLAY.

If I want nice graphics I'll play something on my PC (X850pro 256mg graphics card)...

yes, I have been saying this all along also. I don't know if these psfanboys have crappy computers or what. For 700$ I can get a barbone system and a top of the line graphics card. And I'll be doing a lot more with it then you can with your ps3. You can't honetly say boring ass games are fun as long as the graphics are good. I have a good system and I still don't put the graphics as high as they could be on games like CS:S simply to insure everything is perfectly smooth when playing online.

The one thing I like about the ps3 is the blu-ray. But I am definitely not going to hav e a ps3 as the centerpiece in my living room. As much as I know it would turn ladies on. And yes that was very much so sarcasm.

To each his own. People like the systems for different reasons. Really it all boils down to experience and franchises. Final fantasy fanatics(COME BACK []SOFT!) are gonna stay with ps, halo fanatics with xbox, mario/ssb/zelda with nintendo.

Last edited:
vagrant said:
For 700$ I can get a barbone system and a top of the line graphics card. And I'll be doing a lot more with it then you can with your ps3.

Really? Please, build me a $700 computer with a cell processor, Blu-Ray player, Wifi, 60 gig drive, and wireless keyboard and mouse. I would love to see it.

Back