Why is Sonic all alone?

Damascus said:
Tails seems more fit...

Tails (Miles per hour, get it? o_O) is more popular.

And when there's sonic, there's miles per hour.

*Yes, I DO know Tails' real name. If you know enough, you'll find out why I call him mph.*

I never caught that! Repped! :lol:
Nice...

Anyways, I'd only want Tails playable if,

A. No voice acting.
B. He ran like he did in the Genesis games.

That run cycle was so cool.

Mr. Game and Watch isn't the only single character...Pit, the Ice Climbers and Samus are so far alone in representing their series. Yoshi and Wario too, if you consider them from different series.

Anyways, I think Knuckles is a given...more of a fighter than Miles. He was also randomly mentioned in the Dojo website, under Sonic's music entry.

Damascus said:
Tails seems more fit...

Tails (Miles per hour, get it? o_O) is more popular.

And when there's sonic, there's miles per hour.

*Yes, I DO know Tails' real name. If you know enough, you'll find out why I call him mph.*

yesss true sonic fan... miles "tails" prower.

didnt think many other people noticed that :D

hotsammysl said:
yesss true sonic fan... miles "tails" prower.

didnt think many other people noticed that :D

Oh come on. You guys are making me feel bad for not realizing that.

But I've been a Sonic fan since a young age, so I guess I got used to the name before I understood plays on words.

Oh, and there IS a difference between being a fan and a fanboy, people.

@AtomicB, ever heard of ocremix.org? Amateur remixers take video game music and do awesome remixes of them. If you like music and video games it's awesome. Not sure if that song is on there but lots of other sonic songs are.

Back on subject. While Knuckles is cooler, I think tails would fit into brawl better. He's got the tails for his up+B special and if Fox can use a landmaster for a final smash, tails can hop in the tornado. What would be cooler than both of themm though, is Metal Sonic.

anax4aero said:
Mr. Game and Watch isn't the only single character...Pit, the Ice Climbers and Samus are so far alone in representing their series. Yoshi and Wario too, if you consider them from different series.

Anyways, I think Knuckles is a given...more of a fighter than Miles. He was also randomly mentioned in the Dojo website, under Sonic's music entry.
When was this?
ill go check.
Edit:I saw it but maybe its a hint saying that youll unlock him on subspace on that level (angel isle zone).

Last edited:
powerpc127 said:
@AtomicB, ever heard of ocremix.org? Amateur remixers take video game music and do awesome remixes of them. If you like music and video games it's awesome. Not sure if that song is on there but lots of other sonic songs are.

Back on subject. While Knuckles is cooler, I think tails would fit into brawl better. He's got the tails for his up+B special and if Fox can use a landmaster for a final smash, tails can hop in the tornado. What would be cooler than both of themm though, is Metal Sonic.

Yeah, I've heard of it. I already checked and found zilch... =.='`...
I ended up making my own. A bit slow, but I like it anyways.

Metal Sonic from the OVA/Sonic CD. That was the best version.

And it's funny, the creator of the Sonic games was a DBZ fan. He actually was subscribed to the manga. :lol:

Maybe Super Sonic was more of an easter egg at first.

SkullKid said:
The blue blur would be nothing if he didn't have his buds. Knuckles has the perfect fighting spirit brawl exhibits. Tails adds to the cute/tough character scheme of the series. I mean seriously, the only one on smash bros EVER that had no one else from his series,unless im missing someone, is Game and Watch. and he's..... well....Game and Watch.
hey man dont hate on game and watch he's wicked lol but ya i know what you mean. but knuckles would have a clone moveset i think so maybe he'll just be an alternate color option or something. but i wish tails was in the game... although it would just add ANOTHER floaty character to the game lol

oh and with regards to anax4aero's comment...all is good but any character Mario rides around on in his games cannot possibly be considered a standalone character

Knuckles and Tails (knuckles especially) would certainly make for great characters in brawl, but I'm 99% sure that they'll be assist trophies at the most. I mean, three characters from one 3rd party game seems like pushing it to me, especially when there are other characters that deserve a spot in brawl...
Megaman, anyone?

I doubt that with the few 3rd-party spots there is, that 2 characters from one series would take up such a large fraction of that. But, since it hasn't been confirmed, it's still a possibility.

Why don't you make another thread, actually a lot of threads about ''Why is snake,samus,yoshi,wario,mr. game and watch,pit,ike and cpt. olimar are all alone"

Seriously, if your going to create this thread be less of a fan boy. state real reasons because when i read it it shouted ''I love the sonic series and everyone in it should be in it too" Not "Sonic deserves another spot, just like many of the other great fighters on brawl"

He doesn't deserve another rep. he deserves some more things though. like mabye his own stage and items.

With the Angel Island Music on smash bros. dojo, I'm pretty sure sonic WILL get his own stage. I also believe that tails and knuckles will be assist trophies, but nothing more.

balrogs.pa said:
Why don't you make another thread, actually a lot of threads about ''Why is snake,samus,yoshi,wario,mr. game and watch,pit,ike and cpt. olimar are all alone"

Seriously, if your going to create this thread be less of a fan boy. state real reasons because when i read it it shouted ''I love the sonic series and everyone in it should be in it too" Not "Sonic deserves another spot, just like many of the other great fighters on brawl"

He doesn't deserve another rep. he deserves some more things though. like mabye his own stage and items.
hey, man. No reason to get angry. and I am not a fanboy of Sonic, I just think the series deserves more credit than its currently getting in brawl. just dont even go there with that fanboy crap. That's the kind of stuff that leads to alot of arguments and eventually possibly getting banned. Just post friendly criticism if you even do decide to criticize someone.

I was never angry. I was being sarcastic. It's hard to tell on the interweb.
Well i wasn't going for friendly. And it's not mean. Its neutral.
Arguing won't get you banned. Its how you argue, because I argue all the time on this website.

Back