wii haters!?

pYRo said:
What's the name of this site? cause im going to go there and give them a piece of my mind.

im not quite sure...i was googling wii and that happend to come it
but i think it was www.wiihatewii.com
not positive though

livid2639 said:
im not quite sure...i was googling wii and that happend to come it
but i think it was www.wiihatewii.com
not positive though

Here something interesting about the wii hatred;

http://newlevelgaming.blog-city.com/the_wii_hate_is_out_of_control.htm

and you can do a Google search, inter the words WII HATE and you find miles on miles of bloggs and articles and websites all spouting hatred for the wii. You wont have any problem finding any.

I think there's more to the wii hatred than just simply not liking it, that I can very well understand, but there is another layer to the dislike that is extreme, and I kinda think it is this hatred that the OP is trying to address.

Edit:

The intense hatred of the wii was evident even BEFORE it came out: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/profi...topic_id=m-100-24722093&user=Shinkada&print=1 Which adds credence to my other thought about this subject as well.

Last edited:
Well I must admit the guy from gamespot had a really convincing argument. /end sarcasm

He makes the Wii sound like the end of the world. I would be willing to take him seriously if he didn't seem so determined to discredit Zelda from being innovative (or even his inference that any man buying a Wii is being emasculated).

It's too bad that the Wii surpassed the 360 in sales, I guess I should go down to the street corner and dust off my cardboard sign.
dpan349l.jpg

LoganSix said:
Seriously dude, can you just look past your flawed logic and see the facts right in front of your face?

The Wii has outsold the 360's 2 year sales total in one year. That means the Wii is selling at twice the rate of the XBox 360. Nintendo has increased production, but there is only so much they can do when they are already making over a million consoles a month.

As far as the Wii only having bad ports and non-innovative games, that is such BS. Just the fact that you can do normal real-life movements to play games on a computer is innovative. Why do you keep denying that on thread after thread?

And just because they haven't put out some game with gore level so high it looks like your tv is bleeding, you claim that there are no games for the hardcore gamers. Yet, MP3 and Mario Galaxy are the two highest rated games of the year. Even better than Halo 3, which is basically a prettied up Halo. Oh, that's right, making things look prettier is innovation in your book.

There really is no point in arguing with you, because your argument points are worthless and every time you are proven wrong you change to a different stance.
let me ask you something ps2 best selling console of all time did you see any shortages at any point in this consoles life cycle? no you didnt the whole shortage game was employed by microsoft when halo became a hit franchise. as a matter of fact it wasnt till halo that you would see games getting sold out.(but what they don't tell you its not sold out everywhere just the big name stores) This worked towards the hype factor and thus microsoft played into it with there console release, but seeing that ebay users where seeing a bigger profit off there consoles then they were, they increased production again. it wasnt untill this generation that there havent been enough consoles to go around and its not because the market is that much bigger than the last generation its because they made fewer consolse at launch then they have in previous generations. GO CHECK IT OUT! EVEN nintendo has made fewer consoles this launch than they have ever made in its whole life span.
People need to start looking at the underline meaning to things and start seeing what they arent showing you in the media.

Im sorry that you feel that the games that have come out for the wii are great as a matter of fact im sorry that you have been trapped in a closet if you feel that the wii games that are out now have been the best games ever made. IF you honestly feel like that then you have not experienced gaming in its whole. Just because you can immitate a movement doesnt make it a great game if the game sucks period. wow i didnt know clicking my wrist to the left was a big innovative thing. Wii sports(innovating) Mario galaxy(innovating some what) Metroid prime(innovating) after that nothing else for the wii is that great. Blood and guts don't make a game innovating that comment right there was just ignorant. My katamari is more innovating then any thing on the wii, viva pinyata (sorry for spelling) is better and more innovating than any thing on the wii. Zuma is a better mini game than the ones out for the wii. the list can go on. and that just the games that arent in your blood and gore catigory. Physconauts was more innovating than any thing on the wii, Fable and on and on and on. Just cause you can move your arms around in a game doesnt make it inovating. Inovations is something that is almost apearing less and less on the wii.

Last edited:
I have more fun with my camera games on my ps2, and 360 and when i get my ps3 again will probaly have more fun with its camera games that let me IMITATE REAL LIFE MOTIONS as you call it. But yea according to people like you the wii is the only thing that is making things that are innovating.

ITS LIKE I KEEP SAYING BUT YOU DON'T READ VERRY WELL I DON'T DISLIKE THE WII AS A SYSTEM, I DISLIKE THE LAZY GAME MAKING, AND THE CRAP GAMES THAT COME OUT FOR IT. The wii can be that innovative thing its supposed to be when better games that actualy have thought put into it actualy come out.

Whats even funnier is that innovation was something that was pushed for by the core gamers! Other than the three major games for the wii excluding wii sports what is realy now think about it what is realy innovative about the wii and the games that come out for it?

ssbb_lover said:
Are you implying that every person who hates the Wii is just denying it's greatness? There can't be one, single, solitary person who just...doesn't like the Wii? If so, that's completely ignorant. There happen to be people who *E-gasp!* dislike the Wii.

I know what you mean.. but.. they don't have to broadcast it across the internet do they? I mean.. I dislike PS3's, but you don't see me, broadcasting it for the World to see... If someone generally dislikes the Wii, then wouldn't they keep it to themselves, or just say "I'm not a big fan of the Wii"... I doubt they'd go on the internet just to hate on it..

Maroshi said:
I know what you mean.. but.. they don't have to broadcast it across the internet do they? I mean.. I dislike PS3's, but you don't see me, broadcasting it for the World to see... If someone generally dislikes the Wii, then wouldn't they keep it to themselves, or just say "I'm not a big fan of the Wii"... I doubt they'd go on the internet just to hate on it..

*cough*I do now*cough*

largedarry said:
Well I must admit the guy from gamespot had a really convincing argument. /end sarcasm

He makes the Wii sound like the end of the world. I would be willing to take him seriously if he didn't seem so determined to discredit Zelda from being innovative (or even his inference that any man buying a Wii is being emasculated).

It's too bad that the Wii surpassed the 360 in sales, I guess I should go down to the street corner and dust off my cardboard sign.
dpan349l.jpg

Yes, I saw that, his article is extreme, but it is is a great example of the general hostility towards the wii. This hostility affects how it is precieved by games developers, and thus how it is viewed by gamers, who see the drivel thats being released for it.

Below He makes a more recent comment that sums it all up quite nicely.

][/QUOTE](...) Wii: Wait, what? This is a console now? I could have sworn it was just a kid's toy, not unlike a tamagotchi, that people will be sick of in just another month (and many, many people already ARE sick of). It's pro-simplicity and anti-complexity, it looks at hardcore, difficult-to-play, unaccessible games and deems them horrible, and every single game on it takes no less than half a second to pick up. It's not a console, it's a joke, and anyone who ISN'T sick of its gimmicky controls in another month or two, is just an idiot. (...)][/QUOTE]

The statement can be found here, http://www.gamespot.com/users/Shinkada/

I make some other observations about this issue here. http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/43298-wii-fail-life-wait-what-caution-page2.html#post771461

and here http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/42684-wii-danger-repeating-gamecube-page6.html Go halfway down the thread.

I got my wii in December of last year, Joining Insider shortly therafter. Even on Nintendo's OWN site there was a LOT of extreme hostility towards the wii! I notice it in gaming forums all cross the internet. I'll make a bold statement: If the wii survives this hatred and contempt; it will be a miracle!

WIIWANTWII said:
My friends complain about how the graphics are nothing compared to PS3.

Yes, and that is why I have come to believe that Nintendo may have made a mistake in making it so "weak" compared to the PS360. I don't think it will ever be taken seriously by games developers and gamers alike. It was written off as a joke long before it was released. And now that it is here, it is branded forever as just a kid's toy, and by extension, wii owners get this contempt spilled on them too.

This is the main reason that I believe that games developers put garbage on the wii, not because they like it, cuz they don't, it all about the money.

We as wii owner better get used to this wii hatred and contempt because it's not going away anytime soon; and if you cannot deal with it I have to suggest selling it or getting another console.

Edit: here is a sterling example of how the games industry feel about the wii. http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157818 it old, but i still believe nothing has changed, if anything it prolly has gotten worse over time.

Last edited:
romj said:
Yes, and that is why I have come to believe that Nintendo may have made a mistake in making it so "weak" compared to the PS360. I don't think it will ever be taken seriously by games developers and gamers alike. It was written off as a joke long before it was released. And now that it is here, it is branded forever as just a kid's toy, and by extension, wii owners get this contempt spilled on them too.

This is the main reason that I believe that games developers put garbage on the wii, not because they like it, cuz they don't, it all about the money.

We as wii owner better get used to this wii hatred and contempt because it's not going away anytime soon; and if you cannot deal with it I have to suggest selling it or getting another console.

I'm not a Wii owner. :( but I still agree wit u.

ssbb_lover said:
Are you implying that every person who hates the Wii is just denying it's greatness? There can't be one, single, solitary person who just...doesn't like the Wii?

If so, that's completely ignorant. There happen to be people who *E-gasp!* dislike the Wii. I have a Wii, I like it alright, but I think Nintendo would have made a better move by sticking with the same controller instead of using the "Wiimote" to off-set all the other things the Wii lacks. Online, graphics, memory...I think it's going to hurt the Wii in the long run. There's no way to "upgrade" it in the future like you can with the PS3 and 360. I know a ton of people who use the GC controller for all their Wii games, doesn't that totally defeat the purpose of the Wii? You basically just payed $250 to play games that are only going to be on that platform. No better graphics, hardly any better memory.

I don't mean for it to seem like I'm hating on the Wii, because I can't wait for Mario Kart and Brawl. I've been a member here since the opening of the site and stayed for a reason...I love my Wii. I just hope you're not thinking that every single person that so called "hates" the Wii is just in denial or something. There are those who don't like the controller-scheme and would rather buy a different console.

Hey the controller thing is just a matter of supporting the input of multiple control types? If the game does not have the option to choose then thats the developers fault or vision getting in the way isn't it?

Also too What is up with the better graphics thing? You paid 250 for the console not 400. If you take the controller out you got a 180 console. Then if you take out all of the speed bumps and extra stuff done to the chips you got a GC right? I'm not sure what you guys wanted for 250? Yet what did you expect? Maybe they are selling it at a 50 dollar premium? You know thats just there to make retailers happy!

Now if the Wii was a lot closer to the price of a PS3 or a xbox 360 then I would have a problem with that and so would nintendo. The fact is the other guys take a lost of their console. Even if nintendo did that lots of gamers made it seem like it was not worth doing as the GC WAS more powerful yet no one cared! It's like complaining that your game boy could not do SF2 graphic when it was on the SNES. The price of the console reflects what you wanted!

I don't know why this is such a big problem. Pcs get speed boost every month is seems with only a few %point to cover the %50 percent rise in price for a speed ramp.

Hey let it go guys you will have more fun! Leave the spec fanboys to battle over the HD wars! It is getting really ugly too! I mean do you really want to be arguing over specs when it's game play that needs to be raised a few bars on all platforms?!

WIIWANTWII said:
My friends complain about how the graphics are nothing compared to PS3.

So if your friends have a porshe and you don't are you going to let them look down on your purchase?

You should be playing the games rather than getting your friend approval. I mean come on this is just like TV,car, penis envy! Just let me know when I can have more fun on the HD systems. Thats all I care about!

It's really weird how gaming is more of a social status thing now. I almost liked it better when every one was an out right nerd about it. Now we have guys dealing with justifying their hobby to outsiders and tech elites all looking for a way to figure out why they are still gaming it seems. Then some games come along to make you forget that stuff!
I wonder if your friend will still be complaining when brawl comes out?

Back